Author Topic: Recent 30AC Purchases  (Read 355828 times)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Re: Recent 30AC Purchases
« Reply #900 on: October 3, 2007, 08:27 PM »
Got a loose Yoda/Kybuck and Clone Wars Anakin in the mail today.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: October 3, 2007, 09:08 PM »
I recieved my Wave 6 today from BBTS  ;D

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #902 on: October 4, 2007, 02:28 AM »
The flood of new stuff in the past week or two has left me feeling more overwhelmed than probably any time in the past 12 years of modern collecting (including the Midnight Madness parties).  Finding the rest of Wave 4 (McVader & CZ), all of Wave 5, all of Wave 6, eight more UGHs (already had the first three), and the last several new assortments (full of variants) of the Legends line has burned a complete and total hole in my wallet.  With "needing" both carded and loose specimens, along with army builders, I'm pretty sure I've dropped over a grand on this **** in the last 10 days (I dare not add all the receipts up to verify that though).  Hasbro really needs to slow their product down a bit here, and soon, or they're going to seriously burn a lot of folks out real quick at this crazy pace.  Good lord.  :-\

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: October 4, 2007, 09:05 AM »
I picked up up two sets of wave 6 yesterday at WM.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: October 4, 2007, 10:36 AM »
The flood of new stuff in the past week or two has left me feeling more overwhelmed than probably any time in the past 12 years of modern collecting (including the Midnight Madness parties).  Finding the rest of Wave 4 (McVader & CZ), all of Wave 5, all of Wave 6, eight more UGHs (already had the first three), and the last several new assortments (full of variants) of the Legends line has burned a complete and total hole in my wallet.  With "needing" both carded and loose specimens, along with army builders, I'm pretty sure I've dropped over a grand on this **** in the last 10 days (I dare not add all the receipts up to verify that though).  Hasbro really needs to slow their product down a bit here, and soon, or they're going to seriously burn a lot of folks out real quick at this crazy pace.  Good lord.  :-\

I know how you feel, man, with the notable exception of not being either a carded collector or completist. There's so goddamn much stuff at one time it's just unbelievable. All this "Legends" stuff being dumped on us and the breaks between waves suddenly being all but gone... I'm still working on Wave 4 when I hear Hermi's out, so I scaramble get that big guy. Been waiting for him of course. Now ******* W6 is out?! Jesus.

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: October 4, 2007, 11:57 AM »
Now just watch, there won't be anything on the shelves around Christmas and it'll be a sellers market on ebay. Watch this be the year to see the most ridiculous price on a current star wars figure in years on the bay.
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: October 4, 2007, 12:59 PM »
Hey all
         Chris from NJ here,  Just got back from a Lunchtime toy run,  Found Wave 6 at the local wallmart they had tons  I counted atl east 12 Mc Snowtroopers  I left 10 for my fellow  collectors.  I also found CZ-3 and Ann Boba plus some others from waves 4 & 5    Expensive day for me.
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: October 4, 2007, 05:05 PM »

Well, to be fair, there was at least a 2 month gap between Wave 3 release and Wave 4, so if you figure that you saved up over the last month or two, the cost this month doesn't seem so terrible.  And unless you are building some massive armies, you probably didn't spend a grand on all of these.  At an average price of $7, that would be like 140+ figures or about 12 cases.  If you buy two of everything, you're probably out maybe half that, which is still a good chunk of change.   ;)

Anyway, I got my HTS order of 2 pit droids, 2 imp commanders, and a yellow SA Clone today.  They were in an undamaged box, but just loosely packed inside, so they got a little dinged, but not bad for about $5 per figure.  Note on the pit droids - I got the white version even though it said brown online.   ::)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #908 on: October 4, 2007, 05:10 PM »
Note on the pit droids - I got the white version even though it said brown online.   ::)

Did it "say" brown or "show" brown?  ;) Since those figs share the same UPC it's a crap shoot as to which version you'd get.

Same-same for the Clone Trooper Officer figs.
« Last Edit: October 4, 2007, 05:11 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: October 4, 2007, 05:46 PM »
Picked up the C-3P0/Salacious Crumb figure today.
I remember my dream now.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #910 on: October 4, 2007, 06:02 PM »
And unless you are building some massive armies, you probably didn't spend a grand on all of these.  At an average price of $7, that would be like 140+ figures or about 12 cases.  If you buy two of everything, you're probably out maybe half that, which is still a good chunk of change.   ;)

Actually, it's definitely over a grand.  Maybe you didn't read all of my prior post(s), but I collect a minimum of three of each figure (carded, loose, diorama/custom fodder), and about double that (if not a little more) on army builders.  So 3 - 6 of each figure, at $7.18 ea, for waves 4 (just Vader & CZ), 5, 6, eight UGHs, 2 Legends waves (including variants) = $1,000+.  Sorry, I'm an auditor, and I'm pretty good at math.  ;)

This week (9/28 - 10/3):

16 TAC figures
11 Legends figures (so far)
-------------------
27 new basic figures
x3 (minimum) each
-------------------
81 basic figures

8 UGH figures (still need 1 more)
x2 each (don't need extras of these)
--------------
16 UGH figures

That's 97 figures so far, not including any extras for army building, which already puts me at $696.46.

I count all 11 of the Legends figures as "army builders", plus CZ, General McQuarrie, and the Concept Snowtrooper, so that's 14 figures that I'd want additional extras of.  So an average of 3 each for those additional 14 figures, at $7.18 each = another $301.56.  That's cranks my total up to $998.02 now, then we add the several more figures that I wanted more than 6 of, and a few other HTF figure pickups for some buddies (which technically don't count towards my personal net total), puts me over $1,000, easy.

See, now aren't you glad you disputed my calculations?  Never question an auditor with OCD.  :P

(and yes, I buy way too much of this ****)  ::)

« Last Edit: October 4, 2007, 06:23 PM by JediMAC »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: October 4, 2007, 09:32 PM »
I was actually just trying to make you feel better and assumed you only bought two or so of each figure based on your earlier post.   ::)  Congrats on making yourself feel bad.  ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #912 on: October 4, 2007, 10:17 PM »
Congrats on making yourself feel bad.  ;)

Thank you.  I try.  :P

I wish you hadn't made me actually verify things though.  I felt better not specifically knowing.  But I felt bad long before I saw your post...  Somewhere between the second (fourth) wave of Legends and Wave 6 of TAC, probably.  :-X
« Last Edit: October 4, 2007, 10:20 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #913 on: October 5, 2007, 12:15 AM »
I should show your post to my wife...then I don't think I'd get any grief for the 1 each MaQuarrie figure and the ships I've bought, plus the pilots for said ships, and the Sideshow figures I've purchased.   :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: October 5, 2007, 09:11 AM »
I was able to score another McSnowtrooper yesterday.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."