Author Topic: KOTOR Figures Thread  (Read 16294 times)

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Re: All in Favor of KOTORs, Say I!
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2007, 08:38 PM »
As long as we get HK-47 I'll be happy.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2007, 11:16 PM »
I'm totally for KOTOR figs. All of the principle characters and most of the secondary characters, plus the army builders. If Hasbor released a wave of these per year, we'd get KOTOR figures for a few more years.

And I heartily agree that HK-47 needs to be represented in plastic! He's my favorite from KOTOR.
Though I also look forward to Bastila and Sith troopers.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2007, 06:35 AM »
 :) I'm all for the Kotor figs.Definatly great customizing character potenial there,besides that they're just plain COOL! 8)
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2007, 09:15 AM »
Never played it, can't get behind it.

Nay!
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2007, 09:49 AM »

Nay!

Man, Anthony, you are really missing out. It really is a good story line and the game play is fun. Filling in some of the earlier history of our beloved Saga is cool too, IMO.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
Re: KOTOR Figures Thread
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2007, 11:14 AM »
I think any figure in KOTOR would sell well, even from the second one too. One reason I say that is many are of Sith or Jedi type characters and even if someone doesn't know who they are they would make great background filler or something like that. All others that are not Sith or Jedi have a very Star Wars feel to them and if they stick to the game over the comic when making figures there are still some really cool characters, droids, and aliens to be had.

One figure I would love to have which would be a customizers dream figure on how I would like to see them made is a Raven (player character) from KOTOR and Jedi Outcast (player charactor) KOTOR2. A must to have a male and female with all the different head choices, light and dark versions, and some different body choices too. For the Revan (player character) in KOTOR you need the character classes (Soldier, Scout, and Scoundrel) to choose from and of course the Jedi/Sith attire. Possibilities are numbering, but could be made into a reasonable set, if broke down. Add some different weapons and accessories to round them out and this figure would increase anyones fodder box.

Anyway, I would suggest to any Star Wars fan to play the KOTOR games. Very fun and they have a great store line that can fit into any diehard PT or OT fan. Takes some time to complete the game, but all worth it.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2007, 03:12 PM »

Nay!

Man, Anthony, you are really missing out. It really is a good story line and the game play is fun. Filling in some of the earlier history of our beloved Saga is cool too, IMO.

I've seen it played. My good buddy played both. I almost picked up II the other day, but decided I better play the first instead. I just have to track down a cheep copy for x-box. :P

I'm sure I'll love it if I get to play it though. That's what happened with Republic Commando.

Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2007, 03:51 PM »

Nay!

I've seen it played. My good buddy played both. I almost picked up II the other day, but decided I better play the first instead. I just have to track down a cheep copy for x-box. :P

I'm sure I'll love it if I get to play it though. That's what happened with Republic Commando.

KOTOR is much different than Republic Commando and much longer with a more indepth store line. Republic Commando was an okay game, but could have been much better with a better story and longer. It just sucks when you can win a game within about 3 hours. Anyway KOTOR is not like that. I have one game that I have going for 50+ hours now, but I like to play out all the side quests and go through all the options. The other cool thing is when the story line changes when you are light side vs dark side. You can win the game fast on the dark side though, if you just wanted to get though it and it can been done in about 3-4 day not played all day long.

roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2007, 06:52 PM »
 I am all for it.  make them all  I love both KOTOR and KOTOR II    While we are at make the KOTOR comic characters too.  Legacy Too.

Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2007, 01:38 AM »
I'm still wrapping up KOTOR here actually when I have time to play...  You'll not just "jump in and love it" I'm afraid Anthony...  It's so much more involved than a shooter, but it does suck you in with story, which is a lot different than most games casual gamers are used to (not sure what you're into with gaming to say either way).

Commando's good for what it is, has some flaws, but the story more than gameplay is what drives KOTOR.

KOTOR 2 isn't nearly as good however...  Not that it's bad, it's just a lot of duplication of the first I'm afraid. 

As far as figures go, I'm all for more...  I feel if they're going to delve into an EU property, Hasbro should cover more than 2 or 3 figures from said property.  I think it'd be really great if you were able to, somehow, get a figure that was slightly "customizeable" to make a close approximation of your character from the game, however I don't see how it would be possible.

I'd be cool with getting some of the main party characters though, maybe a Sith/Republic Trooper, a Sith/Republic Officer...  Maybe an alien or two from one of the planets you visit since their designs are quite Star Wars-ish and fit in.

I wouldn't go overboard at once on KOTOR figures, but mixed in here and there and I"d love to see quite a few actually.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2007, 02:19 AM »
Commando's good for what it is, has some flaws, but the story more than gameplay is what drives KOTOR.

KOTOR 2 isn't nearly as good however...  Not that it's bad, it's just a lot of duplication of the first I'm afraid. 

I would have to agree to a point with Jesse here, but I really liked the changes that were made in KOTOR2. I don't want to ruin the story for anyone, so I won't get into them with details. The best has to do with light and dark side and the main party plus the bonus to one and offering different characters to join your party when light/dark side and/or male/female. Overall it's much like KOTOR. The story is better in the first KOTOR, but I think the characters were cooler in KOTOR2 minus some back stories for them.

Odd thing happen to me when playing the first KOTOR, a glich changed the Wookiee character Jaalbar's class to a Jedi. I couldn't give him a lightsaber, but he was able to use force powers. I still have that game saved, so when ever I want to have a Wookiee Jedi to play he is there. I really fun game for RPG gamers a must, and if you can take the long game play I would recommand to Star Wars fans too.

As far as figures go, I'm all for more...  I feel if they're going to delve into an EU property, Hasbro should cover more than 2 or 3 figures from said property.  I think it'd be really great if you were able to, somehow, get a figure that was slightly "customizeable" to make a close approximation of your character from the game, however I don't see how it would be possible.

I'd be cool with getting some of the main party characters though, maybe a Sith/Republic Trooper, a Sith/Republic Officer...  Maybe an alien or two from one of the planets you visit since their designs are quite Star Wars-ish and fit in.

I wouldn't go overboard at once on KOTOR figures, but mixed in here and there and I"d love to see quite a few actually.

I would have to totally agree here about the figures. There are many cool characters I would love to have as figures, but we could get floaded fast. Maybe a few here and there would be the best. With that said I would like to see some more Shadows of the Empire figures made, or at least the ones that we got resculpted.

roron corobb
my feedback link

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2007, 01:24 AM »

Nay!
I've never have either. But the characters are cool. Stupid Lucasarts not releasing this series & RC for PS!  >:(
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2007, 03:02 AM »
KOTOR is the only game I've played multiple times.  It is awesome!  I am looking forward to picking up these figures.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline jediraven82

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2007, 11:11 AM »
KOTOR is far and away the greatest game ever made.  It is perfection.  All I have to say is that Hasbro better make more figures from the game, but not crappy like their upcoming Malak.  They really dropped the ball on his sculpt.  I won't be happy until I get a Bastila.

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
  • i've never seen garbage eat garbage before
    • View Profile
    • http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Darth_Depressis
« Reply #44 on: September 4, 2007, 05:05 PM »
yeah i totally plan on getting revan and malak..but really fear the outcome of future figures after seeing the first version of malak....and i agree they should make alot more video game figures...surprised their just now getting around these guys....