Author Topic: Celebration IV Announced: May 24-28/07 in LA!  (Read 22313 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Celebration IV Announced: May 24-28/07 in LA!
« on: May 26, 2006, 09:42 AM »
It's official:

Celebration 4 in Los Angeles

I charge competative rates for a place to stay. ;)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Celebration IV speculation (2007?)
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 10:35 AM »
I cannot even begin to describe how excited I am for this. I've missed all of them so far because of them being out of state. I'm hoping they let the Star Wars Fan Club members bring guests on the first day. If not, a lot of family members are going to be left behind on that day.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 10:38 AM by Bobafett77 »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 10:45 AM »
I think this is my favorite part:

The event will run from Thursday, May 24 to Monday, May 28, 2007. Admission to the first day of the event will be for worldwide members of the Official Star Wars Fan Club only! The convention will be open to the general public from Friday through Monday, Memorial Day.

So, let's see. who was it that said that last month?  Ding ding ding, we have a winner!

One thing I'm will to bet on though is that it will take place after May 15, 2007.  If I recall correctly, to take advantage of whatever minor bonuses you got as a Fan Club member at C3, your membership  had to be valid during the convention.  

Right now we're seeing a huge push for new members in the form of this FC President campaign, which ends on May 15th.  If C4 takes place say, May 17-20 next year, all the people who sign up now will have to renew their membership to get the FC bonuses.  

Call me cynical, but it'd be a brilliant plan on their part to keep Hyperspace membership up through the beginning of 2008 when the real hype/buzz about the TV show will probably start.

Kudos to you, Mr. mousedroid.   ;)

All those folks who bought in for the contest will have to buy-in again next spring to get into the "fan club only" day...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline mousedroid

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 11:09 AM »
FIn addition to destroying my soul, five years in marketing has taught me a thing or two.   ;)

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 11:51 AM »
Disappointing to hear it it officially confirmed for LA, but still count me in. I wonder what type of impact this will have on attendance to Comic Con next year. I don't see how I can afford to do both next year so close to each other.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 11:58 AM »
LA? Ugh, that is perhaps my least favorite US metro. Still count me in, though.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 12:24 PM »
I'm happy it's in my backyard, but Downtown LA sucks as a walker friendly area for things to do.

I can't believe Gen-Con is doing it again this year after hearing your guys' horror stories.

IMO if CIV is going to the West Coast Las Vegas is a far better choice. 

If I have my new house by then I'm inviting all of JD to a BBQ at my house.   :o ;D
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 12:25 PM by JayDouble »

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2006, 12:41 PM »

Time to book a flight!

Kudos to them for this plan:

One of the highlights for fans at a Star Wars convention is the chance to buy unique merchandise, including an exclusive, limited-edition action figure. Because this has led to bottlenecks and long lines in the past, the Celebration IV store will be bigger than ever, self-service, well-stocked with merchandise, have plenty of check-out lanes...and be open 24 hours a day from the opening of the show on Thursday until the close on Monday!

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Re: Celebration IV: May 24-28/07 in LA
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2006, 01:02 PM »
hmmm, Is JD gonna have a booth? I want to plan ahead possibly, I have to convince my parents a year in advance probably. Problem is it starts the day my school gets out next year, oh crap.... maybe our school gets out later next year. :'(

To bad they didn't decide on vegas, my G-parents live in henderson :-\

And on the store hoorah, that will be great, and i'll actually get my hands on the exclusives.

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2006, 01:33 PM »
Awesome news!  I've always wanted to attend the Star Wars Celebration Cons. This will be my first! :)  2007 is shaping up to be a great year with C4, and SDCC.
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2006, 02:18 PM »
Those dates suck as my wife is running a large scale meeting here that weekend, so I hope that isn't the date. :-\

Count me out >:(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2006, 02:21 PM »

No no no. You HAVE to go. If you aren't going to this you sure better be planning a trip to Comic Con. Canada must be represented.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2006, 02:54 PM »
Dude, SO damn excited it's in LA.  I am more than willing to sit in traffic rather than having to spend money on a hotel.  I'll be sure to get a FC membership next year to cash in on the 1st day entry.  Can't wait!!!

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2006, 03:29 PM »
Those dates suck as my wife is running a large scale meeting here that weekend, so I hope that isn't the date. :-\

:'(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2006, 05:00 PM »
Dude, SO damn excited it's in LA.  I am more than willing to sit in traffic rather than having to spend money on a hotel.  I'll be sure to get a FC membership next year to cash in on the 1st day entry.  Can't wait!!!

ANd when you do make sure to put in your vote for...  oh wait.

Anycrap, I'm debating on this, and about to ask my significant other if she'll make the trip...  I'm plugging my ears to avoid them being blown out by her screaming because of where it is...
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77