Author Topic: The Spider-Man Movie Series  (Read 122474 times)

Offline tonphanan

• Jedi Initiate
  • " Has anyone seen my wits?"
    • View Profile
Re: The Spider-Man Movie Series
« Reply #195 on: April 15, 2007, 11:04 AM »
I liked the first movie. The second one could have been better, but I never really cared for the Doc Octo. character. The third one looks like it could be good, but there are too many "major" villians for one movie. Between Sandman,Venom and the New Green Goblin that many villians would lend to another movie, but I thought this was the last.
Throw an Ewok at him

Offline BobaMOTSU

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 16, 2007, 06:29 AM »
I'm not too keen on the new Green Goblin outfit.  In the comic, I think his kid take aver afrer the original died, but the outfit was the same.  And the Hobgoblin outfit was stolen, and that guy was possessed by the outfit.  I'm off to work, someone else want to do the foot work and verify this for me please? 
"Think he's after your kyr'bes?"
-Mirta Gev

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 16, 2007, 11:23 AM »
This is what I remember from my Spidey reading in the 80's.

Harry Osborn did briefly go insane and pick up where father Norman left off with the original suit and equipment.

Roderick Kingsley became the original Hobgoblin after somehow coming across the Osborn equipment and formulas.

Somewhere along the line, Ned Leeds came across Kingsley, and was brainwashed into becoming a Hobgoblin stand-in.

Leeds was murdered in Berlin during a hit ordered by Jason Macendale, AKA the Jack-o-Lantern.

Macendale then took over the Hobgoblin identity, and in a deal gone bad with a demon king during the inferno demon invasion, he became the Demogoblin.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 16, 2007, 02:36 PM »
I dunno... I just don't have any desire to even see this movie.  I didn't see the second one either... I thought the first one was ok, but never really got into it.  I prefer Superman.

:P

Blasphemy!

Well, I did think the first one was alright, until the part where the trolley thing is falling, and he holds it up.  Then I just thought it seemed to get too unrealistic.  Up to that part, I was liking it.  But that killed it for me.

Then the second one, just looked too much like the first one.  And I can't stand this guy -

When I look at him, I dunno.  He's just annoying as hell to me for whatever reason, I have no idea why.  And seeing this pic, just makes me sick.

I think the design for the "New Goblin" is just pitiful.  Really lame.

Really though, it seems like there's too many villians in this too like tonphanan pointed out... really the only one I think is that cool is Sandman. 

Keep in mind that I never was into superheros or the Marvel comics as a kid.   ;)

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 17, 2007, 01:37 AM »
Well, I did think the first one was alright, until the part where the trolley thing is falling, and he holds it up.  Then I just thought it seemed to get too unrealistic.  Up to that part, I was liking it.  But that killed it for me.

So the part about the guy being bit by a super spider and then getting powers was realistic???

I've never understood that argument, how ppl dont like a comic book movie because a certain part was unrealistic, its a comic book movie ppl , its all make believe.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 17, 2007, 05:23 PM »
Oh I know none of it was realistic and you have a great point... but the incredible strength sometimes to me gets out of hand.

Like with Superman Returns, I didn't like how he lifted the krypto-rock that was about the size of the moon and threw it into space.  If he can do that... then really there's NOTHING that should ever even be a hint of a challenge to him.

Out of all the superhero movies, my favorite is easily the original Batman.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 17, 2007, 08:07 PM »
Yikes CHEWIE, sorry to hear that.

I just purchased my tickets for Spider-Man 3 opening day, 7:30pm showing. We'll get there and stand in line at about oh say, 5:50pm.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 17, 2007, 08:19 PM »
Sony Pictures has the International release dates, being released at various places around the world on the 1st of May people will be looking for downloads.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #203 on: April 17, 2007, 11:08 PM »

You also need to take into account that the spider for its size is extremely strong, and I mean really really strong.  And spider silk is very very strong aswell, that if it was as thick as a power cord it would be like stronger than steel cables. Sooo...

When you stick it to a human scale..... WOW. So if spider man was real, and if those powers were real, he could stop the speeding trolly.

adam
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 11:10 PM by Smartypants1635 »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 18, 2007, 09:52 AM »
IGN has a number of clips up from Spider-Man 3, they look pretty cool.  I suppose spoilers are present, if you don't want to see anything before the movie.  Only a little over two weeks left now, I can't wait :).

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 18, 2007, 12:32 PM »
If they really wanted to make him that strong, he could have been Ant-Man!   ;D

Note - I'm not ripping on Spidey at all folks.  I always thought he was a great design and very cool.  I am just more of a casual fan, I never owned any Spiderman toys growing up.  It wasn't really on my radar too much... heck, even the Transformer movie that's coming out doesn't excite me all that much, even though I loved them as a kid and still look at the new toys at stores.  The only movie this year that's really excited me is 300.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 12:45 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #206 on: April 18, 2007, 02:19 PM »
I can't wait for the movie, but my only problem is the Goblin's new costume. I think that for Harry, thye should have gone with something more classic. Eithe rmake it more like the Green Goblin or just go with the Hobgoblin look.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 18, 2007, 03:47 PM »
Yeah, the extreme sports theme doesn't really fit Harry's personality / attitude.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 18, 2007, 05:32 PM »
Yeah, the extreme sports theme doesn't really fit Harry's personality / attitude.

I think it's supposed to tie in his affection toward sharp things, with his ninja sword, gauntlet blades, and pumpkin blades. I guess that was insinuated in number 2 when he had a miniature sword to kill Spider-Man when Doc Oc brought him to the mansion.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 18, 2007, 05:43 PM »
I don't get that vibe.

I see a snowboarder.