Author Topic: 30AC #20 Stormtrooper  (Read 35812 times)

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Re: New Stormtrooper?
« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2006, 11:03 PM »
The head sculpt is great & I love the helmet! This is a great figure, even for those who hate the Jango concept.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2006, 11:07 PM »
Darryl DePriest of Hasbro talked about the issue of Imperial era troops having removable helmets on the Forcecast.  Apparently Lucasfilm licensing has been onboard with the concept of Jango clones making up the Stormtrooper corps.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline IshiTib

• Jedi Initiate
  • The actual avatar is my newest figure:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2006, 07:38 AM »
sure, the figure is made very well and looks good, but i can't see troopers anymore :-\
Sorry for my bad English, i am German.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2006, 11:44 AM »
I guess my thought of Stormies being regular guys i.e. not clones have been squashed.

Once the helmet is on, I don't even think about it.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #79 on: December 30, 2006, 05:24 PM »
There's some serious complaining about the removable helmet to the point I think some are gonna jump off a cliff, but like Anton said I think you just leave it on and ignore it...  I'd rather have A removable helmet than NO removable helmet, even if the likeness underneath isn't my thing.

That said, I'm not Jango Clone fan either so I agree it's disappointing it's not generic, but it is still cool I think.  I'm with you there.

The cool thing, at least for customizing, is the head is semi-generic in that if painted differently it will look like anyone, more or less.  The hood really helps with that.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 30, 2006, 06:12 PM »
My utter hatred of all things Jango Clone cannot overcome the fact that a removable helmet, IF DONE CORRECTLY, will sit so much more realisticlly than a solid helmet on a peg.  If that means I have to get Jango Heads, that's fine, I've replaced all 24 on my DS Gunners, I'll do it for every Imperial troop that comes down the road.

I am over my initial disgust at them re-writing my childhood memories... maybe they could do something about my high school years while they are at it...

I'm just glad we are getting Imperial Troops, maybe they can get us some rebels (without Jango heads) to fight.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #81 on: December 30, 2006, 06:19 PM »
Jango Head rebels...  Hmmm...  I can hear the gears grind in the minds of Hasbro figure designers. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2006, 09:51 PM »
Sorry about that, but I am sure they have already thought of it, hopefully the actor gets a percentage every time they use his likeness.

I like the hood on these guys too.  Although now my mini army of TIN Stormies will have hood envy...

I can't wait to get good comparison pics, I'd love to see what else, if anything they improved over the VOTC and EVO ones.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 31, 2006, 11:25 AM »
Sorry about that, but I am sure they have already thought of it, hopefully the actor gets a percentage every time they use his likeness.

For the SW films, likeness is rights are a standard part of the contract and the actors are well compensated. No percentage, but a hefty bonus.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 31, 2006, 11:32 PM »
 ;)I think the Death Star Gunner looks a lot like Christian Lambert(Highlander) or does he? ???
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #85 on: January 1, 2007, 09:22 PM »
I guess I can see it around the eyes and the nose but his skin is too dark to match the highlander's.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 1, 2007, 09:32 PM »
i just like the removable helmet VOTC thing cause itll be easier to make my custom stormy disguise Luke fig now! (if its not released next year)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 2, 2007, 10:03 AM »
i just like the removable helmet VOTC thing cause itll be easier to make my custom stormy disguise Luke fig now! (if its not released next year)

That, hopefully, will be another bonus for this figure, easily customizable Luke and Han's.

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 2, 2007, 04:05 PM »
The New Stormtrooper body is too overscale for Luke, but for Han its perfect !!! The second wave of the Comics Packs, maybe a new smaller stormtrooper body for Luke.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 2, 2007, 05:43 PM »
eh, knowing hasbro they wouldnt care about scale. in the second wave they'd just throw votc luke's head onto votc stormy's body.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!