Author Topic: NBA 2006-07  (Read 62951 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: NBA 2006-07 Season
« Reply #180 on: February 25, 2007, 08:18 PM »
I don't follow pro basketball the way you guys do, so please forgive the weird/stupid question:

Which two (or three) of these teams would you rather see in person?  Just based on how good they are, and how big the marquee players are, or whatever:

Atlanta Hawks
Utah Jazz
New Jersey Nets
Boston Celtics
Los Angeles Lakers
Houston Rockets
Dallas Mavericks
New York Knicks
Seattle SuperSonics
Phoenix Suns
Los Angeles Clippers
Denver Nuggets

I'm thinking the Lakers, Rockets, Mavericks, Suns, and Nuggets might be the best ones to see, but any other thoughts or opinions would be appreciated.  I'm trying to catch at least a game or two before the Hornets leave town.

Thanks a lot.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 25, 2007, 09:05 PM »
Suns would be #1 on my list because they're just fun to watch. 

I'm a long time Celtics fan but they're at the bottom right now, sadly :(  Knicks kinda suck too.

The Mavs could be cool, but defensive basketball isn't always that much fun to watch.  It's kind of 50/50 whether it would be a good game with them.

Rockets if Yao is back, not so much if he's not there.

Jazz should be pretty damn cool too, a high scoring affair there I'd imagine.

For me I'd take, in order: Suns, Jazz, Mavericks.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 26, 2007, 08:55 AM »
I'd narrow it down from these teams:

Los Angeles Lakers - Kobe's one of the best.  You never know when he may decide to drop 60 on a team.

Dallas Mavericks - They're the best team in the League, and they're on a roll.  They're playing some really special ball this year.  Catch them, if you can.

Phoenix Suns - There's no other team in the League besides the Heat (if Wade's playing) that I'd rather watch.

Denver Nuggets - They aren't playing that well, but a lot of exciting things can happen when AI and Melo are on the court.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #183 on: February 26, 2007, 11:17 AM »
Los Angeles Lakers - Kobe's one of the best.  You never know when he may decide to drop 60 on a team.

Yeah, I mentioned the Lakers originally, apparently forgetting that:

A.  I saw 'em in an exhibition game here a few years ago,

and

B.  I hate Kobe.

So the Lakers are out (and looking more-closely at the schedule, it looks like that game's actually in New Orleans, anyway, unless we're gonna have a Hornets/Lakers game/Who concert doubleheader that night--which really would be something). 

But I do appreciate the suggestions.  Looks like you guys are agreed upon the Suns and the Mavericks, and I was already kind of leaning toward them, too.

The Rockets game is March 25--is Yao supposed to be back by then?

I might consider seeing the Jazz--but only if Mark Eaton's still playing for them.  He is, right?

The Nuggets might be a good one--besides A.I. and Anthony (sorry, I refuse to say "Melo"), it's also the last Hornets home game of the regular season, and if they don't make the playoffs, that'll be their last game in OKC ever.  So that could be a special evening.

Anyway, thanks again for the suggestions.  Any more would be welcome.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 26, 2007, 12:42 PM »
Sadly Mark Eaton has returned to being the world's tallest mechanic.  I did have the good fortune of seeing him play against the Timberwolves back in their inaugural season in the HHH Metrodome.  We were only about 12 rows behind the Jazz bench and boy he was huge even amongst basketball players.  And yes, I know you were being facetious.  The Jazz just have a really good team and you can't go wrong with a guy named Boozer.

Yao is supposed to be back by the 25th, but with injuries...

Give my regards to Chris Paul and David West :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 26, 2007, 03:39 PM »
Suns top my list.  Just watching them run and push the ball is fun.

Second on my list is the Jazz.  They're back to running the offense like it was with Malone and Stockton.  I think it's a thing of beauty, to me they have the best half court offense. 

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 26, 2007, 05:28 PM »
i would have to agree that the suns play the funnest basketball in the league right now.

the mavs are still pretty fun to watch too, but if you are rooting for the other team you might skip them.

if you are looking for a particularly spectacular player, you might check out gilbert arenas and the wizards when they come thru town.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #187 on: February 27, 2007, 11:59 AM »
Thanks guys for all the advice.

Think I'm gonna shoot for the Mavericks and Suns.  Nuggets are out due to a scheduling conflict.

NBA action:  It's fan-tastic.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #189 on: March 27, 2007, 11:12 AM »
Thanks guys for all the advice.

Think I'm gonna shoot for the Mavericks and Suns.  Nuggets are out due to a scheduling conflict.

NBA action:  It's fan-tastic.

Seeing the Mavericks tonight!

(Are they any good?)   ???

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 27, 2007, 03:18 PM »
Seeing the Mavericks tonight!

(Are they any good?)   ???

They're currently the best team in the league and the favorites to win the championship.  You should enjoy seeing them play.

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 27, 2007, 05:29 PM »
and... they are looking to extend the leagues longest current winning streak to 7.   

the rest of the season is sold out in dallas.  i actually considered driving up to watch tonights game.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 27, 2007, 06:50 PM »
the favorites to win the championship

Phoenix.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 27, 2007, 09:43 PM »
the favorites to win the championship

Phoenix.

You may see it that way, but most do not.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 27, 2007, 10:51 PM »
Spurs box score this morning.  Check out why Robert Horry didn't play.  It's now changed back to "Coach's Decision."
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 03:35 AM by JayDouble »