Author Topic: NBA 2006-07  (Read 62588 times)

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: NBA 2006-07 Season
« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2006, 08:37 AM »
Dwyane Wade will miss tonight's game against Phoenix due to the oral surgery that he had yesterday.  He had two wisdom teeth removed.  As if there chances against beating the Suns weren't already slim enough .....
 :(

Matt, this is your area of expertise.  How long could this keep Wade out of the lineup for?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 08:39 AM by Neal »

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2006, 08:40 AM »
On a different note ... have you picked this up yet, Matt?

I figured that you could sleep with it at night, or something.
 ;)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2006, 06:40 PM »
I don't think the NBA McFarlane wave has hit yet, I've only seen Legends so far.  But I'm getting two of that figure, one to open, and one to hang up closed, plus I get to add it all to the Ron Artest Beat 'Em Off Up buddy I already have. 

As for Wade, we don't want you basketball types doing anything strenuous for a day or two after pulling teeth.  The increase in blood pressure due to the exercise has been known to dislodge the clot in the socket.  You're not supposed to travel far either especially in planes, especially if infection was involved.  So he'll only miss a game probably, and the Heat will have to find someone else to cheat their ass off for them to get through the game. 

:)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 10:11 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2006, 11:19 PM »
I don't think the NBA McFarlane wave has hit yet, I've only seen Legends so far. 

I saw the wave at a local FYE yesterday, so you may want to start looking for them.

And I'm still interested in hearing your theory on what it is Wade does that would be constituted as cheating, regardless of how illogical and misinformed that theory may be.
 ;D
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 11:21 PM by Neal »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 13, 2006, 11:31 PM »

And I'm still interested in hearing your theory on what it is Wade does that would be constituted as cheating, regardless of how illogical and misinformed that theory may be.
 ;D

You're a Wade fan.  I generally don't engage in a battle I have no chance of winning.  Let's just say I saw against the Kings that night what I saw all along. 

At any rate, I'll certainly start looking for Artest McFarlane.  I also want the Billups and Melo.  Your find was the first I've heard so far.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #80 on: December 14, 2006, 12:46 AM »
I generally don't engage in a battle I have no chance of winning. 

I'm sure there's a Dressel/Yankees joke in there somewhere, but I'm too tired to work it out.

John

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 14, 2006, 08:41 AM »
You're a Wade fan.  I generally don't engage in a battle I have no chance of winning.  Let's just say I saw against the Kings that night what I saw all along.

There's no need for you to "win" anything.  I know that he doesn't cheat on a regular basis, but I'd still like to know what you think he's doing on a game-to-game basis that's illegal.  Perhaps there are rules to the game that you don't quite understand that I could educate you on. 

At any rate, I'll certainly start looking for Artest McFarlane.  I also want the Billups and Melo.  Your find was the first I've heard so far.

Melo looks rather nice.  I may pick him up as well.  The rest of the wave doesn't interest me.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2006, 09:36 AM »

I'm sure there's a Dressel/Yankees joke in there somewhere, but I'm too tired to work it out.

John

Nothing as funny as watching the first good player you've had since George Brett come to NY, I'm sure.

Of course it's also funny to watch a major league baseball team flounder around spending zero dollars on a significant free agent while at the same time "rebuilding" and not producing one ounce of young talent.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 09:43 AM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 16, 2006, 11:16 PM »
Damn, it's good to have Wade back:

41 points, 7 assists, 5 rebounds, 5 steals, 1 blocked shot.  And more importantly ... one win.

And did anyone catch the "extracurricular" activities at MSG tonight?  Damn.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 17, 2006, 03:32 AM »

Isiah is a fricken clown.  That's two nights in a row he sent Collins in to commit a flagrant foul in blow outs.  What the hell is Karl doing having his starters in up 20 with 1:30 or so left?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 17, 2006, 04:02 AM »

Isiah is a fricken clown.  That's two nights in a row he sent Collins in to commit a flagrant foul in blow outs.  What the hell is Karl doing having his starters in up 20 with 1:30 or so left?

Apparently Karl and Larry Brown are good friends and Karl was exacting vengeance on Isiah Thomas for the firing of Larry Brown. 

I hear rumblings that Anthony is going to get 1-5 games, but I watched the footage 10 times of him throwing that right hook that dropped Collins, and considering the fight was partially in the stands, I really think Anthony is going to get more like 8-15 games, and if it were more I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Karl was trying to embarass the Knicks though, and there's no reason to have Marcus Camby, JR Smith, and Carmelo Anthony in a game that you're up by 20, with a minute plus to go.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 17, 2006, 09:29 AM »
I hear rumblings that Anthony is going to get 1-5 games, but I watched the footage 10 times of him throwing that right hook that dropped Collins, and considering the fight was partially in the stands, I really think Anthony is going to get more like 8-15 games, and if it were more I wouldn't be surprised at all.

So ... how long until he becomes one of your favorite players?  You're always raving about Artest and Sheed.  Melo fits right into that "talented thug" category that you seem to love so much.
 ;)

I wouldn't be shocked if Melo gets at least 10 games.  A few years ago, he would've received no more than 3 - 5 games.  After the Pistons/Pacers brawl, things have changed a bit.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 17, 2006, 12:16 PM »
So ... how long until he becomes one of your favorite players?  You're always raving about Artest and Sheed.  Melo fits right into that "talented thug" category that you seem to love so much.
 ;)

I think the difference between the three is Melo has no street cred.  He's a a fricken snitch.  DR doesn't want to be associatted with any snitches.   :P

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 18, 2006, 05:36 AM »
I don't know guys...Terrell Owens fits right into that 'street thug' category on the evolutionary chain now tonite as well with his spitting incident- He's right next to Bill Romanowski on the classic NFL spitters list now. His incident is pale in comparison to the MSG fight, though..phew :o. A guy on radio last night brought up a good point about how NBA fights are rare...but when they happen everyone involved is referred to as a 'thug'. He was comparing NBA fight frequency to MLB fight frequency...how there are so many more bench clearing fights in MLB and how no person afterwards is called a 'thug'.

DS

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 18, 2006, 08:59 AM »
A guy on radio last night brought up a good point about how NBA fights are rare...but when they happen everyone involved is referred to as a 'thug'. He was comparing NBA fight frequency to MLB fight frequency...how there are so many more bench clearing fights in MLB and how no person afterwards is called a 'thug'.

That's a good point ... but I don't see everyone that gets into a fight in the NBA as a "thug".  But, when someone sucker-punches a guy in the face and then runs away like a little bitch, that's definitely "thug-like".
 ;)