Author Topic: Recent 30AC Purchases  (Read 358591 times)

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Recent 30AC Purchases
« Reply #1110 on: November 23, 2007, 01:23 PM »
I think that waves 7, 7.5 and 8 will be just as plentiful as the previous waves in the TAC.

Plentiful? I'm still looking for Waves 5 and 6.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: November 23, 2007, 01:27 PM »
I guess for me, if I find what I need plus I find the wave at least four more times after that I consider the wave "plentiful"...

Sorry, I wasn't trying to brag or anything.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: November 23, 2007, 07:09 PM »
I dont trust Hasbro with this 7.5 wave, I have a feeling they are going to short change the wave and it will end up being really hard to complete. I think Hasbro wants to be done with these coins ASAP!

On what basis do you make that assumption? History has proven the opposite.
Well one thing "the coins" I think Hasbo hates these things and wants to be finished with them ASAP! and lets not forget the 7.5 was only created to fill the void of the Force Unleshead. and consider usually by this time of the year the average collector has finshed or is very close to getting all the figures, not true this year. And we now have to compete against the holidays shoppers. I hope I'm wrong..but..

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: November 24, 2007, 09:21 AM »
I dont trust Hasbro with this 7.5 wave, I have a feeling they are going to short change the wave and it will end up being really hard to complete. I think Hasbro wants to be done with these coins ASAP!

Well one thing "the coins" I think Hasbo hates these things and wants to be finished with them ASAP! and lets not forget the 7.5 was only created to fill the void of the Force Unleshead. and consider usually by this time of the year the average collector has finshed or is very close to getting all the figures, not true this year. And we now have to compete against the holidays shoppers. I hope I'm wrong..but..

So everything is based on speculation, not informed observation of any kind. Informed observation dictates the following:

Hasbro does care about the coins. They took the time to replace all the coins less scuffed coins to satisfy consumer complaints. This held up distribution foe two months. They also offer to replace damaged coins. They're not going to put themselves in the same situation by shortchanging the last wave.

I don't know what the replacement wave has anything to do with quantity made. Hasbro has strived to make the same run of figures in every wave for the past three years. There is no indication of this changing.

The only reason why collectors would be nearly finished by this time of year is because of a smooth year in distribution. Not so this year as stated above. And what does this have to do with wave 7.5 being short runned?

Finally, holiday shopped means more product on the shelves for people to buy.

Back on topic:

My EE Mandalorian set arrived yesterday and I picked up the McSolo and a few more Awing pilots.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: November 24, 2007, 06:45 PM »
Scored the Anakin & Trade Federation Droid plus the Fel & Hobbie comic 2-packs this morning.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: November 24, 2007, 07:10 PM »
Hasbro does care about the coins. They took the time to replace all the coins less scuffed coins to satisfy consumer complaints. This held up distribution foe two months. They also offer to replace damaged coins.

Not to derail the thread, but Hasbro hasn't actually replaced anybody's scuffed coins yet.  I remember them talking about it quite frequently at the conventions, yet to my knowledge, they never actually did so.  No address was given, no details were distributed, and nothing seemed to have come of it.  Someone else even mentioned it in Pawlus' Q&A over at GH either last week or the week before. 

And just to add to the thread, to paraphrase "Spaceballs": I ain't found ****.   >:(

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: November 24, 2007, 07:40 PM »

So everything is based on speculation, not informed observation of any kind. Informed observation dictates the following:

Hasbro does care about the coins. They took the time to replace all the coins less scuffed coins to satisfy consumer complaints. This held up distribution foe two months. They also offer to replace damaged coins. They're not going to put themselves in the same situation by shortchanging the last wave.

I don't know what the replacement wave has anything to do with quantity made. Hasbro has strived to make the same run of figures in every wave for the past three years. There is no indication of this changing.

The only reason why collectors would be nearly finished by this time of year is because of a smooth year in distribution. Not so this year as stated above. And what does this have to do with wave 7.5 being short runned?

Finally, holiday shopped means more product on the shelves for people to buy.

Back on topic:

My EE Mandalorian set arrived yesterday and I picked up the McSolo and a few more Awing pilots.
Great! I guess only time will tell who is right here!
Happy Holidays!

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: November 24, 2007, 08:14 PM »
One of the local Targets put out an endcap full of the UBPs this morning at $49 each.  I definitely like the Hoth one more than the Endor BP figures wise and based on what comes in the set.  The canon in the Hoth set is nice.  The Target also had the newest SW Transformers wave which I picked up.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: November 25, 2007, 09:06 AM »
Wound up scoring a complete set of Wave 7.5 and some openers yesterday. I have a complete carded set of the '07 figures now. Need three more openers to fill up my album.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: November 25, 2007, 11:40 AM »
I scored an UGH McChewie at Target the other day!  ;D
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: November 25, 2007, 11:47 AM »
1 jawa
2 stormies.

i think TAC just ended on wave 5 up north  :'( the gap in my album is huge and i hate it.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline BIG MAC

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • JEDICON WV
« Reply #1121 on: November 25, 2007, 01:11 PM »
Went to my "not so local TARGET" which is 60 miles away and picked up 2 of each of these exclusives, Hoth/Endor Battlepacks, Clone Wars ARC 170, TIE Bomber,and both Galactic Heroes (Jabbas Palace and Assault on the Death Star ).A great,but VERY expensive day!
"Going to CHEERS to find my name"

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: November 25, 2007, 02:47 PM »
Picked up a Jango Fett w/Poncho this morning at Target.  There was only one other figure, Destroyer Droid w/semi shield which was picked up by another collector.  Pulled the trigger this morning and bought both UBPs even though I saw them yesterday.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: November 25, 2007, 05:56 PM »
picked up a ROTS clone.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: November 25, 2007, 09:17 PM »
Finally found all of Wave 5 from a fresh opened box, got McVader from the same box as well.  ;D

Also got,

Ashard Hett and Darkwoman Comic 2-Pack.
VTAC Snowtrooper

Saw the Wave 4 Comic Packs but didn't have enough money to get them.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 09:22 PM by Rune Haako »