Author Topic: Official UGP Website: Help Needed!  (Read 13561 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Official UGP Website: Help Needed!
« Reply #75 on: December 9, 2006, 12:34 AM »
Sorry about the Yak bugs - it IS a problem and we're working on it.  Very sorry about it, once we get moved over to the real Yakface server it shouldn't happen anymore.  I thought this was taking place two weeks ago, and it started but for some reason the transition is on hold for a bit.  It's not something I really understand the technical aspects of, and I've asked for it to be pushed, and the guys working on it are going as fast as they can.

;)

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #76 on: December 9, 2006, 08:15 AM »
It can be REALY annoying to move a forum over to a new server - if that's what you're Yak_folks are doing. So I can empathize completely the troubles you're having.

Though, maybe you want to ask the folks here at JD about it, seeing as how they apparently just moved everything to SMF (simple machine forums) and seem to have managed to bring over EVERYthing intact. Even the messages.

I could be terribly wrong, but I think the web address is different, and the old forums looked a lot more like ProBoards than SMF, so it's gotta be worth a try....

Anyway, I can't wait to see YakFace with a better forums. Things have really taken off over there despite any bugs, it has quite a bit of customizing traffic now (more than here)!
« Last Edit: December 9, 2006, 08:40 AM by PenDragon »

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 9, 2006, 11:42 AM »
I really don't like to complain, but yeah, the Yak forums are kind of bugging me now. The Q&A had some really interesting questions, but the forums won't load for me to see them.

My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 9, 2006, 03:02 PM »
Pen did you see the web site that DmG made for the UGP? What do you think of it? I definately think we can use most of it.

What happen to our web site? It seems to have disappeared?
« Last Edit: December 9, 2006, 03:03 PM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 9, 2006, 03:39 PM »
I really don't like to complain, but yeah, the Yak forums are kind of bugging me now. The Q&A had some really interesting questions, but the forums won't load for me to see them.

I've got to agree. The Yak forums are really bugging me too. They take forever to load and never let me post anything. They won't load completely for me.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #80 on: December 9, 2006, 04:09 PM »
Darn it happened again the site is stuck goign to the TJP main page it did that last week too, pen fixed it but it looks like its broken again.

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #81 on: December 9, 2006, 05:37 PM »
Yup, just caught that earlier - it was my fault, but it's all fixed now  ;D

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 11, 2006, 02:41 AM »
I'm so sorry about the forums at Yak as of late, trust me, I don't think anyone has been more frustrated about it than I have been, or our forum creator, Brandon.  We did just get some IT support from the host, and they moved it over to another server over the weekend, which should help a lot... or at least that's what they say.  It's a temporary thing until the final move is made to the Yakface server (right now we are having a problem with moving that and can't do it for a bit) but I hope that this current one we just switched to works for the time being.  So far today it's been great, but heck that's only one day so who knows.  But I do have to say despite the problems we've had some good traffic and the customizing section has been really popular.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that most of the problems are in the past now.

Let me know when you guys want, I'll post a front page blurb at Yak and link to the site for some publicity.

;)

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2006, 08:22 AM »
Let me know when you guys want, I'll post a front page blurb at Yak and link to the site for some publicity.

Not quite  yet ...

We have to get the main page design nailed down, and the individual sections worked out (the navigation links don't work yet because the other sections havn't been made yet).

As such, I'd appreciate any honest comments/suggestions you have on the current homepage layout.

Thanks!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 11, 2006, 12:54 PM »
No problem, just shoot me an email or a PM when ready.

;)