Author Topic: Sideshow 12" Endor Rebel Soliders  (Read 20803 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Sideshow 12" Endor Rebel Soliders
« on: September 21, 2006, 11:44 AM »
Sneak Peek!

Each sold separately at $60 a pop.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 09:34 PM by ruiner »

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Re: Sideshow 12" Endor Rebel Soliders
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 12:49 PM »
Nice way to start off the Military line.  Of course, since each one is different, I have to buy all three.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 03:07 PM »
ya these are cool i'm not into, the 12 inch figs, but i definately would be getting these if i didn't have OCD about the 4 inch line.  why can't habro be more like the side show line?  It'd be cool if the middle one was Rykrof Enloe, but oh well.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 03:10 PM »
Definitely a cool start to the military part of the line.  Sideshow's work continues to impress, and I really wish I could afford it.  Seeing something like this (groups of three figures, $60 each) reminds me that there's just no way I can.  It sure does look nice though.  I wouldn't mind Hasbro taking a cue from this line as well, as far as just making each figure of the best quality - maybe limiting releases a little more, and focus in on making just what collectors want.  I realize the lines are very different, but there are some things that could really be taken from what Sideshow is doing.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 04:56 PM »
I hate to say it but I'm officially trying to put $$$ away for these right now...  I want all 3 too.  This is gonna kill me but the military line is as good as mine.  I won't be doing the rest of the 12" line but I have to have the military line at this point.  Those are just too sweet and everything the 3.75" line should be (relatively speaking) in awesomeness.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2006, 05:37 PM »
Wasn't Leia the beginning of the Military?
I want all 3.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2006, 06:37 PM »
I doubt if I will pick these up even though they are fantastic.  If I had all the main characters from the Endor scenes then I might be tempted but without Han, Luke and Leia (Sideshow versions anyways), there's no point.  I didn't know a thing about this military line so this whole post was quite a shock.  Is there going to be some kind of stormtrooper line??
Beth

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2006, 08:44 PM »
I might snag them to get the uniforms and stick them on one of my Dragon figures, the Sideshow heads have always been a little off for me.  But $60 for a uniform set seems a bit steep.  I really want this part of the line to prosper though, so I will probably go ahead and snag them.  a proper 1:6 scale rebel rifle...how can you turn that down.

I'd like to have the main characters in their Endor gear too, but as I said the heads for Luke and Bespin Luke are not right to me.

Leia Boussh was the first in the Bounty Hunter line I think.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2006, 07:13 AM »
I doubt if I will pick these up even though they are fantastic.  If I had all the main characters from the Endor scenes then I might be tempted but without Han, Luke and Leia (Sideshow versions anyways), there's no point.  I didn't know a thing about this military line so this whole post was quite a shock.  Is there going to be some kind of stormtrooper line??

I would think this line would cover stormtroopers and clone troopers.  I think Sideshow is still working on how to make the armor.

I believe I heard once Sideshow got the 12" license, they would have six lines.  We now have:  Heros of the Rebellion, Order of the Jedi, the Sith, Scum and Villiany, and the Military.  Any guesses for the sixth one?  Also, am I remember correctly that they said six lines?

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2006, 07:54 AM »
  Any guesses for the sixth one?  Also, am I remember correctly that they said six lines?

Expanded Universe?  It's the only one that Snowbunny Padme would fit in.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2006, 09:15 AM »

I would think this line would cover stormtroopers and clone troopers. I think Sideshow is still working on how to make the armor.

I don't think we'll see stormtroopers/clones from Sideshow directly.  They just announced that they will be distributing the RAH Medicom Clonetrooper - why spend the money on tooling if they can sell Medicom's version?

So far, I have not been impressed with their figure selection.  I've been waiting for classic iconic characters like Han Solo (ANH), Lando (ESB), Obi Wan (ANH), etc.

The line (to date) has been nothing but head swaps with new hands and some accessories.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2006, 09:52 AM »
This is news to me, but i don't know how i feel about it. I think that they are overpriced for generic characters. Seeing three of them worries me very much. If they plan on doing it with the Endor soldiers imagine how many different clone troopers they will do. I am undecided if i will buy these.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2006, 08:01 PM »
Actually as far as I remember the beard guy & the jacket gut appeared in the movie. Not so sure on the first one in the line-up though.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2006, 09:00 AM »
I agree, i think the bearded guy was in the movie too, but still its alot of for them to release at once.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2006, 02:46 PM »
He was in the Scout disguise. These will be the only Endor Rebels I buy from SS.