Author Topic: The Spider-Man Movie Series  (Read 122439 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: The Spider-Man Movie Series
« Reply #210 on: April 19, 2007, 12:33 AM »
With his arsenal, not his "Sky-Stick".

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 19, 2007, 01:19 PM »
Snowboard/skateboard.  Either way, a blatant ploy for subsequent marketing where kids can go and buy either for down the road, bringing in more money for the license.  Go figure. 

In case you can't tell, I think the look is lame as well.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 19, 2007, 01:28 PM »
I hate his hover board, if that helps any. I absolutely adore the original glider. I think had they stuck with that, and given Harry a modified mask, or even the original mask, it would have ruled.

Kevin

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 19, 2007, 09:01 PM »
I hate his hover board, if that helps any. I absolutely adore the original glider. I think had they stuck with that, and given Harry a modified mask, or even the original mask, it would have ruled.

Kevin

I agree with the board. Stupid. And IIRC, didn't he find the orignal mask (or another one) in his father's hidden room?? Forgive me, I haven't seen the movies in a while so I could be off. If so, why didn't he use one of those??

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 20, 2007, 12:09 AM »
Agreed, I think his mask pumps Goblin-Gas into his lungs.

Kevin

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 20, 2007, 10:49 AM »
Agreed, I think his mask pumps Goblin-Gas into his lungs.

Kevin

I'd hate to smell the Goblin-Gas that comes from his backside.  ;)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 20, 2007, 02:50 PM »
It seems that at a LA press junket, Sam Raimi confirmed that Sony is making Spider-Man 4, 5, and 6, although who will be involved is still up in the air.  Personally, I don't especially like it when they "replace" the characters, and also in this case Raimi, but as youthful as Tobey Maguire looks I don't know how it will be by the time 6 would come around.  We'll see I guess.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #217 on: April 20, 2007, 02:59 PM »
It seems that at a LA press junket, Sam Raimi confirmed that Sony is making Spider-Man 4, 5, and 6, although who will be involved is still up in the air.  Personally, I don't especially like it when they "replace" the characters, and also in this case Raimi, but as youthful as Tobey Maguire looks I don't know how it will be by the time 6 would come around.  We'll see I guess.

This is good news in my mind. Depending on the storyline, a little aging could be good.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 20, 2007, 03:03 PM »
I think aging is a must.  Taking Michael Keaton out of Batman and having a new actor each time killed those for me.

:P

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #219 on: April 20, 2007, 03:05 PM »
It seems that at a LA press junket, Sam Raimi confirmed that Sony is making Spider-Man 4, 5, and 6

First, they announce Spider-Man: The Musical with music by Bono and the Edge (seriously, I'm not joking), and now Spidey 4, 5, and 6?  

Man, they are going to milk this cow to the end... I'm not sure I like the idea of so many, but I guess we'll see what happens with the story and everything.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 20, 2007, 03:12 PM »
Yeah, I'm not sure what to think either.  On the one hand, Spidey has been pretty much as "big" to me as Star Wars has ever since my childhood - so that part of me just likes to see more movies.  On the other hand, I don't want to see the quality decline either.  Its kind of like when the prequels came out.  I, like most of us, was so excited for "new Star Wars", but then many came out disappointed because they didn't feel as much like the originals (in some cases).  But, would you rather have not had the prequels at all?  I'm hoping they can keep the cast and Raimi together though, and the quality continues on.  I've really enjoyed them so far, and we have our tickets for 3 ready to go.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 20, 2007, 03:58 PM »
I hope they don't change any of the actors either (or if they leave). I agree with Chewie about Batman... losing Keaton and having Kilmer, then Clooney in the next movie just throws it off... now that they've started Batman afresh let's hope that Christian Bale hangs around. I'm also not a fan of multiple baddies in a movie, especially when they kill off one of them (like Batman).

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 23, 2007, 11:24 AM »
Great movies / series are made in three's.  Anything more than that is overkill.

And on that note, Tobey has already said that he's hesitant to continue with Spider-Man because of the type-casting that has could occur.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 23, 2007, 12:17 PM »
I don't care how many they make as long as I they get my Fav villian, Mysterio in one of them.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 23, 2007, 01:20 PM »
I'm a big Spidey fan like Brian, but I'm not too keen on more movies.  I'm just not sure where they can really go with the story.  For me, Spiderman has always been kind of soap opera-ish and it's the melodrama that makes the character more interesting.  Ben's dead.  It seems Gwen Stacy is an afterthought.  MJ is Pete's love interest from the start. 

Sure, there are tons of villains left, but I just don't know where they can go with three more.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.