Author Topic: Recent 30AC Purchases  (Read 355845 times)

Offline AndyG

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Outpost
Re: Recent 30AC Purchases
« Reply #315 on: April 30, 2007, 04:36 PM »
Finally.......Wave 2 is hitting the UK - picked up a Han, Luke and Rebel Honor Guard today.

Quite a gap between Wave 1 and Wave 2....

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 30, 2007, 08:06 PM »
Finally.......Wave 2 is hitting the UK - picked up a Han, Luke and Rebel Honor Guard today.

Quite a gap between Wave 1 and Wave 2....

well thats good news. should be hitting Canada soon then too.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 1, 2007, 09:23 AM »
I picked up another Hail Fire Droid. Figured it would be nice to have the color variant for variety.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 1, 2007, 10:37 PM »
fnally showing up in canada.. time for the hunt.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 2, 2007, 05:16 PM »
Score 1 V-Wing.  There were 2 V's, 2 of Maul's ride, & 2 W. TIE's.  Got to get another one of these V's they kick a$$.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 2, 2007, 07:20 PM »
Since I last posted, I have gotten Obi Wan and Candy Corn Trooper 2-Pack. Its really growing on me. I'll never open it, but I like it.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 2, 2007, 09:02 PM »
Yesterday I scored the Titanium Ultra Clone Wars Gunship and Anakin's Jedi Interceptor.  It's too bad this line is going away because Hasbro really did a nice job with some of the later pieces.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 2, 2007, 10:07 PM »
one more marine AND spiderman 3 Venom figure (i know its not star wars) the venom was pretty cool being only $5Cdn and its head can fit on star wars figures :P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #323 on: May 3, 2007, 01:37 AM »
Got a V-Wing Fighter today...  I must say it's among Hasbro's best work on any ship ever.  Fantastic action feature that works flawlessly, PAINT details (thank god, no stickers), properly scaled, functional landing gear...  Lots of love here, though no pilot for it bites, but a minor bite at $20 for a nice new ship.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #324 on: May 3, 2007, 01:44 AM »
Got a V-Wing Fighter today...  I must say it's among Hasbro's best work on any ship ever.  Fantastic action feature that works flawlessly, PAINT details (thank god, no stickers), properly scaled, functional landing gear...  Lots of love here, though no pilot for it bites, but a minor bite at $20 for a nice new ship.

I've got to agree with you Jesse. I found my first today too. I may even get an additional one sometime after C-IV. This may very well be the best ship to ever come out of Pawtucket. It looks great flanking Vader's JSF.
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #325 on: May 3, 2007, 02:32 AM »
I'm pondering 3 or 4 of these actually, should the availability be there.  I saw two and left one there...

Still, painted details?  Hasbro, you surprise me!  The weathering may be the best ever, or at the very least since the A-Wing which is probably their best, most accurate film-work up till now in terms of paintjobs.  Both A-Wings are nice but the original is a jim dandy.

This V-Wing is right up there with it though, they did a great job.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 3, 2007, 01:34 PM »
I know this is a purchease thread but when you see the V-wing next to the TIE Fighter doesn't the Empire seem like they downgraded over time.  The V is so much cooler looking then the TIE.  My only complaint about the V is the size of the Astromech's head, it's a little small.
« Last Edit: May 3, 2007, 01:35 PM by jedipurge »
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #327 on: May 3, 2007, 02:55 PM »
I was looking over scale on the ship...  Personally I'm saying it's to-scale but the few refs I've found (which I think are not accurate and are #'s being made up in someone's head without any investigation/estimation) put it undersized.

Anyway, what I have found is that the astromech in the back is a Q7 model Astro...  I'm not making this up.  It's a sphere.  My guess is it's essentially a "Torture Droid" astromech.  A hovering R2 head, and I think it is supposed to be smaller...  It's nto supposed to be a "full" droid like R2 though.

On the issue of scale, I'm saying the ship is to-scale...  Being a CGI model there's no good reference to go with and the length I've read is to me clearly inaccurate just by eyeballing the ship, the cockpit, etc., from the film and still images of the CGI model.  "scale" being off in books isn't uncommon for SW though.  Almost every source still lists the Executor at 12km long, and AT-AT's at 15m tall.  Both, very VERY off.  And those have friggin' physical models to go by...  CGI ships like this are even tougher.  So I say it's right, kudos to Hasbro for using physical images to base their design on though, and not trusting books.

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 3, 2007, 07:00 PM »
Picked up a set of the new comic packs at TRU thanks to MetalJedi.  ;D Thanks again, Robb!
« Last Edit: May 3, 2007, 07:02 PM by Bobafett77 »

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 4, 2007, 08:09 AM »
I FINALLY found a a pair of TAC Death Star Troopers and a Yavin Guard at Walmart.   However, the packaging on all 3 was piss poor.   Good thing I'm an opener.  The Guard was in the "best" shape with only a few bends/creases.   The first DST's card was bent on all 4 corners with the bubble totally squashed (the figure's fine though!).   The other DST looked like the great hand of fate picked it up and then crushed it in it's hand.   The bubble was open, the card was crushed like the trash compactor but surprisingly, the figure was intact and the coin still in place.   Since I hadn't seen either of these yet, I picked em up.   Walmart customer service wouldn't give me a discount though....

Oboewan
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"