Author Topic: New JD Review: Mars Guo & Dud Bolt 2-Pack  (Read 3564 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
New JD Review: Mars Guo & Dud Bolt 2-Pack
« on: February 15, 2007, 01:52 AM »

Clicky Button, Read Review.

The reviews are back this week with a new look at the last of the Naboo portion of the End-Boo wave of figures.  Gragra was a home run, the Naboo Soldier was a 50/50 mix in terms of quality, so how will the figures for Mars Guo and Dud Bolt stack up in the figure world?

There's different ways to look at these figures since this isn't a single figure review really...  One you have to keep in mind you're getting 2 figures, not 1, so right there you've got added value.  The tiny figures you really do deserve 2.  Hasbro gives us what we demand this time unlike with Chief Chirpa and his sparse package.

The figure's are fantastic sculpts, and the paint applications are nothing short of vibrant and eye-catching.  The figures really stand out on the pegs, and there is some appeal to kids for getting 2 instead of 1 as well.  Their accessories are above par I think with random Durge blasters given despite needing a blaster piece for either character.  What really rocks are the headgear/goggles for the characters.  In particular Dud Bolt's leather flying cap is incredible.

Poseability is limited due to the character's limited size...  There's still some decent articulation in there too like wrists on Dud bolt.  They're not horrible and really that's the only major area I think there could be improvements.

I'm not a huge Pod racer fan but given the quality on these and some of the past racers, I'm pleased.  Pick a set up if you can still find them.  They kind of came and went fast (the entire End-Boo wave did around here except Rep Been, the Vader figure, Palpatine, and the Naboo guy for a shorter time).

Read the full review though by clicking the button above, and share your thoughts.

Hopefully we'll get to other figures from the End-Boo Wave (namely the Endor figures I planned to cover, which aren't many) and that'll be that till the 30th Anniversary Collection.  Wow, it's been a long Saga Reviewing session, haha.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: New JD Review: Mars Guo & Dud Bolt 2-Pack
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 12:25 PM »
 Another great review, I hope to see more soon!

I think these are nice figs, their availabilty is increasing in SJ, i see at least one on the pegs every time i go to target.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 04:23 PM »
You're in luck then if you needed them...  OUt east here, they're gone.  I see them on rare occassion in a 2-pack with say Vader or someone, but not much else.  TRU's are few and far between though so I don't know the availability there, but speaking for my nearby Target and WM stores they're non-existant (same with the couple KM's in my area).

The End-Boo wave in general came and went, except the routine 3 of Been, Palpy, and Vader.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 09:44 AM »
Again, great review. Can't really say much other than spot on. Not great characters to do, but nicely done none-the less.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."