Author Topic: The "Final 22"  (Read 120980 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: The "Final 22"
« Reply #165 on: December 3, 2006, 06:30 PM »
Scums front page had carded photo's of the Walmart 5. Not too exciting IMO.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 3, 2006, 10:32 PM »
Scums front page had carded photo's of the Walmart 5. Not too exciting IMO.

ehh, id love mace's purple droid, and kitik because 1) i missed her first time around and 2) ive got a pet mantis named Kitik (seriously!)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #167 on: December 4, 2006, 05:41 AM »
The first wave of the final 22 started hitting pegs around me this weekend...  just in time for the toy show too.  I don't recall off-hand a single dealer with them though, that's good. :)  Though a local buddy of mine brought what he picked up before the show!  So I left the show Saturday with a Clone Sergeant and a 5th Fleet Security figure...  Could've nabbed the SBD repaint but I had to watch my dough.

The battledroids look good to me...  I know, I know, it's not all your cup of tea to get repaints, but a tigerstripe repaint of battledroids makes sense to me so I'm ok with it...  I won't go ape**** army building them, but I'll nab a little camo squad of them, sure....  So long as the plastic's at least half assed anyway.

The clones are fantastic...  again the paintjobs may be deterring some from purchases but for me the clone repaints rock, and the Sergeant was a happy addition since I could use more of the E2 styled Clones, especially white ones...  Sergeants next though so I like having the chance to pick him up again in some bulk.

Hell it'd just be nice to have more sergeants than Commanders at this point...  Anyone else find that a bit annoying when you've got more Yellow Clones than the grunts and non-coms?  Maybe I'm just too anal about this. :)

Anyway, what I've got so far is good...  I'm quite happy and the Security one's paint is really crisp and has rockin' battle damage.  Maybe some of the best on any Clone really.  It just seems cooler.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 4, 2006, 07:31 PM »
hmm...i just may consider getting a couple fifth fleets in that case.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 5, 2006, 09:49 AM »
After picking up the entire set, I have to say that some of the figures look sharper in person. For example, Kit looks just as good as his CW version. I thought that by the pictures that his paint application was slightly different. Also, for some reason, the Battle Droids don't look as annoying.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 5, 2006, 08:07 PM »
After picking up the entire set, I have to say that some of the figures look sharper in person. For example, Kit looks just as good as his CW version. I thought that by the pictures that his paint application was slightly different. Also, for some reason, the Battle Droids don't look as annoying.

good. it seems im gonna be buying more of the final 22 than i thought.   :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 6, 2006, 05:27 AM »
Also, for some reason, the Battle Droids don't look as annoying.

Thanks Anthony...after picking up wave 7 last night I must say I really like those battle droids Paint jobs.

The DS

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 6, 2006, 09:41 AM »
Also, for some reason, the Battle Droids don't look as annoying.

Thanks Anthony...after picking up wave 7 last night I must say I really like those battle droids Paint jobs.

The DS

It's funny though, I say that and then I opened them. I don't think the sculpt used was the best available. I would have prefered the Saga/ROTS sculpt.

Offline Kill_Solo

• Jedi Initiate
  • You're a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 6, 2006, 01:31 PM »
I purchased the Fifth Fleet Security Clone, 442nd Siege Battalion Clone, Holographic Commander Cody, Clone Sergeant, and R5-J2 at Walmart this morning.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 7, 2006, 10:52 PM »
i am still yet to track any of these down at retail. i want clone sargent and R5 the most at this point. and 442nd siege clone.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #175 on: December 7, 2006, 11:00 PM »
Just got the e-mail notice that my Wave 8 case (#53 - #62) shipped from EE today. 

Merry Christmas to me!   ;D
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 8, 2006, 09:26 AM »
After having a chance to play with the new clone repaint's, I have to say how much of a sucker I am. I kind of like them, but I think it has to do with the fact that they're on the #41 bodies. Anything else and I'd probably having a hissy fit.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 8, 2006, 11:02 PM »
Anyone know the case breakdown?  I saw a ton of these while out of town today but there were no Super or regular Battle Droids.  Picked up a couple of the Security Clones and spotted another half dozen.  Saw no other Clones but a few Kits and Chewies.   

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 8, 2006, 11:59 PM »
 >:( >:( >:(I haven't seen anything of the new waves >:( >:( >:(It seems like our stores fell into a Black hole or something!We keep getting Greatest battles or earlier waves :P
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 9, 2006, 01:33 AM »
Anyone know the case breakdown?  I saw a ton of these while out of town today but there were no Super or regular Battle Droids.  Picked up a couple of the Security Clones and spotted another half dozen.  Saw no other Clones but a few Kits and Chewies.   

This is how the case I scored yesterday broke down:

1 x Darth Maul
1 x Chewbacca
1 x Kit Fisto
1 x Holo Commander Cody
1 x Imperial R5
1 x Clone Trooper Sergeant (AOTC)
1 x Camo Super Battle Droid
1 x Battle Droid 2-pack
2 x 442nd Siege Battalion Clone Troopers
2 x 5th Fleet Security Clone Troopers

Mind you there was one piece missing from the case, and it appears to have been the Clone Trooper Sergeant.
« Last Edit: December 9, 2006, 01:34 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback