Author Topic: Poster Figures  (Read 5572 times)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Poster Figures
« on: October 28, 2006, 09:38 PM »
Apparently Hasbro made a "Poster Figure" prototype of Darth Vader seen here if you scroll down http://www.sithtoys.com/POTF2unproduced.html  Sorry if everyone knew about this but I did not.  However, I think it's a nifty idea really.  I know the McQuarrie Concept figures are obviously going to take over anything "different" like these poster figures could have. 

I was just wondering what figures people would like to see if they based them off of posters.  There are some Hildebrandt posters that may or may not be cool for them to consider.  Eh, just thinking about something different tonight to ponder. 

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: Poster Figures
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 10:29 AM »
well, i actually don't really like that idea to be honest. they dont really have much play value next to our other figs. they also remind me of the type of fig we got in april 2002.  :P on the other hand, they wud kik a-dubul s carded! (and i'm a C.C.C.)-Carded Completist Collector. We'll see...  :-\
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 09:30 PM »
The poster figure 4-packs popped up as a rumor right before SDCC this year in one of the Rebelscum 411 Reports:

These action figure four packs will feature 8 x 11" movie poster replicas, and will include a special base to showcase the figures and posters. Currently we can expect six of these poster packs in 2007, but if the line is successful, we will likely see more. Don 't hold your breath for new sculpts though…

But at SDCC 2006, Hasbro said the Poster 4-pack idea was dropped because they chose to go with the Tin 4-pack idea instead for the 30th Anniversary (and this was confirmed in the Q&A from GH this past week).

Still a chance the Poster Figure 4-Packs could come back in the future, but for now they are dead...
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 09:32 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 09:36 AM »
I remember those rumors at one time as well, but I hadn't ever seen that pic of Vader until it popped up at the GH Q and A this week.  Could be kind of neat if they are someday released.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 04:51 PM »
You know what I find really cool on that page? The unproduced proof cards at the bottom. I've never heard of Legends Of The Force--I assume that's what became Power of the Jedi? Anyone have other links or know anything more about it? My Google search turned up nothing, not even the SithToys.com page.

Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline ddschneider1972

• Youngling
  • Go Bucks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 06:21 AM »
I'd love to see it, preferably single carded, somethign like the McQuarrie signature series figures where they are taking concept figures and making a nice little sub-line. The website says the figure is 2 1/2" wide and woudln't fit ona card but latley the bubbles have been larger, not sure about the 30th cards bubble size, though. We will have a concept Vader, maybe this will be it...that would be a let down, but I hope we get the figure in some form. 
"Modern Collectors are just Walmart Shoppers" -The new SW "Fan Club" President

They are right, everything is big in Texas, even the defeats...The Buckeyes are (still) #1!!!!!!!!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006, 09:41 AM »
One poster figure I could tolerate, more than that would help kill the line for me, or at least being a completest.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2006, 02:06 PM »
I say no to this, the idea sucks if it's for next year. A year that already seems to be crammed with product as it is.

NO!

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #8 on: November 1, 2006, 10:34 AM »
1st:

I like the idea of the poster figure, but I'm not sure it would legs, other than the Vader there's not many others I would want, so it would probably have to be an exclusive or something.  I don't think I'd like to see it rolled in with a regular line.

Not sure, thinking more, matbe an early 3PO or something, but again it's so niche, I could only see the hardcores going for it and no interest in the mainstream.  The ST was an exception becasue, well, it was cool.  I mean a ST with a saber, who wouldn't like that?

2nd:

The cardback is awesome (would need some tweaking with fonts maybe) with the exception of Lloyd.  Personally I don't think he does much for the Saga period.  I'd much rather see Hayden in his place.

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: November 1, 2006, 10:46 AM »
I don't like the idea of a just a few of them in the basic figure line - they'd be out of place and kind of silly to display alone.

But, if they do what they were originally planning to do:

action figure four packs will feature 8 x 11" movie poster replicas, and will include a special base to showcase the figures and posters.

I'd be all over those.  By doing 4-packs with a poster backdrop and base, I think they would be a neat display item for the SW room.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dark Empire Luke

• Youngling
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 1, 2006, 11:19 AM »
I think they've already done Luke:

:P

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 1, 2006, 07:33 PM »
I think they've already done Luke:

:P

if they do this series though they can still save a buck and repack that one.  :P  ::)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 1, 2006, 09:06 PM »
LOL!  This is true.  Okay, okay.  Most everyone dislikes this.  I got it.

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 3, 2006, 08:42 AM »
LOL!  This is true.  Okay, okay.  Most everyone dislikes this.  I got it.

It's also the idea behind the POTF2 Hag Leia!

Oboewan
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"