Author Topic: The "Final 22"  (Read 120726 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: The "Final 22"
« Reply #210 on: December 18, 2006, 09:12 AM »
I saw my first glimpse of the Final 22 at our local TRU last week.  They weren't with the rest of the Star Wars action figures, instead residing on a small display at the beginning of the action figure aisle.  They had 1 of each from the first part of them (Wave 8 is it?), and I picked up R5-J2, Kit Fisto (missed him during the first release), and a 442nd Clone.  I was tempted to get a couple more, but money is sort of tight right now, and I figured I didn't necessarily need the rest.  I'm looking forward to the rest of these (particularly the astromechs, BARC/Elite Corps Troopers and Appo/501st) showing up, and hopefully we'll have a better chance at finding these since the 30AC seems to be delayed.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 11:31 AM by Brian »

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 18, 2006, 10:55 AM »
A www.yakface.com forum member has pics up of the elite corps trooper. it looks pretty good, and im more encouraged to pick these up now.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 18, 2006, 06:21 PM »
They had 1 of each from the first part of them (Wave 8 is it?), and I picked up R5-J2, Kit Fisto (missed him during the first release), and a 442nd Clone. 

Brian-

When I opened several cases of this first part of 'final 22' the cases were labeled as wave 7(at retailer WM). So, I would guess wave 8 would be the second part of the final 22(minus the WM exclusives). However, though, contradicting that statement is EE catalogue that list the final 22 as waves 8 and 9 :P.

DS

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 19, 2006, 10:08 AM »
They had 1 of each from the first part of them (Wave 8 is it?), and I picked up R5-J2, Kit Fisto (missed him during the first release), and a 442nd Clone. 

Brian-

When I opened several cases of this first part of 'final 22' the cases were labeled as wave 7(at retailer WM). So, I would guess wave 8 would be the second part of the final 22(minus the WM exclusives). However, though, contradicting that statement is EE catalogue that list the final 22 as waves 8 and 9 :P.

DS

Wave 7 is what's on the box for the first part of the final 22. Although i think Hasbro has some explaining to do as to why they labeled wave 3 as wave 2.5 earlier in the year, who's to argue with Hasbro's official designations? (Hmmm, maybe that'll be a good Q&A question.)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 19, 2006, 10:20 AM »
I had a chance to open the three "final 22" figures I picked up, and only one of them has an incorrect stand - Kit Fisto.  He apparently appeared in the Empire Strikes Back :P.  I've heard this is fairly common, has anyone else found this with any of their figures?  The other two I have (R5-J2, 442nd Siege trooper) seem to be just fine.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 10:33 AM by Brian »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #215 on: December 19, 2006, 10:27 AM »
and only one of them has an incorrect stand - Kit Fisto.  He apparently appeared in the Empire Strikes Back :P.  I've heard this is fairly common, has anyone else found this with any of their figures. 

I've heard there are a few figures shipping with an incorrect stand...

#53 Maul has a RotJ stand
#54 Chewbacca has a plain Star Wars stand
#55 Kit has an ESB stand
#60 Ep2 Clone has an ESB stand

not sure if there are others...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 19, 2006, 10:58 AM »
I got an AOTC Clone Sergeant and it's got a TESB base.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline darthmac

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My Diorama Website
« Reply #217 on: December 19, 2006, 05:37 PM »
I found them for the first time this weekend.  They had tons of the EPIII clones.  All I took was the lone R5-J2.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 19, 2006, 05:50 PM »
All I took was the lone R5-J2.

IMO that's the best figure out of this wave.
I remember my dream now.

Offline 212th Battalion

• Jedi Initiate
  • oh crap...
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 19, 2006, 07:59 PM »
haven' t found them in any store near me yet but hopefully soon i will  :'(
Momar and Fester

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 19, 2006, 08:19 PM »
I missed these this morning because a pipe broke in my basement and a wind storm ripped a bunch of shingles off my roof so I was tied up at my house all day with repairs.

By the time I got to Target it was 7 PM and all they had lying around was a Kit Fisto and the green Utapau paint-type app clone trooper, neither of which I wanted.

Damn.

But they've hit, and I'll keep checking back.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 20, 2006, 03:44 PM »
Just found them all this afternoon at WM.  I was very surprised as it appeared there were about 3-4 cases of figures that were put out.  I'm just happy that I got my 1 EPII clone and 2 EPIII clones.  Now I'm just waiting for the next Wave and the 'Battle of WM' wave...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline tonphanan

• Jedi Initiate
  • " Has anyone seen my wits?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 20, 2006, 07:59 PM »
Have yet to see these in my area. Most of the stores are sitting on bare pegs or with Endor 3PO and Jer.
Throw an Ewok at him

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 20, 2006, 09:08 PM »
Have yet to see these in my area. Most of the stores are sitting on bare pegs or with Endor 3PO and Jer.

The crazy thing was, at the Target right down the street, there was only one figure on the pegs (lushros).  Yet at the WM and the TRU, the pegs were full.  Very bizarre...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 21, 2006, 10:01 AM »
I was just thinking last night that getting the final "7" will probably be a bit frustrating due to inventory at the beginning of the year.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."