Author Topic: TSC Prices - Price Hikes, Discounts, and Sales!  (Read 77276 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: TSC Prices - Price Hikes, Discounts, and Sales!
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2006, 10:42 AM »
Our local WM's raised their prices as well. I kind of thought it might not happen around here, but I was wrong.  Luckily, I got almost evrything I need at the lower prices. I paid WM prices for two figures yesterday, now I only need/want one more, so I think I can handle buying one at $7.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2006, 09:21 PM »
Since our WM stores have literally nothing on the pegs, nothing has changed either, but our Target stores are $5.89 yet.  I'm happy with that.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2006, 11:09 AM »
I found a few figure at WM this morning, and they rang up $6.63, so it looks like the price jump is here as well.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2006, 11:27 AM »
Since our WM stores have literally nothing on the pegs, nothing has changed either, but our Target stores are $5.89 yet. I'm happy with that.

It's weird as the roles have reversed in my area.

Being that WM raised their prices and Target is still less than $6, the Target pegs are dry and WM is full of Carkoon / Hoth waves!

Toys R Us is well, Toys R Us.

Tons of falcons and a few Carkoon figures...

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2006, 11:31 AM »

Toys R Us is well, Toys R Us.

Tons of falcons and a few Carkoon figures...

Yeah, that place has been a Millenium Falcon Warehouse since 1995 with no break.

My TRU actually just expanded the SW section from 3 pegs to 12 in the new planogram, which shocked the hell out of me.  Guess they'll be receiving something soon.  That store is so bad at what they do, it's nothing close to funny.
If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2006, 01:51 AM »
TRU is funny...

They did the $4.99 sale a while back.  My local stores had literally dozens upon dozens of every Carkoon Wave figure and that sale lasted a week IIRC.  So the sale comes...  Almost immediately, the stores were selling out of their literal wall of Carkoon wave.  Some were getting in Hoth, some Geo, some more Carkoon or a mix of the 3... 

Week ends...  Sale ends...  Pegs have remained stagnant at whatever they had left at that point.  Mostly Hoth and Carkoon remnants with the odd Poggle here and there.

Price goes down to $4.99, TRU sells through product like Indian food goes through the human colon...  Prices go back up to $6.99 and figures stop selling...

Now, if someone with a half an oz. of intellect at the corporate HQ actually sat on his/her fat ass and looked at the facts, obviously dropping price a $1 or more would be a big help...  It's the same at other stores too.  One Target near me has $6.99 figures, and they're sitting...  One has $5.89 figures and they're moving fast with few pegwarmers (a couple, not many)...

I'd comment on Wal-Mart, but I hit 2 tonight, and 3 other ones in the past week or so and there's no peg for figures at any of the 5 I visited.  They have Titanium pegs, pegs for other crap, but no basic figure pegs to speak of.

I hate Wal-Mart with a passion, seriously.  I hate the other two, but Wal-Mart takes the cake by far. :)

At least K-Mart and Kay-Bee always dick you over and dont' blow smoke up your ass about it.  The other 3 though are just doing it to jerk people around and see how much they can get away with after years of being reasonably acceptable places tod eal with.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2006, 04:41 AM »
I don't shop at WM for figs anymore.  Or for anything, really, but if I can't find it at Target, I don't buy it.  TRU is decent lately, but at $7, I'd only go for figs I REALLY want, and I always find them at Target, like I did Cody today.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2006, 06:00 AM »
I, personally, only go for figures.  I tend to do my necessities shopping at the stores actually close to my place to show support for them.  Plus they're cleaner anyway than any WM I've been in.

The WM near my girl's place she shops at all the time...  Blah.  I go for figures though, that's all I try to get there...  Well, video games too, but to me I only buy games when they're cheap anyway. ;)  Whoever has it for $20 or less i buy it.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2006, 09:15 AM »

Now, if someone with a half an oz. of intellect at the corporate HQ actually sat on his/her fat ass and looked at the facts, obviously dropping price a $1 or more would be a big help...  It's the same at other stores too.  One Target near me has $6.99 figures, and they're sitting...  One has $5.89 figures and they're moving fast with few pegwarmers (a couple, not many)...

It's true that part of TRU's problem is the price tag on their stuff.  But the bigger problem in my area is that TRU hardly ever has anything on the pegs and shelves.  If you're not going to properly stock the hottest action figure line, what the hell do you think will sell? 
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2006, 09:19 PM »
Yes, price does suck when it gets over $6 per figure.  I don't know how many Sun Fac's I've passed up at $6.99 but might have bought several more at $5 or $6.  Definitely at $5 I would want at least a dozen of him. 

But when it comes to stuff I really want, selection is what matters most to me.  I'd buy several more orange clones at $6.99 if they'd have them in stock anywhere.

:P

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2006, 11:15 PM »
Pegs read $6.64 tonight at a local MN Target.  1 entire cent more than Wal-Mart.  Can't get any better/worse I suppose.  Twas nice to have a price cut for at least a few weeks.  WM still sucks monkey balls in my opinion.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2006, 02:04 AM »
I disagree...I get about 90% of my SW goods from WM. It seems it's still Sw in the end wherever you buy it...sure, prices vary but I work daily so I just can't beat the competitions in the mornings/afternoons at target-which leaves getting Wm stuff at night. I'm a big enough boy to brave past the crack whores to get to the toy section- I mean..what do I care? I'm going for Sw anyway/not for the scenery. What do I know though..I don't really get much stuff. ;)

The scenery IS nicer at target though..even if she looks better than the empty hands I leave the store with :-X ;)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2006, 02:06 AM »

It's true that part of TRU's problem is the price tag on their stuff.  But the bigger problem in my area is that TRU hardly ever has anything on the pegs and shelves.  If you're not going to properly stock the hottest action figure line, what the hell do you think will sell? 

No doubt Dressel...

I can't find squat at any Wal-Mart near me.  Even the lone Bib that sat at the one is gone and has been for a month.

Target is getting things in sporatically (no huge finds around here though) and the lower priced stores are moving them...  The higher priced store has backed up with Hoth figures....  All Targets near me have a number of Hoth Vaders though, which goes to show that Vader isn't the boner figure Hasbro SHOULD be pushing on repack lists IMO.

TRU has been getting stuff, but they get one big ass cluster of figures, then nothing.  Right now, theyr'e getting nothing new that I've seen.  They had gotten Geo wave in and things at a number of TRU's, but once the sale ended they'd moved through what they had for the most part...  Now they have (at most local TRU's) Carkoon wave pegwarmers that ain't going anywhere for $6.99 and I'd say maybe 2 Pittsburgh TRU's that I can think of have some Hoth Wave remnants (Veers, Rieekan, etc.) for $6.99.  

Would I buy Veers for $4.99?  Sure...  But for a figure I'm gonna butcher I refuse to shell out $7.  It's dumb out there in the stores right now.  

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2006, 09:36 AM »
I have been surprised at my own reaction to the price differences. At 5.50 I was ready to put together a complete 2006 carded collection. At 6.50 or higher, I have almost no interest. I can't justify going back to add Bib and some of the other poop-in-plastic at those prices. It's too bad, I really like what they have done with the cardbacks, and most of the figures are well chosen and fairly well done.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2006, 11:41 AM »
I disagree...I get about 90% of my SW goods from WM.

I've received maybe 10% (if that even) of my collection from MN Wal-Marts.  They just suck for SW hunting flat out - ask most of the MN crew.  Guess it all depends on what part of the country you live in.   :-\  Must be nice to have both a Target and a WM to look for new figs.

End
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN