Author Topic: Computer Help & Tech Support  (Read 41592 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Computer Help & Tech Support
« Reply #180 on: December 31, 2007, 02:09 AM »
Does anyone know how to use Adobe Photoshop to remove red eye from a photo?  I didn't have the red eye reduction activated on my camera when I took this pic:

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 31, 2007, 02:27 AM »
Jesse, if it were me I'd use the Circular Marquee tool (press the M button (shift + M if you're stuck on the rectangular one), then I'd use it to select the first eye, I'd then hold the SHIFT button down to select the second eye.  (only select the red part)  At this point you have a selection of just the red parts of both eyes.

Then I'd feather the selection just a little bit (Ctrl+Alt+D), maybe 2 or 3 or 5 pixels (maybe a lot more depending on how big your image size is) - if that's the actual size of the picture, I'd think 3 would do it.

Once that's done, I'd hit Ctrl+U to adjust the Hue/Saturation.  Slide the top slider (saturation) around until they look to be the right shade.  You can adjust brightness and saturation here too.  Make sure the 'preview' button his checked so you can see what you're doing as you do it.

The key is getting the selection right.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 02:31 AM by Rob »

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 31, 2007, 02:45 AM »
Sweet, thanks Rob!  I'll give that a try.

The picture is actually 5 times that size, so I guess I'll have to "feather the selection" a few more pixels. :)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 31, 2007, 02:57 AM »
 :D
Thanks again Rob!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 31, 2007, 10:35 AM »
Looks good - nice work.   :)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #185 on: January 30, 2008, 04:23 PM »
Little update on my home network.  Turned out all I needed was one of these.

All I had in the basement was the wiring tree, so when a computer and the cable modem was connected, there was nothing to regulate them talking to each other and they could not talk at all.  With help from my friend (since I'm out in California still) my wife now has great internet connectivity.   :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 14, 2008, 10:56 PM »
Hopefully someone here can help me.  My desktop computer won't connect to the internet and I get a message down by the time saying that the "Local Area Connection, has limited or no connectivity".  I go into the local area connection status and hit the support tab to see a message about the limiited or no connectivity but also "This problem oocured because the network did not assign a network address to the computer".  I have tried to do the repair option but it dosen't work.  When I try to get only my Timewaner Cable tries to diagnose it but the only thing it does is statw that "... has determined that a network card incorrectly configured.  The card should be able to receive a new network address each time it connects to the internet.  Instead it is setup to usee a fixed address at all times". (I have had this problem before but usually got it fix by following the Roadrunner to try to refresh the IP Addess, but this time it can't do that).  I'm using my sister labtop which is on a wireless network (hookup to my desktop) and the internet works fine.  If I plug her laptop into the moderm it ends up getting the "Limited or no Connectivity" issue as will. 

If anyone knows anything that can help it would be apperciated.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #187 on: August 14, 2008, 11:04 PM »
Have you done a power cycle on the modem? (power down computer, unplug your network cable, power down the modem, wait a few minutes then reconnect and boot up modem & computer)

Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 15, 2008, 10:22 AM »
Recently my computer will not let me access the Task Manager. It gives me a message "Task Manager blocked by Administrator.". The neat trick is this is my home computer and I am the Admin. I have no idea how it happened, I just want to reactivate it.

Any one know how I can do that?
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 15, 2008, 12:22 PM »
Sounds like spyware to me. Do you have spybot and keep it updated with routine scans?

Spybot
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 15, 2008, 02:40 PM »
Sounds like spyware to me. Do you have spybot and keep it updated with routine scans?

Spybot

I do, but I will run them all again.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 11, 2009, 06:30 PM »
A question for Mac users...

We're going from PC to Mac tomorrow at work, and we're trying to figure out if there's a way to remap the keyboard so that it works more like a PC keyboard.  Basically, I want to take the apple key from the Mac keyboard, and put it where the Control key is on the PC keyboard, so that I can keep using the hundreds of shortcuts that I use the way that I'm used to using them.

Does anyone know of a way to do this?  We were able to get the Apple key to go where the Windows key is, but we don't want it there... we want it one more to the left.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 11, 2009, 07:01 PM »
Basically, I want to take the apple key from the Mac keyboard, and put it where the Control key is on the PC keyboard,

Should pop right off.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 11, 2009, 07:23 PM »
Thanks...

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #194 on: March 12, 2009, 03:09 AM »
Basically, I want to take the apple key from the Mac keyboard, and put it where the Control key is on the PC keyboard,

Should pop right off.

Best. Reply. Ever!
This is the way.

I have spoken.