Author Topic: Recent 30AC Purchases  (Read 354580 times)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: Recent 30AC Purchases
« Reply #735 on: August 24, 2007, 11:55 PM »
My case of Wave 4 arrived from New Force today.  Very excited to tear into it.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: August 25, 2007, 09:08 AM »
Picked up the Y-Wing.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: August 25, 2007, 09:45 AM »
My mail-away coin set arrived from Hasbro yesterday. It is really, really cool!

I also stumbled upon all of Wave 3 of the comic packs at Target the other day. I was low on money, so I only got A'Sharad and the Dark Woman. I would've gotten the Luke/Mara one just for the Luke, but the Mara looked so terrible and both A'Sharad and the Dark Woman looked really great! And they are. I will try to pick up the Luke eventually, though.

I am also still on the lookout for Wave 4!  :'(
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: August 25, 2007, 03:27 PM »
My HTS.com McJedi just arrived in the mail!  8)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #739 on: August 26, 2007, 11:34 AM »
I picked up a Saga Legends Shock Trooper and Darth Maul.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline ratm

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: August 26, 2007, 12:09 PM »
The Wal-Mart next to my house for some reason has all of their Legends figures ringing up at $2. I was buying a few anyway(Boba Fett and Sandtrooper) when I realized they only rang up at $2. I went back later and bought several AOTC clones a few Obi-Wans, Saesee Tin, Darth Vader, Leia in Boush disguise, 2 destroyer droids and 2 packs of the Battle droid 2 packs. All this for just over $28 bucks.  My friend said that I was being unethical by doing this. I don't see it that way because I plan on keeping all of these(most for custom fodder) and it's not my fault that Wal-Mart can't mark their stuff correctly.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: August 26, 2007, 01:04 PM »
The Wal-Mart next to my house for some reason has all of their Legends figures ringing up at $2. I was buying a few anyway(Boba Fett and Sandtrooper) when I realized they only rang up at $2. I went back later and bought several AOTC clones a few Obi-Wans, Saesee Tin, Darth Vader, Leia in Boush disguise, 2 destroyer droids and 2 packs of the Battle droid 2 packs. All this for just over $28 bucks.  My friend said that I was being unethical by doing this. I don't see it that way because I plan on keeping all of these(most for custom fodder) and it's not my fault that Wal-Mart can't mark their stuff correctly.

nice deal man!

My score from fan expo:

Tem Morrisons signature
1997 SW calender (thinking of cutting out the pics to make a mini poster)
Ponda and Momaw bar scene figures ($6 a piece )
Luke in the bacta tank
saga Sandtrooper
Jack skelignton mini statue from kingdom hearts
nute gunray episode 1
a Zam wessal comic (can not remember name)
and Zam wessels speeder

There was not as much SW stuff there as last year and if there was new figures they were selling at $13-15 a piece so I stuck to old figures I still wanted to get or that just had a kicka&* deal.

School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline brian_peppers

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: August 26, 2007, 06:47 PM »
Okay, story time. Sit down and grab a cup 'o joe.

I hit a local WM this morning. Just as they opened the doors, the Asian lady who owns a hello kitty store that scalps figures appeared. Normally, she or her husband are consistently a few minutes late, but today, she got there just in the nick of time. She raced me to the SW figs.

Lucky for me, they had put out a case or two of wave 2 Legends on the end-cap side. She stopped, started grabbing all the Sandtroopers and Fetts. Since I'm good with wave 2, I went to the main section which was overflowing with wave 4.4 (no Vader or CZ-4.) Knowing she's stocking for her store, I started grabbing every gold coin I could find. When she saw what I was doing, she literally dropped her hand full of figures and darted toward me and started after the gold coins.

With her arms full of McChewies and gold coins, she started asking me if I was buying all of mine. Since I never talked with her, I figured I'd be nice, try to share and actually gave her a gold coin Fett and Chewie as an olive branch. BIG MISTAKE. She then started asking me why I need so many. She was so preoccupied with what I had in my hands that she failed to notice that there were still plenty of gold coins on the pegs. I told her, "there's still plenty there," she said, "no, you have them all." I proceeded to pull an Animated Boba Gold coin off the pegs and handed it to her. She then started pointing to all my Fetts and Chewies and asked if she could have them and said I don't need them all. I told her I need them for trade, she said it was unfair that I had so many and that, get this, she need them for her store. Keep in mind, she has twice as many figures in her arms. She then started to all but cry and threaten to tell management on me. Having gotten all but one Gold Airborne trooper from the pegs, I just left. She got a shopping cart and started dumping figures in it.

I was really pissed. So at check out, I told the cashier that the lady following me is crazy and gave her the cliff notes version. The cashier called the manager and asked me to repeat what happened. The manager told the cashier to call him when she comes to check out. He said she's not walking out of the store with all those toys.

I really wanted to hang out and watch, but felt it'd be bad form. In the end I only walked away with two Fett's, three chewies and five Troopers, so I was really mad that I gave up two Fetts and a Chewie to her. Lessoned learned.

And BTW, the Fett's and Chewies are already spoken for. Sorry guys.
that would make me wanna just punch her in the face
I suck.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: August 27, 2007, 01:50 PM »
Got my TIE Interceptor today, but the box is pretty banged up.  Sort of a hollow victory.   ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: August 27, 2007, 07:50 PM »
Picked up a Legends Boba Fett and a Mara/Luke Comic Pack.
I remember my dream now.

Offline CaptainYoda

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: August 28, 2007, 01:27 PM »
I picked up the Leia/Vader comic pack. It was the only one of the comic packs on the shelves at Target.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #746 on: August 28, 2007, 03:16 PM »
I bit the bullet and got the y-wing even though i only wanted the figures.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline brian_peppers

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: August 28, 2007, 05:30 PM »
got the a'sharad hett and dark woman comic pack and i lost the hand to the dark woman ::) :P :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-* :'(
I suck.

Offline bikerscout1

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have you now Paploo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: August 28, 2007, 06:09 PM »
got the a'sharad hett and dark woman comic pack and i lost the hand to the dark woman ::) :P :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-* :'(

very skywalker-esque
Are you threatening me master jedi?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: August 29, 2007, 09:08 AM »
Picked up two Interceptors yesterday.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."