Author Topic: The "Final 22"  (Read 121599 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: The "Final 22"
« Reply #315 on: January 27, 2007, 07:02 PM »
Scored holo Obi-Wan and a Clone Trooper - Combat Engineer at a comic shop today.  Those were the only figures from that wave that I saw, but they were definitely a surprise.

Also, an interesting note on the Clone Trooper - Combat Engineer.  The sculpt on this trooper is identical to the Evolutions ROTS Clone Trooper.  The chief difference however is that the Evolutions Clone has a utility belt with attached kama and holsters, while the Combat Engineer Clone has only the utility belt.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 11:50 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 28, 2007, 03:12 AM »
I picked up the rest of these last night.

Some interesting things I noted...

I don't know if was prior mentioned but Yareel poof has the cool McQuarrie lightsaber, however, on the back of his card it shows a regular lightsaber :-\.

The Kashyk trooper comes with the lower leg mounted little gun and the mid-sized gun, but the pic on the back of the card shows him holding the rifle :-\?!

Aurra sings' antenna(sensor) is not there but they talk about it on the back of the card ::).

The Wm exlusives came in 2 different style cases(see WM thread for more).

DS

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 28, 2007, 03:19 AM »
I just realized Aurra has a really cool cloth 'scarf', nice touch there! ;D

DS

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #318 on: January 28, 2007, 03:32 AM »
I posted you got a set there Jon, thanks for the head's up.  IT lets the rest of us know to be on the hunt considering the ****** ratio.  >:(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 28, 2007, 03:48 AM »
Thanks Jesse--

Oops I forgot to mention...

while the store clerk let me get what I needed out of the long style case, he told me they're not supposed to set up the long cases on end cap until February. I'm not sure if this was WM-wide or local store policy or if applies to the smaller regular-sized( hat also had exclusives) at the other WM either.

DS

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 28, 2007, 11:33 AM »
I just realized Aurra has a really cool cloth 'scarf', nice touch there! ;D

DS

Yeah, that makes me tempted to pick up an opener, but I keep hearing the word "sucker" echoing in my head when I think about it. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 28, 2007, 12:10 PM »
cool! theyre out!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 28, 2007, 12:39 PM »
Indeed they are.  At least this is, and so is this.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 28, 2007, 03:48 PM »
that jawa photo of Obi doesn't do it justice...the ones I saw (including my purchased one) have a really dark near-purple midnite blue hologram color.
If we're going to be beat over the heads by hasbro with holo's at least they varied the color a bit.

DS
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 11:17 AM by Darth Slothus »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 29, 2007, 09:34 AM »
After having the Kashyyk clone in hand, I'm still not convinced that I shouldn't use him as special teams for my Imperial Army. Interesting wave though. Can't wait to get an opener Vader Droid.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 29, 2007, 06:12 PM »
No sign of these at the big retailers around here (and there probably won't be given the Grand Army of the Jerjerrod at Wal-Mart), but a co-worker picked me up a Combat Engineer Clone Trooper at a local comic shop over the weekend.  She said they had ordered one case (they only ever get one case of SW figures, out of a fear of getting stuck with gobs of pegwarmers) and that someone had taken the Appo out and left the rest. 

Now, if TRU would get as many of this wave as they got of the Wave 8 stuff, I wouldn't be nearly as worried about finishing off what I want as I am right now, given Target and WM's relative lack of new stuff (Target just got another case of Wave 6 this morning).   ::)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #326 on: January 29, 2007, 08:41 PM »
I never saw all of Wave 8 actually...  Wave 9's not even been seen at all around Pittsburgh to the best of my knowledge, and the WM exclusives...  hah, I'm not even thinking about those at this point.  It's pathetic around here, and not like we have tons of pegwarmers either.  We seemingly got spared the glut of repacks you other guys got...  We've got pegwarmers but loads of space for new figures too.

This sorta sucks butt.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 31, 2007, 08:12 PM »
Yeah...Pittsburgh is pretty much the suck right now. I ended up going online for the two figs from Wave 8 that I wanted, and I haven't even been out on a toy row for over a week. It's just not worth it, because I know I won't find anything...
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 31, 2007, 08:18 PM »
Had my first figure purchase in honestly I don't remember how long today. After scoring at several Wal-Marts and Targets, I'm down to needing only six more figures to complete my Saga Collection.

53 Sith Training Maul
59 Clone Trooper 5th Fleet Security
62 Battle Droids
64 Commander Appo
65 Elite Corps Clone Trooper
68 Combat Engineer Clone Trooper

I have a hunch most of these are gonna be a pain for me to track down.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 31, 2007, 08:40 PM »
I picked up the three Cantina Aliens, Aurra Sing, and a Combat Engineer tonight at Wal Mart. They had no Mace Windu Astro Droid, or any other Wave 9 figures. Hopefully I'll find them soon.