Author Topic: The Spider-Man Movie Series  (Read 121728 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: The Spider-Man Movie Series
« Reply #285 on: November 20, 2009, 02:44 PM »
I'm just not a Hathaway fan.

I'm going to throw these two out there;
Ashley Green

Mary Elizabeth Winstead

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 20, 2009, 02:50 PM »
There are better pics of Ashley Greene out there... 'cept we can't post them on here.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #287 on: November 20, 2009, 02:59 PM »
I'm just not a Hathaway fan.

I'm going to throw these two out there;
   E...

Eh... those are B to C-listers.  I think they want a name actor.  It's a shame Scarlett Johansson is already tapped as the Black Widow.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 20, 2009, 05:47 PM »
After seeing the pics from the Babes thread, I take everything back.  Hathaway will be fine as the Cat.  I've never seen her anything that featured her figure so prominently I guess.....she's definitely got the acting chops for it.  And apparently, she's got the tata's too.

This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 20, 2009, 10:28 PM »
She's one of my favorite actresses. She'd work perrrrrfectly.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 22, 2009, 04:36 PM »
I've always been somewhat disappointed in the casting of Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane, since I thought Alicia Witt was far more fitting for the role.  Sadly, Dunst's acting and general lack of enthusiasm in the role of MJ hasn't done anything to quell that initial disappointment. 

Anyway...I really think that Rachel McAdams would be great as Hardy.  While I think Anne Hathaway is a brilliant actress (if you haven't seen "Rachel Getting Married", do yourself a favor and do so; easily her best performance in her still young career), McAdams seems more capable of doing an about-face in character both between roles and within a role.  Anyone worried about her voluptuousness (if that's even a word) should check out the "Sherlock Holmes" trailer to see just how hot she can be. :)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 8, 2009, 12:42 PM »
Looks like Spidey 4 could turn into a total crapfest and be the demise of the series.  Malkovitch as the Vulture and Anne Hathaway as the Vultress.  Those are the rumors.  Hit the link below. WTF?

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=61488

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #292 on: December 8, 2009, 12:49 PM »
The third one was the demise of the series. I still hate how they ruined my favorite villian.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 8, 2009, 01:15 PM »
Looks like Spidey 4 could turn into a total crapfest and be the demise of the series.  Malkovitch as the Vulture and Anne Hathaway as the Vultress.  Those are the rumors.  Hit the link below. WTF?

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=61488

Man, I hope that isn't true.  Especially the "vultress" part.  It is still pretty early on though, and we've heard crazier rumors before tied to superhero (or even Star Wars) movies.  I'm hoping Raimi sticks more with the "classic" stuff that he likes more, at least according to most of his interviews.  Personally, I'm hoping for the Lizard - and if they really need to stick another villain in there, Kraven might fit into the same type of story.  I'm fine with Felicia/Black Cat making an appearance too otherwise.

I agree, Spidey 3 was my least favorite of the trilogy as well.  I can't say I hated it, but there was a lot about it I didn't care for.  I did really like Sandman (and Thomas Haden Church in the role), and didn't even mind Topher Grace playing Eddie Brock/Venom (and Venom looked pretty decent), but it probably should have been held for another movie.  Aside from Venom though, I think I'd rather see more "classic" villains before we go down the Carnage/additional symbiotes route now.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 8, 2009, 02:18 PM »
I'm in favor of Lizard.  They've already established the Curt Connors character with Dylan Baker in two films, why not bring him back?  And I like the idea of Kraven, if you have to have two villains in the film.  Me, personally, I'm happy with one bad guy per film.  Spider-Man 3 was a wreck for most of the film, partly because there were too many plot lines.

Venom should have been the solo villain in a movie, not tacked on.  If they hadn't used him in 3 then 4 should have been his film.  Sandman could have stood on his own in 3 and that would have been fine.

They could also skip Black Cat IMO.  If Dunst doesn't come back as MJ then I'd be all in favor of introducing Felicia Hardy, otherwise, skip her.  Save her for another film, if they do another.  Don't throw **** in just because this might be the last film...which is basically what they did with Venom.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 8, 2009, 03:16 PM »
I just don't like when these movies (Spiderman and the old Batman ones) start throwing in 2 villains in a movie... each villain has a cool backstory and they can't be developed much if they are fitting for screen time with another villain, especially if they kill one of them off.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 8, 2009, 03:30 PM »
I just don't like when these movies (Spiderman and the old Batman ones) start throwing in 2 villains in a movie... each villain has a cool backstory and they can't be developed much if they are fitting for screen time with another villain, especially if they kill one of them off.

Agree with you and e. 

As an aside, didn't they bring in Venom for 3 for pretty much the sole purpose of getting rid of the character because Raimi didn't like the character? 

Also agree there are ample villains without going down the symbiote road.  I think Venom was great in the books, but I started losing interest in the whole Carnage line simply because of the gratuitous slaughter. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 8, 2009, 03:44 PM »
I thought that Venom made it into 3 because Marvel wanted him in.  It wasn't a given that there would be a SM 4 and they wanted Venom on screen so it was now or never.

But, it's been over 2 years since all that was talked about so I could be forgetting something.  Plus, too lazy to read this thread to see if it's in here somewhere.

E...

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 8, 2009, 07:42 PM »
Im in favor of only classic villains in these films but some characters just dont transfer well to the big screen.  I hated the updated look of the Green Goblin and it did not remind me of the comic at all.  The Vulture or Rhino imo wouldnt transfer well either.  Doc Ock, Sandman and Venom all looked good visually, even though none of the films really captured the true comic.   There are only a few great villains left that I would love to see; Kraven, Lizard, Shocker and maybe Mysterio. 

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 9, 2009, 04:12 PM »
I'm fine with the Vulture making an appearance, but casting anyone other than Ben Kingsley in that role would be an epic failure.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.