Author Topic: TSC Prices - Price Hikes, Discounts, and Sales!  (Read 77254 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: TSC Prices - Price Hikes, Discounts, and Sales!
« Reply #90 on: May 5, 2006, 12:54 PM »
I guess this is as good a place as any -

It's not a 2006 Saga item, but if anyone is still looking for the TRU Exclusive Falcon, it's on half-price clearance at Amazon.com - just $24.98 plus shipping!
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 6, 2006, 01:41 AM »
OK..What The F?

I've never seen prices flop around as much as this year....

Just found out from Darth Gamboa..that in Santa Clarita California Their Super WM just lowered all basic to just 5$..yes, $5.00 each!!!! Well, they had 10 full pegs of coruscant last week..he now says their half empty--go figure ;).

Too early to tell if this is a store, regional or national thing though.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #92 on: May 6, 2006, 06:09 AM »
OK..What The F?

I've never seen prices flop around as much as this year....

Just found out from Darth Gamboa..that in Santa Clarita California Their Super WM just lowered all basic to just 5$..yes, $5.00 each!!!! Well, they had 10 full pegs of coruscant last week..he now says their half empty--go figure ;).

Too early to tell if this is a store, regional or national thing though.

Yeah it has been a really strange year. Our Target in Fort Collins has been at $5.89 for awhile now, the Super Wal-Mart in town is at $6.63, and the other Wal-Mart in town is at $5.24. Which is really weird because it is usually the Super that is cheaper, if there is a difference.
"This is the way."

Offline Sentinel

• Jedi Initiate
  • Show No Mercy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 6, 2006, 10:41 AM »
I wish they would go cheaper...all this clone hunting is destroying my wallet. :P
"Patriotism is the willingness to kill and be killed for trivial reasons."

-Betrand Russel

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #94 on: May 8, 2006, 03:13 AM »
Just found out from Darth Gamboa..that in Santa Clarita California Their Super WM just lowered all basic to just 5$..yes, $5.00 each!!!! Well, they had 10 full pegs of coruscant last week..he now says their half empty--go figure .

Yeah Jon, I can go figure on that one. :)

When Toys R Us did their sale here a few weeks back the stores had WALLS of figures.  Every TRU I went to had a healthy supply of the first 3 waves.  I went at the start of the week to see what I could find on the sale then knowing they were stocked pretty well.  I got a good dose of Hoth stuff for cheap at that store, but couldn't get around again till the end of the week...  I hit 3 TRU's the end of the week then, and all 3 were devoid of figures though 2 weeks prior they were all heavily stocked.

I'm amazed how stuff can really "sit" at $7-ish but at $5 you see stuff fly out the door, seriously.  It's a huge difference...  I hope WM's do this nationally and we see Target follow suit, and HOPEFULLY TRU gets the hint too.

KB and KM I expect nothing positive from of course.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #95 on: May 11, 2006, 07:36 PM »
I just got Ask Yoda $14.99 at TRU.
They had plenty and he is on clearence!

A great crappy SW toy to hold you over until a new wave comes out!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 19, 2006, 01:41 PM »
Anyone seeing new prices which are ridiculous?  My Store has bumped up basic figs to 6.88.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #97 on: May 19, 2006, 03:20 PM »
Anyone seeing new prices which are ridiculous?  My Store has bumped up basic figs to 6.88.

Seems to be the case in Chicagoland....
Basic figures
TRU $6.99
WalMart $6.86
Target $6.99

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 19, 2006, 04:00 PM »
Our Wal-Mart hasn't had their basic SW pegs labeled for awhile now, and I haven't bought anything there since they've had all Geo bugs for awhile now, so I'm not sure what their price is.  Last time I bought something they were $6.63 I believe though.  I picked up a Cody at Target this week and they were priced at $6.64.  Toys R Us is currently at $6.99 ($8.99 online!).  Yeah, the price hikes are already getting old.  Pretty soon the VTSC won't be looking too highly priced :P.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 11, 2006, 11:43 AM »
For anyone who isn't aware, KB is running a 3 for 2 sale on basic figures until he 26th of June.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline ddschneider1972

• Youngling
  • Go Bucks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 11, 2006, 03:06 PM »
Has anyone seen the Demise of Grievous lowered yet? They have been peg warming around here for a month...i got burnt buying the crappy lava reflection Duel figs for $14 only to see them blown out at less than half that...I don;t want a grievous covered in macaroni bad enough to pay full price...they give us overpriced crap, I ain't buyin'!
"Modern Collectors are just Walmart Shoppers" -The new SW "Fan Club" President

They are right, everything is big in Texas, even the defeats...The Buckeyes are (still) #1!!!!!!!!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #101 on: June 11, 2006, 07:09 PM »
I just took mine back with the hopes of getting out to get clearanced for the same reason.  The figure's not worth $14 by a long shot.  Evne if I missed out on it, I think I'd just deal with it because that thing felt like wallet rape.

The KB sale is a good one Anton, and a good reminder...  We had it on our front page here at JediDefender.com actually, but I don't know how many folks took advantage of it.  I know some local buds did, but by the time I ever got to a  KB Toys there wasn't anything left really to buy but POggles.  I was disappointed as I had hoped to maybe get a Veers on the cheap, some Sun Fac's maybe, or GOnks even...  Stuff like that's worth $4 or $5 bones to me for customs fodder and army building, but not for $7 or more. :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #102 on: June 12, 2006, 03:17 PM »
I returned one of my 2 Grevious Demises after seeing how they are rotting. iIopened one and he is not worh $14. They could have at least thrown in a hologram and base. Its pretty rude that the standard figures have more than this "High end" figure...who is a semi rehash to begin with.

The Senate packs are rotting too. I will wait until they are in the clearence isle to get more pods/shocktroopers
As I said in other threads lots o rehashes, less articulation and price increases...not the ideal formula for fun. :P

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 29, 2006, 08:51 PM »
Found the VTSC on clearance for $10 and the SATS BP for $16 at a local MN Target tonight.  Didn't buy any though as I already paid full price for what I needed.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 29, 2006, 09:16 PM »
Same here, these figures are just about 15% off regular price right now at my local Targets.

:)