Author Topic: The Spider-Man Movie Series  (Read 121717 times)

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
Re: The Spider-Man Movie Series
« Reply #120 on: November 8, 2006, 02:26 PM »
When does Pirates 3 open?  won't it be next summer, too?
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 8, 2006, 02:30 PM »
With this opening May 4th, there won't be another summer film in '07 that will come close to taking in what this probably will.  Anyone know if this will be in IMAX theatre's???

I bet THAT (POTC3) will come respectably close to taking in ALOT. :-\
« Last Edit: November 8, 2006, 02:39 PM by Darth Slothus »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 8, 2006, 02:36 PM »
Pirates 3 is out next May as well.  It will be a busy month with Spidey 3, Shrek 3, and Pirates 3 all released that month - at least as far as I have heard.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 8, 2006, 03:37 PM »
Wow, I didn't know Pirates 3 was coming out next year.  Jeez, that's only, what, a year between the two?

Now that you guys mention it, weren't both shot at the same time?  Or am I thinking of something else?

« Last Edit: November 8, 2006, 03:37 PM by ruiner »

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 8, 2006, 03:39 PM »
Or am I thinking of something else?

A little of both.

Pirates 2 and 3 were shot together.

So were LOTR and Matrix 2 and 3.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 9, 2006, 05:20 PM »
It will also be showing up online at iFilm according to SuperHeroHype.

And the clock is ticking at the site.  ;D

S3 trailer on iFilm

4 hours, 40 minutes to go & ticking!  ;D

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 9, 2006, 10:23 PM »
That was great! Almost as good as the ROTS teaser. I LOVED the shot of Spidey hanging on the building in the symbiote costume, but his reflection was the normal color.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 10, 2006, 08:37 AM »
That was excellent stuff.  Am still interested to see how they explain the arrival of the symbiote and how it picks peter. 

Disappointed to see that the Hobgoblins suit looks an awful lot like that horrible concept drawing.  With the relative realism that they've used so far in designing characters, I certainly didn't expect the pumpkin head and flaming cape, but I don't like this very much at all....that the forearm blades are just too batman.  Sandman, on the other hand, is about as perfect a character design as could be hoped for.

Above everything else, what I love about the Spidey movies is the webswinging.   This is one thing in the comics that I always just had to completely suspend disbelief on - it never actually made sense how it would be possible if I thought too much about it.  The way Rami translates it on screen though is incredible, and completely believable.  I could watch the webswinging all day long.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 10, 2006, 09:42 AM »
I thought the trailer was great as well, but I always get excited for the new Spidey movies.  I really like the classic look they went with on Sandman, and the effects look pretty good to me so far.  Its pretty cool seeing Spidey in the black suit too, even if it isn't exactly as it is in the comics - I can see why they did it the way that they did.  I really can't wait for this movie next May, it looks like another great one from what we've seen so far.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 10, 2006, 10:15 AM »
Looks most excellent.  Can't wait.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't see a shot of Venom.  I'm thinking more and more that's he's only going to be in the movie towards the end, setting up the inevitable sequel (because let's face it, this movie is going to make a ******* ton of money).

Common sense isn't so common

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #130 on: November 10, 2006, 10:25 AM »
(Consider as you read the following that I am a movie fan and not a comic book fan.)

Color me unimpressed.  I loved Spidey 2, but the more I know of the new one, the less enthused I am about it.  My main concern is that, well, it's just too much.  Too many enemies.  Too many love interests.  Just too much stuff going on, in general, like what happened with the Schumacher Bat-films.  It's like everybody knows that this is the last Spidey flick (at least with Tobey), and they're just cramming as much stuff into it as possible.

Was also disappointed to hear about the Sandman/Uncle Ben connection.  I don't know how that's supposed to work, exactly, but convoluted stuff like that is one of my main hang-ups with comics.  And I've never much cared for the symbiote suit/Venom stuff, either--(and I realize this will sound incredibly silly, so feel free to pick me apart over this) it is just way too comic book-y for my tastes.  One of the reasons I loved Spidey 2 so much is Doc Ock--it just felt "real" to me, like that could really happen to somebody, and I don't get that feeling from Sandman or Venom.

I hope I'm wrong, and I'm sure that the action sequences will be amazing (as usual), but I'm just looking less- and less-forward to this.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #131 on: November 10, 2006, 11:17 AM »
My main concern is that, well, it's just too much.  Too many enemies.  Too many love interests.  Just too much stuff going on, in general, like what happened with the Schumacher Bat-films. 

Yeah, that is my one worry about the film too.  It's annoying that Hollywood thinks they have to keep outdoing themselves with each new film.  It's like they have a comic-book movie hand-book that says - "Well, #1 had one villain, and #2 had 2 bad guys, so let's put 3-4 villains in #3!"   ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 10, 2006, 11:31 AM »
I'll give you that (Matt and Jeff).  My other concern is the 'story' with Peter finding his "true" self. 

Again, like Spidey 2, Pete has to deal with other issues that affect his 'performance' as a superhero.  In the sequel, it was about his personal life interfering, now it's the temptation of more power.

The trailer makes the film feel like Spidey 2 - anyone else get that feeling?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #133 on: November 10, 2006, 01:13 PM »
I too have the same fears about there being too much in this film.  I'm also curious to see how they tie Sandman in with Uncle Ben's death...that seemed pretty straight forward to me in the first movie.

I do think that Venom will only be introduced at the end and Spider-Man won't even know about him, sort of like how Harry found all the goblin stuff at the end of Spider-Man 2.

I also think we'll see Tobey play Peter/Spider-Man in Spider-Man 4.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 10, 2006, 01:43 PM »
Is there confirmation of a fourth?

One would think that Tobey doesn't want to be typecast as Spider-Man...