Author Topic: OT: ToyTraderz.com "pre-grand opening" & contest  (Read 1652 times)

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
OT: ToyTraderz.com "pre-grand opening" & contest
« on: October 23, 2006, 11:18 AM »
Hey everyone.  I just wanted to tell everyone about a site that I’ve been working on along with a couple of fellow collectors.  The site is called ToyTraderz and can be found at http://www.toytraderz.com.  It’s going to be a community-driven site and will eventually house a ton of information and images.  Some of the features include.

Toy Database – This thing is going to be huge.  It’s still in the process of being populated, and when all is said and done will probably have records for close to 15,000 items.

Marketplace – Rather than having sales and buy posts on the forums, we have a section of the site dedicated to this.  You can take bids on items, add images right to the post, and there’s even a feedback section where you can rate people you deal with.

Collector Gallery – Your own hosting for collection images.  Another really killer feature.

Forums & Chat – Both pretty self-explanatory.  :)  We have forums dedicated to some of the more obscure stuff, and we’ll be shaping them over the coming months.

Reviews & Articles – Members can easily submit either to us.  There’s only one up at the moment, but it’s worth the read if you like Alien junk.  ;)

We’ll also be keeping up on current news and convention information.  There will be a los of good stuff for fans of both vintage and modern figure and figure-related items.  As of now the site should still be considered a work-in-progress or in “beta” mode, but we wanted to let everyone know about it and get some people involved.  We hope to have a true Grand Opening some time around the first of the year.

To commemorate our pre-grand opening we’re running a nifty little contest as well, the details of which I’ll keep on the site for now.  On behalf of the staff I hope you’ll all come by and join!  It’s still in progress but we think it’s going to be a really nice resource for collectors and the potential for the community is tremendous.

Thanks for looking!

John

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
Re: OT: ToyTraderz.com "pre-grand opening" & contest
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 01:42 PM »
I just registered, can't wait to check this out! Thanks!!!