Author Topic: Sideshow 12" Endor Rebel Soliders  (Read 20866 times)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Re: Sideshow 12" Endor Rebel Soliders
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2006, 04:34 PM »
Sideshow will make Clones and Stormtroopers, but stated that they won't happen in the first year.  They've started with simpler figures that really only involve clothes and heads.  I'm sure the cost of producing clones and stromtroopers will be high, and they need to make sure the line is selling before they get into them.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2006, 04:53 PM »
Sideshow will make Clones and Stormtroopers, but stated that they won't happen in the first year.  They've started with simpler figures that really only involve clothes and heads.  I'm sure the cost of producing clones and stromtroopers will be high, and they need to make sure the line is selling before they get into them.

I can see that logic, but i think after Luke went up for sale, they knew the line was going to do well. I don't buy that excuse. I think they are being smart about it though. They know everyone wants stromtroopers so why not wait a bit. In the mean time some of those people will buy other figures they may not have nomrally purchased.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2006, 05:00 PM »
I agree with evenflow. Well, I don't think SS has done a armored figure yet though, so they're testing it out.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2006, 03:36 AM »
You guys maybe didn't notice but we have a clearer/better scan of the Troopers up in our front page story on the latest Insider that arrived at my place today...  Here's the image for your viewing pleasure.

Click the image for the full one as it's pretty large but detailed.

As far as the troopers go, all 3 were in the film...  The one in the hooded outfit went into the bunker with Solo and Leia, I believe he's the guy carrying the bomb satchel (or one of them). 

The Trooper in the Trench Coat was hard to spot in many scenes at all but he was seen ducking behind a piece of equipment during the battle and the equipment got blasted just as he hid behind it.

The Bearded Blonde Trooper is indeed the guy that steals the Biker Scout armor in the cut sequence from the film.  He's seen with his hands on his head in surrender as Han is led out from the Bunker, and he's also seen very briefly slipping the Scout helmet on as Han/Leia and company enter the bunker.  He is also seen as part of the Matte painting of the bunker battle sequence as a dead guy just outside thebunker doors...  He was killed seemingly just as the fight erupted when the Ewoks attacked.

He's pretty noticeable throughout the Endor shots though, even before they get to the bunker and all.  His beard helps him stand out of course.

I wonder what, if any, exclusive accessory will come with the guys.  I am planning on all 3 figures.  I hope the "exclusive" stuff isn't interesting so I don't have to care about pre-orders on that stuff. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2006, 07:29 PM »
My guess for the bearded guy exclusive would be a biker scout helmet. Other than that I have no idea. Maybe some thermal detonators.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2006, 10:26 AM »
These are very cool but I don't know if I can justify $180 for three Endor soldiers. 

Maybe I'll just buy one for the time being.

What's everybody's plan?

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2006, 07:34 PM »
My plan is to skip these.  To bad as they are very nice.  I just have never really cared for the Endor Rebel Soldiers for some reason?  If I had to pick one I'd take the older guy. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2006, 03:08 AM »
I'm buying all 3, however I don't collect any 12" figures anymore so I feel it's justifiable really...  I'm also starting a savings for it now to make sure I have the $$$.  It's a big buy for me, unfortunately.  :(  I wish they chimed in at $10 or $20 less but I have to be honest in saying I believe you get what you pay for here.

I've always been impressed with SS's "Bayonets & Barbed Wire" line (I'm a huge WWI enthusiast, it's highly overlooked in the US as a major conflict and turning point in history) and they did an outstanding job on those.  Their Civil War line is really nice as well...  I find their headsculpts to be nice, but Dragon does dominate in that category.  These 3 Endor guys look spot-on to the actos though, as bit parts as they were, but the main character headsculpts are much more debateable I agree.

For Troopers though I'm in on these.  Hell they even got the 3 main Endor costumes down...  :)  You can't beat that kind of detail to what the troops are wearing.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2006, 08:53 PM »
My guess for the bearded guy exclusive would be a biker scout helmet. Other than that I have no idea. Maybe some thermal detonators.
Boushh Leia came with one, so they wouldn't be exclusive.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2006, 12:52 AM »
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindtheshow/?page_id=2008

Sounds like these guys will have some sort of bundle for the three together...

"Endor Strike Force Bundle - Limited Time Pre-Order Offer
We are happy to offer this special to collectors who plan to pre-order all three Rebel Commandos. The bundled set will be offered for pre-sale with the launch of our Oct 5th 2006 newsletter and be available for only a short time. Take advantage of the following opportunities:

Receive a $25 gift card towards select Sideshow items!
Reserve all three figures before their official Pre-order dates!
Bundle items packed in specialty shipper box!
Strike Force Bundle saves on expense of individual shipping costs!
Strike Force Bundle scheduled to ship before single Commando figures! "
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2006, 09:38 AM »
Well I hope that if exclusive accessories were planed for the single reelases that they are included in the bundle sets

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2006, 10:54 AM »
Well I hope that if exclusive accessories were planed for the single reelases that they are included in the bundle sets

I was thinking the same thing. I'm hoping that if they do exclusive accessories that they will only come in the bundle vs just in the singles. It nice to get the $25 gift card too but won't really do me any good since I only collect their 12" Star Wars line and they never have any "in stock" to make the gift card usable.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2006, 09:24 AM »
Maul, Boussh, Bib, Jabba & the creatures still are! I'll probally order this set.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: October 2, 2006, 01:47 AM »
I'm new to the SS thing...

What do I need to do to be able to pre-order on these?  I'd like the 3-figure bundle to save myself grief.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 2, 2006, 07:34 AM »
I'm new to the SS thing...

What do I need to do to be able to pre-order on these?  I'd like the 3-figure bundle to save myself grief.

Sign up for both an account and the newsletter and make sure both have the same email address.  Then you should be all set.
Common sense isn't so common