Author Topic: Recent 30AC Purchases  (Read 356033 times)

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
Re: Recent 30AC Purchases
« Reply #915 on: October 5, 2007, 09:35 AM »

This week (9/28 - 10/3):

16 TAC figures
11 Legends figures (so far)
-------------------
27 new basic figures
x3 (minimum) each
-------------------
81 basic figures

8 UGH figures (still need 1 more)
x2 each (don't need extras of these)
--------------
16 UGH figures

That's 97 figures so far, not including any extras for army building, which already puts me at $696.46.

I count all 11 of the Legends figures as "army builders", plus CZ, General McQuarrie, and the Concept Snowtrooper, so that's 14 figures that I'd want additional extras of.  So an average of 3 each for those additional 14 figures, at $7.18 each = another $301.56.  That's cranks my total up to $998.02 now, then we add the several more figures that I wanted more than 6 of, and a few other HTF figure pickups for some buddies (which technically don't count towards my personal net total), puts me over $1,000, easy.

See, now aren't you glad you disputed my calculations?  Never question an auditor with OCD.  :P

(and yes, I buy way too much of this ****)  ::)

Damn Matt, and here I thought the last two days for me were a big hit to the wallet. You definitely took the cake there. 

For me the last two days have seen the most figures come in one fell swoop since ROTS..

Wednesday I got my 2 cases of Wave 4 from SWShop.com - 24 figures in all, some of which are being used in trades, so in the end I'll have retained only 16 of the figures.

Thursday I had a huge run at Wal-Mart, which in my area is a heart-attack inducing surprise. I was able to score...

Wave 6 (sans McQuarrie Snowtrooper) - Han, Lando, 4-LOM, Gen. McQuarrie
UGH - Vader and Biggs
Wave 4 - McVader and Luke
Wave 5 - Yoda w/ Kybuck
Legends - Darktrooper (2), Pit Droids (3), Biker Scout (2), Imperial Officer, Blue Clone Officer

Again some of those figures were for trading, so of the 18 I got yesterday, I'll be retaining 11. But at the end of the two days that was over $300 worth of figures, which to me was a big wow, but then Matt did his math up there.  ;D
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #916 on: October 5, 2007, 11:09 AM »
Finally found stuff at retail: Yellow EP2 Trooper, White Pit Droids and Orange Paldren Sandtrooper.

Wave 5 & ^ case enroute via NFC. Mon or Tues will be a great day for me.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: October 5, 2007, 02:51 PM »
Picked up Darth Malik and Raven Dark Trooper, Pre-Cyborg GG ( awesome figure best next to Hermi) and a pari of Starkillers from both Khols and Wal-Fart. I stopped by that store with the big Red Cirlce ( I think it stands for ZERO) Nothing...SURPRISE!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: October 5, 2007, 04:40 PM »
Received an order from HTS today with another Yoda w/Kybuck, and a Saga Legends Imperial Officer and Sandtrooper (Orange Pauldron).

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: October 6, 2007, 01:48 AM »
Scored a nice little jackpot today at the Wal-Mart in Las Cruces.  I bought 4-LOM, CZ-4, McVader, & two McSnowtroopers. 
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #920 on: October 6, 2007, 02:06 AM »
I hit a similar motherload to Force guy tonight...

I walked in, got all of wave 6 except (because I'm an ******* and simply walked away without him) Smuggler Lando.  Cool figure, but I doubt he's a tough find for long.  I got two Snowtroopers so I'm good there unless I get some extras...  They had a ton, but man I dropped $120 on just basic figures.  That pretty much shot the **** out of the old figure budget right there.  ::)

Besides wave 6, which was uber abundant, I picked up wave 4 and 5 figures i didn't get yet including both McQuarrie figures (Starkiller/Vader), Animated Fett, and CZ-3.  They had tons of EU figures...  Not quite as many Jabba's figures/Cantina figures, but still triples of each I'd say. 

They also had repacked McQuarrie Fett's, Chewbacca's, and I think McTroopers too...  I forget though.

Anyway, I haven't had a toy haul this nice since probably the 1990's...  Seriously, I find stuff here and there, sometimes a wave but rarely in abundance to get doubles and such till they're all "common".  This stuff though, there was just a friggin' ton on the pegs and in an aisle island display as well.  I had a figure erection.

I have to say too, these are some of the nicest figures since...  Well, since 2007 began because this year's been filled with some of the highest quality figures ever.  I'm not one to usually gush on Hasbro's efforts but stuff like the McSnowtrooper and 4-LOM just make your year I think.  Maybe I'm getting easier in my old age, I dunno.

OH!  And I also got Pit Droids (cream w/grey markings) and a blue Clone Lt. as well.  No Clean Sandtroopers in sight though... 

I'm gonna go play with pose my haul now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: October 6, 2007, 07:50 AM »
Im so happy I'm not a sucker for all that  saga legends. Yes I bought "some" but for the most part it was because I wanted the "coins" if not for the coins I would have NO problem passing it all up.  I bought the Sandtrooper,Biker Scout,Dark Trooper,Imperial officer, destroyer droid.  So I have all of the SL coins now.  ;D Now I just hope we get a little BREAk before wave 7 hits.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: October 6, 2007, 08:45 AM »
Holy ****.

Wave 3 was about the only thing out for a few months, then this morning I went to Walmart and BAM, 2 endcaps full of Saga Legends, Waves 4,5,6  Somehow, I left with only 16 figures.  But I made sure to get the McQuarries and all of the figures that are tougher to find.  Once I hit $100 I started feeling real guilty and stopped putting **** in my cart.

Hermi Odle, McSnowie, Yoda with the buck, PreCyborg Grievous, and Roron Corrob are my favs.

That is the kind of find where it would be impossible to buy that stuff with your wife or girlfriend in tow.

Check your Walmarts for those endcaps.
« Last Edit: October 6, 2007, 08:47 AM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: October 6, 2007, 09:26 AM »
Holy ****.

Wave 3 was about the only thing out for a few months, then this morning I went to Walmart and BAM, 2 endcaps full of Saga Legends, Waves 4,5,6  Somehow, I left with only 16 figures.  But I made sure to get the McQuarries and all of the figures that are tougher to find.  Once I hit $100 I started feeling real guilty and stopped putting **** in my cart.

Hermi Odle, McSnowie, Yoda with the buck, PreCyborg Grievous, and Roron Corrob are my favs.

That is the kind of find where it would be impossible to buy that stuff with your wife or girlfriend in tow.

Check your Walmarts for those endcaps.
Where are u from Dressler? they have had that stuff in socal for the past month. Guess we were lucky! only figure I need now is McSnowie! :o

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: October 6, 2007, 11:33 AM »
I had a figure erection.

I'm not one to usually gush on Hasbro's efforts but stuff like the McSnowtrooper and 4-LOM just make your year I think.  Maybe I'm getting easier in my old age, I dunno.

I'm gonna go play with pose my haul now.

:P Can we expect some reviews soon?  I mean, after you take care of the erection?  :-* :-* LOL
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #925 on: October 6, 2007, 11:39 AM »
I found an animated Fett yesterday....still looking for McVader, McStarkiller, Malak and Revan.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: October 6, 2007, 03:00 PM »
Picked up UGH Han/Luke/Trooper today.  3/4 done with UGH, then I can move on to waves 5 & 6/
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: October 6, 2007, 03:04 PM »
Finally!

I went to the flea market today and found Miiyoom (my first Wave 4 find) and an UGH Holiday Fett, both were at a very decent price!

Holiday Fett is really the only UGH variant I really wanted badly so now that I've found it I'd be fine if I never found any of the other UGHs.

Miiyoom is a terrific figure, now I need Elis who I think looks even better. If I can find CZ-4 and McVader I could probably be done with that wave.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: October 6, 2007, 08:45 PM »
one more stormie. I could have gone all out but i decided to control myself. there was atleast 6-7 boxes of wave 3 out. SO many Mcchewies :o 2 pegs full of him and THEN another.."endcap" kinda deal with several more.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: October 7, 2007, 08:37 AM »
Picked up the SL Clone Commander, Rancor Pit Luke, Hett/Darkwoman Comic Pack this morning at WM, and the UGH Han and UGH Luke thanks to another collector (Thanks again Justin!).
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!