Author Topic: New JD Review: Death Star Gunner  (Read 7117 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: New JD Review: Death Star Gunner
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2006, 02:33 AM »
The holster isn't oversized though...  it's spot-on in accuracy/scale.  To me it's a major plus to have that feature then.  The same goes for the helmet with me...  A large ball/socket joint wouldn't allow a ton more movement at the neck (some though I'm sure), while the removable helmet I think is a feature that really appeals to adults and collectors alike.  At least it seems popular with the kids I've seen, and this big kid of course. ;)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2006, 09:30 AM »
I agree Jesse. If you look at the movie, these holsters are spot on.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Amanaman

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2006, 06:58 PM »
A large ball/socket joint wouldn't allow a ton more movement at the neck (some though I'm sure),

A larger socket allows more movement.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2006, 08:20 PM »
Yes, but with this helmet design it wouldn't allow much and have it still look as accurate as it does as a removable helmet...  IE: the helmet overlapping as it does since it's removable.  The range of movement would only be improved if it were more flush so I'd take the removable helmet feature myself since it's a better aspect of "play" for the toy.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 3, 2006, 08:30 PM »
Oh, JJ, I forgot to ask earlier- are there really grey-suited DS Gunners in ANH?  I know for sure that there are grey-suited DS Troopers (aka Death Squad Commanders) such as the one at the console behind Tarkin and Vader in the Alderaan-destroying scene.  But I don't recall ever seeing grey DS Gunners...
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: December 4, 2006, 04:11 AM »
It seems to me there's a dark grey jumpsuited guy in ANH in a scene or two...  Tough to make out though, but you can see a clear differenc in the color of the jumpsuit to the "armor" the guy has on in at least one shot...  It looks almost like it's leather sewn to a dark grey jumpsuit...  Hasbro caught it and did the 12" Death Star Gunner figure (FAO exclusive) that's really similar to what I saw in ANH...  Seems I wasn't the only one.  Definitely not an all black uniform though.  It's very unique looking and rather colorful for an Impy Uniform actually.

If I'm every able to get a screen cap, I will do so...  Wish I had a DVD player on my computer, haha.