Author Topic: Sideshow 12" Endor Rebel Soliders  (Read 20801 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Sideshow 12" Endor Rebel Soliders
« Reply #30 on: October 2, 2006, 12:23 PM »
I am going to snag  at least 1 bundle and perhaps a couple of the trooper.

I've already un-storaged the Dragon figures to get better head sculpts (I'll have to track down the right one for the bearded guy)...

Now I finally have an excuse to assemble the half-case of Marmit Stormtroopers I got years ago too..

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: October 3, 2006, 12:57 AM »
I'm new to the SS thing...

What do I need to do to be able to pre-order on these?  I'd like the 3-figure bundle to save myself grief.

Sign up for both an account and the newsletter and make sure both have the same email address.  Then you should be all set.

Thanks for the tip.  I think I've done everything right so I'm gonna go check and see if I am listed as able to do pre-orders.  Last night I wasn't getting a favorable response though.  >:(  It's been a tad frustrating just getting ready to get ready.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 3, 2006, 07:31 AM »
It usually takes a day or so, Jesse.  If by Wednesday or Thursday morning you're still having issues, call Sideshow's customer service or shoot them an email.  They're top notch in handling requests or problems.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #33 on: October 4, 2006, 02:22 AM »
I think I'm gold now. :)  I checked late last night and I was ok, thanks Mike.

This is a huge purchase for me, so I'm kind of anxious and at the same time fearful of the debt, haha.  I don't like incurring this much at once...  Sounds silly I know, I just hate it.  I'm anal about things like this.

Yet somehow I'm giddy...  I just love these figures.  They're exactly what I'd hoped Hasbro would've done a while back but they ignored the rebels for the most part, and wouldn't have done this well anyway.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #34 on: October 4, 2006, 09:45 AM »
So does the bundle go up for pre-order tomorrow?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: October 5, 2006, 12:23 AM »
Sideshow has posted a nice Q&A on these...

- The "Strike Force" Bundle should go on sale tomorrow between 6-7PM Pacific (9-10PM Eastern).
- No exclusive edition is planned...
- But, 2 of the figures (Rebel Sergeant and Nik Sant) are ONLY available via Sideshow's website.
- Individual figures are $60, the bundle is $180 (the only savings is in the lower shipping cost)

Head on over to Sideshow for the whole thing.   ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #36 on: October 5, 2006, 08:41 AM »
I still have not decided if i am ordering these.  :-\

EDIT...

So for now i ordered them. Not sure if i will cancel or not but i'd rather be safe than sorry.
« Last Edit: October 5, 2006, 10:11 PM by evenflow »
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 5, 2006, 10:18 PM »
I still have not decided if i am ordering these.  :-\

EDIT...

So for now i ordered them. Not sure if i will cancel or not but i'd rather be safe than sorry.

I did the same thing. Ordered it to be on the safe side but can cancel if I decide I don't want them. I just don't have the "need to have it" feeling like I did with the Jabba set. Not sure If I can justify the $200+ on these.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 5, 2006, 10:34 PM »
Got mine ordered...only got one set.  Now I have to Track down Luke and Han...
« Last Edit: October 5, 2006, 10:34 PM by Paul »

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 6, 2006, 03:59 AM »
Well, this is my first ever SSC 12" pass.  I have every single Star Wars 12" exclusive figure thus far, but as cool as these Endor Troopers are, they just aren't worth the close to $200 price tag for background characters.  That and they are pretty scarce with their accessories.  I mean add  sachel/charges, thermal detonators, bundle discount, something to make these more appealing.

I'm kind of glad in a way, I got the completist monkey off my back.  I'm now having second thoughts on the Jabba set, and Bib...
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: October 6, 2006, 05:18 AM »
I got a set, my first 12" figures since the Imp Officer from Hasbro actually, haha.  I was happy to buy...  $60 each isn't horrid and you get a bit of stuff (helmet, rifle, detailed uniforms, bandoleirs, etc.)...  I'm happy with these, but I also don't buy any other 12" series.  This'll be my only 12" line I collect since the military is a HUGE part of why I love Star Wars...  It's one of the best fantasy series with military in it.  I really look forward to Fleet and Hoth rebels actually...    And of course some armor-clad Impies at some point.

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 6, 2006, 11:39 AM »
I got a set, my first 12" figures since the Imp Officer from Hasbro actually, haha.  I was happy to buy...  $60 each isn't horrid and you get a bit of stuff (helmet, rifle, detailed uniforms, bandoleirs, etc.)...  I'm happy with these, but I also don't buy any other 12" series.  This'll be my only 12" line I collect since the military is a HUGE part of why I love Star Wars...  It's one of the best fantasy series with military in it.  I really look forward to Fleet and Hoth rebels actually...    And of course some armor-clad Impies at some point.

I caved and got the bundle too.... and will probably get the rest of the line.   As for fantasy with military in it, I really suggest picking up On Basilisk Station by David Weber (yeah it's more Sci-fi than Fantasy)- the whole Honor Harrington series is the bomb!

Oboewan
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 6, 2006, 11:47 AM »
I'm still on the fence with the bundle.  I want to keep Jabba on order so maybe I'll just get the single infantry dude.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 7, 2006, 05:28 PM »
Missed out. :( I guess I'll just buy them individually.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Davin Felth

• Youngling
  • Look Sir....droids!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2006, 12:03 AM »
These are nice figures, but why not start with stormtroopers or clone troopers? Althought the Endor Rebel soldiers serve their purpose, screen time wise and the coolness factor seem pretty low to me.