Author Topic: The "Final 22"  (Read 121341 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: The "Final 22"
« Reply #345 on: February 2, 2007, 02:11 AM »
Had a pretty decent score tonight. 

2 x Kitik Keed'kak
2 x Aurra Sing
2 x Nabrun Leids & Kabe
1 x Labria
1 x R4-M6
1 x Padme
1 x Yarael Poof
1 x Holo Obi-Wan
2 x R4-K5
2 x Commander Appo
2 x Elite Corps Clone
3 x Combat Engineer Clone Trooper

Looking forward to the morning when I'm a little more awake and I can open some of these.  I picked up a couple of extra things to help out some friends, but I really hope that the army builders don't go crazy on the Commander Appo's.  There's just no need, especially when there's a regular SA 501st Clone on the way in the SAGA Legends line.  Anyway, what are people going to do with all of those extra pauldrons?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 2, 2007, 06:39 AM »
Anyway, what are people going to do with all of those extra pauldrons?

Customs.  ;D
I remember my dream now.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 2, 2007, 08:34 AM »
Scored 2 Commander Appos and 2 Elite Corps Clones this morning at Walmart, the ones I was definitely going to buy, also picked up Yarael Poof, Holo Obi Wan, and 2 Clone Engineers.

Passed on Padme, the likeness is terrible.  Didn't want Anakin's droid either.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 2, 2007, 09:39 AM »

but I really hope that the army builders don't go crazy on the Commander Appo's.  There's just no need, especially when there's a regular SA 501st Clone on the way in the SAGA Legends line. 

I decided I'm not going to go for the Appo sans Paldrun Squad and wait for the Legends one. I'll pick 2 or three Appo's for Squad leaders though. I have to admit that that decision is due solely to the inaccuracy of the blue stripe on the chest plate.

Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 2, 2007, 04:35 PM »
Got the ones I was looking for today.  Or I should say that my relative in Texas found these today at their local WM and are shipping them to me tomorrow.  Can't wait to get them!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 2, 2007, 11:10 PM »
i hope i find em soon.  :'(
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #351 on: February 3, 2007, 02:11 AM »
Caught the remix case assortments at WM tonight...  I decided for the first time ever actually to crack open cases myself.  I felt dirty. :(

Still it was a rush taking a case and sneaking off to an aisle to open it since I know that's something the WM stock guys sometimes hound you about...  I got the 3 new clone types, and my gf's son got the Kashyyyk Trooper too...  Opened two cases and took all the clones from both.

I forgot to check (duh me) but were Obi holograph and Padme even in those?  I am thinking not, but I didn't even check.  They had a good 6 more cases of this same assortment sitting there but I didn't push my luck and moved on.  Also had a good dozen of the pre-packaged display assortment as well...

At a WM closer to me that we'd hit earlier this past evening my gf's son got a Nabrun Leids/Kabe 2-pack and Camo SBD.  At that store I asked the guy nearby stocking shelves if he'd let us open them up and he was a very cool guy...  Dave was his name.  Sometimes you luck out, sometimes you don't, and tonight was a very nice customer service moment for me and I apologized for bugging him while he worked...  Really cool guy though and he offered to open the other dozen or so cases of the pre-packaged display assortments, but knowing what was in them I told him that was ok and thanked him profusely as we went on our merry way.

Made the kid happy, made me happy to not get a BS line too...  Good times.  I left a WM content twice this evening. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 3, 2007, 08:56 AM »
Caught the remix case assortments at WM tonight...  I decided for the first time ever actually to crack open cases myself.  I felt dirty. :(

I forgot to check (duh me) but were Obi holograph and Padme even in those? 

Made the kid happy, made me happy to not get a BS line too...  Good times.  I left a WM content twice this evening. :)

Another Wal*Mart success story! The case I saw did not have holo obi or Padme, just lots of clones of all types, plus 2 yodas, jedi luke, and an obi wan.

And speaking of feeling dirty... I was determined not to spend a bunch on re-paints this year, and here I am looking at a pile of them and a hole in my wallet where the money used to be. Must....find.....willpower....someday!

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 3, 2007, 09:42 AM »

Still it was a rush taking a case and sneaking off to an aisle to open it

LOL

Nice visual.  I pictured a kid conducting a lightning strike on a cookie jar.

:)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #354 on: February 3, 2007, 11:28 PM »
It felt like that, complete with mental moral dilemma as I looked at the case, looked at the front of the store...  looked at the cases, looked around, looked back at the store exit...  looked back at the cases...  picked one up and ran off.

I shouldn't care, I'm 29 years old, I don't have a criminal record, I have a decent track record with the opposite sex, I can still get out of bed and fit out my front door daily...  Why is picking up a box of toys and opening it to see what's inside such a weird thing?  I got my figures though and played with them at home last night.  I don't feel too bad after that.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 3, 2007, 11:30 PM »
I don't see what the big deal is either.  Would they rather us leave the merchandise on the floor and not buy it?  It's supposed to be sold, and we're giving them the money for it.  A lot of money.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 4, 2007, 03:16 AM »
I've never had any qualms about cracking open a case straight from the palette when no one's looking.

If what you want to buy is sitting right there, why should a little bit of tape that hasn't been sliced yet come between you and success?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #357 on: February 4, 2007, 06:18 PM »
That's actually the first time I ever saw cases I didn't have on the pallette so that was a new experience for me.  I mean I've got almost 2 decades of collecting under my belt and that literally was the first time I had a score of fresh figures in cases at a WM.  Dumb luck I guess.

I just didn't know what to do... 

Plus I know people get their balls busted by the stock guys putting the stuff out a lot of the time...  Or that they have had someone see them on the cameras and dash down to stop them from opening stuff.  I don't get it, but I figured if I hurried I'd get at least some of what I want.  I could've been a real dick and cracked open every case taking the Clones...  I want them.  I settled for 2 cases minus the clone my gf's kid wanted though.

On a bright note today I am 100% caught up with Saga crap...  I didn't buy the battledroids, might do that yet, but I found Padme and Holo Obi today at my nearby WM and a siege engineer clone for the kid.  I just need to find more Appo's, more Kashyyyk clones, more Sergeants, and a handful of all the other clones too...  less of them though.

I have all the Final 22 though and it feels good knowing I'm not behind anymore save for needing the 2 battlepacks I've yet to get.  ::)  F'n target's such a pain to get to though and I'm sort of tethered to home these days when I'm around.  Sucks.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 4, 2007, 09:21 PM »
At almost all of the stores I've gone to where there are cases out on the floor I've had success.  And if you ask an employee if it's alright they're usually fine with that.  It's less for them to have to put out on the pegs later on.  Make sure you through in things like "excuse me", "please", "miss", "sir" or "thanks" and you're almost guaranteed to make out alright.

As a matter of fact, my score of about 20 figures a couple of days ago came from just that.  There were a couple of cases there and the employee was fine with me taking the figures since it lessened what she had to put out later that night.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 5, 2007, 09:18 AM »
After hitting Target a few times over the weekend, and visiting the WM on the other side of town from us, I'm pretty much caught up as well with the Final 22.  I found Appo, Vader's astro, and holo Obi at Target on Friday, the WM wave on Saturday, and then on Sunday I stopped back at the same Target store and found a couple Elite Corps troopers.  The only figures I didn't see this weekend were the Padme and Yarael Poof, but I was kind of on the fence about getting those anyways.  I wouldn't mind getting a couple more of the troops (Elite Corps and Appo), but I'm happy to at least have found the figures.  Hopefully they'll become more plentiful before the 30th AC stuff starts hitting.