Author Topic: The "Final 22"  (Read 120714 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: The "Final 22"
« Reply #285 on: January 18, 2007, 04:00 AM »
I read the report you mentioned Metal and they keep implying they're "out there" but yet nobody's found them anywhere but at this store...  a store that could've easily picked them up from an overseas seller where they've already shown up some.  I'm guessing they're NOT out there yet, or at least that's the only way to look at it till something legitimate from mass retail is proven.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 18, 2007, 11:52 AM »
Finally found one of these last night - the droid.

Now if I can just find the other 8 or so before the next bunch show up any day...  ::)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 18, 2007, 09:43 PM »
Finally found one of these last night - the droid.

Now if I can just find the other 8 or so before the next bunch show up any day...  ::)

I wonder what the hell is going on in your area.  If my memory serves correctly, your area used to be pretty nifty.  You must have found 20 Evolutions sets before I even smelled them here.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 19, 2007, 03:08 PM »
It usually is - Evolution sets by the dozen... votc stormtroopers out the wazoo, but for some reason I can't find these at all.

Endor wave is finally clogging up some of the stores - which is better than the greatest battles and junk that was clogging it all up before.

I haven't had any problems completely missing figures yet - odds are they will show up in big numbers at some point here.

And if they don't - 2/3rds of this wave is crap anyway!  8)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #289 on: January 23, 2007, 02:30 AM »
I had a preorder for holo Obi-Wan and Padme from this wave at BBTS, and they're in my Pile of Loot now, waiting to be shipped.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 23, 2007, 10:23 AM »
I find it very odd that Wave 9 has not popped up in California yet.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 23, 2007, 11:00 AM »
Why is that? I find it odd it hasn't popped up in Arizona yet, since I usually see news from there before I see it here.

DS

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 23, 2007, 11:12 AM »
Well, e-tailer http://www.toymaniacs.com already has wave 9.  It seems that between that and the Fry's report that Hasbro might be servicing their smaller accounts first with this wave.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 23, 2007, 12:04 PM »
That Fry's report was never confirmed...
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #294 on: January 23, 2007, 12:15 PM »
Like I said earlier, BBTS was expecting their Wave 9 last week.  Not only did they get their cases, but a few of the figures have been listed as IN STOCK for a few days now.

Add in what Nick said about ToyManiacs and it sure looks like the little guys are getting their fill of these now.

Perhaps the big store's goods are just stuck in the distribution centers until inventories are over?

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 23, 2007, 12:17 PM »
Well, e-tailer http://www.toymaniacs.com already has wave 9.  It seems that between that and the Fry's report that Hasbro might be servicing their smaller accounts first with this wave.

Since cases are numbered wave 7 included the first of final 22 then isn't wave 8 the next figures and wave 9 the WM exclusives? So, toymaniacs got WM exclusives in? Why do the etailers and retailers get different wave numbers on their cases anyway--I've noticed this with basic figure and titanium ship cases..the numbers are vastly different from etailers boxes from retailers boxes. :-\

DS

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #296 on: January 23, 2007, 12:50 PM »
Why do the etailers and retailers get different wave numbers on their cases anyway--I've noticed this with basic figure and titanium ship cases..the numbers are vastly different from etailers boxes from retailers boxes. :-\

Because the majority of the etailers call the Waves by the order they were released:

Wave 1 - Carkoon
Wave 2 - Hoth
Wave 3 - Geonosis
Wave 4 - Coruscant
Wave 5 - Tatooine
Wave 6 - Endor/Jedi
Wave 7 - Endor/Naboo/Tatooine
Wave 8 - Final 22, #53-62
Wave 9 - Final 22, #63-69
Wave 10 - Wal-Mart Exclusives #70-74

For some reason, Hasbro called the Geonosis wave Wave 2.5 on the boxes they sent to the retailers.  That screwed up the numbering making the case numbers off by 1...

Wave 1 - Carkoon
Wave 2 - Hoth
Wave 2.5 - Geonosis
Wave 3 - Coruscant
Wave 4 - Tatooine
Wave 5 - Endor/Jedi
Wave 6 - Endor/Naboo/Tatooine
Wave 7 - Final 22, #53-62
Wave 8 - Final 22, #63-69
Wave 9 - Wal-Mart Exclusives #70-74

It all comes down to Hasbro doing whatever it wants on the case numbers and the etailers just trying to find a way to help the average joe out by using a set of numbers that is easier to follow.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 23, 2007, 01:53 PM »
Our Wal Mart just stuck all the figures they had on clearance and are not planning to restock. The newest figures they had were the newer Vader (the ROTJ emperor's wrath rework- I forget the name), Moff JerJerrod, C3PO ,and some Heroes and Villains/greatest battles/whatevers.

I wanted that Endor Luke, darn it...

Of course, our Wal Mart also kinda sucks as far as stocking anything correctly goes (said an employee). I need to look out of town soon...
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 01:54 PM by Mitsukara »

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 23, 2007, 07:49 PM »
Mitsukara- try scanning the Endor wave figures, because at my store they're ringing up at $2 each even though they're mixed in with H&V and GB which ring up at $5 and change...
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline tonphanan

• Jedi Initiate
  • " Has anyone seen my wits?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 23, 2007, 10:41 PM »
Haven't seen any of 22 in my area. The newest thing we have are the Value Packs. Most store shelves are still empty even with resets. Checking WM everyday for clearance Tins, but no change so far. The only figure I really want of the 22 is Appo anyway, I'll have to wait and see on the others. Are repaints really worth the $$$.
Throw an Ewok at him