Author Topic: 30AC #20 Stormtrooper  (Read 35897 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: New Stormtrooper?
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2006, 10:25 AM »
My excitement is that hopefully Han and Luke head swaps might be a little bit easier

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2006, 06:07 PM »
removable helmets are OK, but I really hope this isn't a re-pack of the Tin set. The helmet looks a little sucky on it.  :-\
If it is an all new- helmet I'll be super happy. Either way I'm picking this guy up every time I see him. *Hopes Hasbro packs stormie x 2 & has wave 3 out as much as GB wave*

Yeah, that'll never happen. ::)
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2006, 11:29 PM »
but I really hope this isn't a re-pack of the Tin set.

Same here.

I'm actualy afraid of how the new trooper can turn out. The torso on the Tin one is awful.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2006, 12:01 AM »
I don't like the idea of more Jango heads for OT Troopers

God, me either.  I swear, I don't like how easily Hasbro design is incorporating the prequels into the OT designs lately.  Granted, the helmets can stay on, but just the thought of Temeura Morrison under there will bother me  :P
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2006, 06:03 AM »
but I really hope this isn't a re-pack of the Tin set.

Same here.

I'm actualy afraid of how the new trooper can turn out. The torso on the Tin one is awful.

I can handle the torso but the pin head is what Im worried about.
I remember my dream now.

Offline 212th Battalion

• Jedi Initiate
  • oh crap...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2006, 12:12 PM »
sweet i cant wait for these guys now! i will probably have to pick up to 6 of these guys ;D ;D
Momar and Fester

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2006, 04:37 PM »

I can handle the torso but the pin head is what Im worried about.

Me too except replace "pin" with "Jango"...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2006, 09:35 AM »
Someone pointed out to me that the Comic book Stormtrooper Han uses a better upper torso, so now I'm less worried.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2006, 09:55 AM »
Here is an idea for the Big H...just release Han as Stormtrooper with removable helmet.  Army builders can leave the helmet on, Revisionists can buy little Jango heads and put them on it and OT Purists won't have  a trash can full of Jango heads like I will end up with...(already have half of one with the DS Gunners)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2006, 03:43 PM »
in another recent nightmare i saw myself skipping home with a bagful of these, tearing one open, popping off that helmet, and seeing that ugly rots jango head looking up at me...eek that sends a shiver down my spine just thinking about it...  :P  :'(
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2006, 04:17 PM »
I hate Jango just as much as anyone else around here, but I fail to see how this is a bad thing.  Even without ever taking the helmet off, it should look better than the current VOTC Stormtrooper's (which is a little under-sized), and it'll mean more play value for the kids and others who don't care who's face is underneath.  And yeah, it should make it much easier for customizers interested in making their own "So-and-so in Stormtrooper Disguise" figures.

To sum up:  Sure, Jango sucks balls, but even his head under there is better than an actual ball on a stalk, like we've got now.  They've taken a figure that's adored throughout all of message boardom, improved it, and are releasing it for several bucks less than what the original cost.  Surely there's dozens of other issues to complain about, than this. . .
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2006, 05:39 PM »
I hate Jango just as much as anyone else around here, but I fail to see how this is a bad thing.  Even without ever taking the helmet off, it should look better than the current VOTC Stormtrooper's (which is a little under-sized), and it'll mean more play value for the kids and others who don't care who's face is underneath.  And yeah, it should make it much easier for customizers interested in making their own "So-and-so in Stormtrooper Disguise" figures.

To sum up:  Sure, Jango sucks balls, but even his head under there is better than an actual ball on a stalk, like we've got now.  They've taken a figure that's adored throughout all of message boardom, improved it, and are releasing it for several bucks less than what the original cost.  Surely there's dozens of other
issues to complain about, than this. . .

i somewhat agree...i guess...
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2006, 10:10 PM »

To sum up:  Sure, Jango sucks balls, but even his head under there is better than an actual ball on a stalk, like we've got now.  They've taken a figure that's adored throughout all of message boardom, improved it, and are releasing it for several bucks less than what the original cost.  Surely there's dozens of other issues to complain about, than this. . .

There are, but if we post them in this thread they would be Off Topic.

I stuck a VOTC Han head on my OT Tin Stormtrooper (assuming this is the same as next years single pack) and Matt is right, there is alot better movement in the head with an actual human (or clone if you must) head.

The only problem is that when the helmet is on, it can warp, so even if the helmet is a superior sculpt, it can get all out of whack like the Evolutions Clone helmets... but that is not to complain so much as to make an observation and prediction based on previous experiences with a closely related product from the same supplier/manufacturer within the last 18 months.

Offline darthmac

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My Diorama Website
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2006, 12:53 AM »
I'm no fan of George's revisionist history and jango in the OT, but when they make it this easy to make Stormtrooper Luke and Han, it can't be that bad.  Anyone interested in a future trade of two jango heads for a luke and a han (head)?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 12:53 AM by darthmac »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2006, 09:14 AM »
I would be surprised if we got 2 Biggs. I prefer to get one and have it be the Toshe station version.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"