Author Topic: Previews Exclusive Death Star Briefing 7-Pack  (Read 85886 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: Previews Exclusive Death Star Briefing 7-Pack
« Reply #150 on: November 9, 2006, 02:57 PM »
Everything said pretty much mirrors my thoughts as well...

Bast in that set is my favorite.  The likeness is outstanding.  Tagge's a close runner-up with his trademark Ceasar haircut...  Good work on those.

yes, the tagge kicks a double s. im not buying this set but will buy just him and wulf yularen loose if possible after the set is out.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 6, 2007, 11:59 AM »
NFC says they're getting their's in the week of the 17th. ;D
« Last Edit: January 6, 2007, 12:00 PM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #152 on: January 10, 2007, 10:49 AM »
Oh and I thnk non-Clone weaponry would've been cool too since Hasbro's Officer pistol has made it into the EU as "official" even, and who doesn't want more E-11's really?

Well, you're in luck - it looks like the final production set now comes with E-11s and not the Clone blasters.   :)

Too bad they couldn't change Wulff's pants though...  :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 10, 2007, 07:57 PM »

That's what black paint is for.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 10, 2007, 08:02 PM »
These are now shipping from EE.  Got my confirmation today.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 10, 2007, 11:29 PM »

That's what black paint is for.

I know that the standard for customizers on Wullf has been a white tunic with black trousers.  In fact when I made my own Wullf Yularen custom I used a Valorum head on a Tarkin body and also made the tunic white and the trousers black.  But in the interest of fairness/accuracy, do we actually have any reference photos of the actor in costume to confirm that?  We can certainly take it on inference that he's an Imperial Security Bureau officer, and we see other ISB officers in the white tunic and black trousers.  But I don't recall any shots of the character where we can completely confirm the colors of the costume.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #156 on: January 11, 2007, 02:37 AM »
Actually I'd say more people have made Yularren in white on white than white with black pants...  It's at best 50/50 anymore but back when the hobby was really in its infancy it seemed most people went with the all white duds...  What I think supports the criticism though is Yularen's backstory as an ISB officer and then the backstory of the ISB uniform is the black pants/kepi with a white tunic, and then the backstory of the all white uniform belonging to the Imperial Grand Admirals...  Since Hasbro follow the EU enough to flesh out other "unseen" aspects of characters, I think it would've been nice for them to have followed it with this one.  To the best of my knowledge I've never seen a shot of Yularen standing on the set though...  Not much footage from that sequence was edited out that I'm aware of so not many stills seem to exist from the sequence.

To be honest I find the lack of a removable hat (I'd love a good removable Officer's hat in this line someday from a customizing standpoint) for Bast to be more disappointing than the color of Yularen's pants... 

I've actually yet to order this set myself.  I need to get on the ball with this soon.  ::)  Not many in my local group were wanting to do a group order to save shipping because of the set including 3 figures nobody wanted and 4 everyone wanted but were obscure...  I'd really like to save where I can on these because of the 3 pack-ins that suck.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 11, 2007, 08:46 AM »
I think I have a picture (maybe from one of those Decipher Games) of Wulf with Black pants...

I ordered 2 sets, just for the extra ball jointed human heads.  I guess we will never get any of the higher ranking Imperial Officers with super-articulation, but I would really like a generic low grade officer with "the works".  That would include the Hat/Kepi that Jesse really wants.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 11, 2007, 11:01 AM »
Just got a notice from EE that it's shipping

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 11, 2007, 04:05 PM »
I think I have a picture (maybe from one of those Decipher Games) of Wulf with Black pants...

You see Wulf walking with a guy (along with the DS droid) past the camera in the scene where stormie-disguised Luke and Han wait for a lift with Chewie. He's definitely wearing black pants.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #160 on: January 11, 2007, 08:22 PM »
I don't believe that's Wulf specifically...  Younger guy, no stache, wearing a kepi.  I could be wrong on that though but I don't recall seeing Wulf specifically...  May check out my DVD's when I'm back near them though to make sure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 11, 2007, 09:00 PM »
I don't believe that's Wulf specifically...  Younger guy, no stache, wearing a kepi.  I could be wrong on that though but I don't recall seeing Wulf specifically...  May check out my DVD's when I'm back near them though to make sure.

I just watch the orignal ANH (I guess that would mean it's simply "Star Wars") a couple weeks ago and I'm pretty sure the guy had a stashe, gray hair and that it was Wulf. Of course it could have just been my excitement of seeing the old films again. we could blame it on old celluloid film from the late 70s.  ;) I also noticed an 8th baddie at the Briefing that's not in our pack. He's just glimpsed from the back, but he's bald. Anyone know anything of him?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 13, 2007, 02:26 PM »
I haven't gotten any shipping notices, but my card was charged a few days ago.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #163 on: January 14, 2007, 07:36 PM »

I just watch the orignal ANH (I guess that would mean it's simply "Star Wars") a couple weeks ago and I'm pretty sure the guy had a stashe, gray hair and that it was Wulf. Of course it could have just been my excitement of seeing the old films again. we could blame it on old celluloid film from the late 70s.  ;) I also noticed an 8th baddie at the Briefing that's not in our pack. He's just glimpsed from the back, but he's bald. Anyone know anything of him?

I don't believe that's Wulff, but you're definitely right that he's wearing black pants. It's too bad Hasbro missed that color scheme for the ISB officers, but a little paint will clear that matter up :D
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 17, 2007, 10:44 PM »
I picked up this set today.  Very cool.  I haven't opened it yet, but I'm looking forward to it.  I know that I definitely want to try preserving the packaging insert, as it depicts the conference table reasonably well for a piece of cardboard.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback