Author Topic: NBA 2006-07  (Read 62833 times)

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
Re: NBA 2006-07 Season
« Reply #105 on: December 24, 2006, 01:45 AM »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 24, 2006, 10:56 AM »
Yao to miss 6 weeks with injured knee

Much like McGrady, I knew that was coming.  Yao missed about 2 months with an injured toe last season.  He has made big strides and is a potent rebounder and shot blocker and his offense has come a long way, but he is not very durable.  Goodnight Rockets, see you next year.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #107 on: December 24, 2006, 01:50 PM »

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 25, 2006, 10:40 PM »
I'd say that the showdown today of the NBA's two best guards was a bit one-sided.  Thanks for the Christmas present, Dwyane.
 ;D
« Last Edit: December 25, 2006, 10:41 PM by Neal »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 25, 2006, 10:46 PM »
I'd say that the showdown today of the NBA's two best guards was a bit one-sided.  Thanks for the Christmas present, Dwyane.
 ;D

Kobe was sick though!  And Wade was cheating his little hiney off as usual.

:D

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 25, 2006, 10:48 PM »
Kobe was sick though! 

Yeah, I heard that.  Funny that never stopped Jordan from showing up (and usually dominating) in big games.  If Kobe wants to be better than Mike, he has to show up when it's the hardest to do so.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 25, 2006, 10:55 PM »
Kobe will never be better than Mike.

Artest has a shot, at least on the defensive side of the ball.

But Kobe's not better on either side.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 25, 2006, 10:57 PM »
Kobe will never be better than Mike.

Artest has a shot, at least on the defensive side of the ball.

But Kobe's not better on either side.

You don't have to tell me that.  He just likes to think that he is, and I was just making the point that had Jordan been as sick as Kobe, he still would've found a way to kill the team he was playing against.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 26, 2006, 06:21 PM »
Oh it never ends with this guy...

Kings, Clippers talk Maggette-Artest trade
Tuesday, Dec 26, 2006 10:11 am EST

The Sacramento Kings and the Los Angeles Clippers have discussed a potential trade in which swingman Ron Artest would be exchanged for forward Corey Maggette. The Clippers tried to acquire Artest from the Indiana Pacers last season. Artest is supposedly at odds with current teammate Mike Bibby, and the relationship between Maggette - unhappy with his playing time - and head coach Mike Dunleavy is said to be beyond repair.

Artest leads the NBA in steals, at 2.47 per game, and averages 16.4 points and 7.2 rebounds. Maggette is averaging 14.8 points per game, but had averaged more than 20 points per game in the previous two seasons.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 28, 2006, 11:39 PM »
I hope not Dress, because that sounds pretty stupid considering we got Bibby,Salmons, and K. Martin already phat at the position. The Kings haven't acknowledged this trade rumor either. Went to the Kings game last night a blowout win over the hapless 76ers..who, scored 76 points! Artest did have a nice, back-facing-the-basket loose ball lay in that sent the crowd wild but, other than that had a quiet showing. Bibby lit it up finally, and got player of the game award.

The Kings age in the middle dictates we need a center; not a perimeter player/guard. I never liked Maggette..he's not as near Marbury but really reminds me of him at times. He would destroy the Kings if ownership made a stupid deal like that. Bibby's pissing everyone off lately..especially since he's really not been playing well at all-I really blame him solely for the recent losing streak we were in...I think a fan summed it up well when he yelled behind us 'Where have you been, Bibby?' after Bibby scored his 21st point.

DS

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 29, 2006, 08:37 AM »
This was the best basketball-related news I could get this morning:

Status Alert: An MRI on Wade's sprained right wrist revealed no structural damage and he will be a game-time decision for Friday's game against the Nets, ESPNews reports.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 3, 2007, 02:40 PM »
It looks like Wade most likely won't be playing tonight against the Clippers, and probably won't play against the Suns on Friday.  At least there's talk that Shaq will be back for the Heat's January 15th game against the Lakers.  And Pat Riley is taking a leave of absence from the team to have surgery on his knee and hip.  The Heat are so banged up that they can manage to find a way to have their coach be on the injured reserve.  Damn.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 3, 2007, 05:45 PM »
A monster recent game by Artest. Bunches o' points and 5 steals and 1 block too. Too bad he can't stay healthy enough to produce like this every night though :(.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 3, 2007, 10:31 PM »
The Heat were also without the services of James Posey and Antoine Walker tonight because-are you ready for this-they're too ******* fat!  Here's the blurb from ESPN.com:

Heat coach Pat Riley deactivated two forwards whose body fat readings aren't within team parameters, then began an indefinite leave of absence because of his knee and hip problems.  Miami played again without center Shaquille O'Neal, who has been in only four games because of an injured knee. Finals MVP Dwyane Wade missed his third straight game with a sprained wrist, and forwards Antoine Walker and James Posey both missed the game and won't travel to Phoenix because neither met team-ordered body fat readings by a Jan. 1 deadline.

Now there's something you don't see every day .....

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 4, 2007, 10:19 PM »
Malik Rose of the Knicks pays a brief visit to Neal's favorite vacation spot.

:)