Author Topic: The Spider-Man Movie Series  (Read 121720 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: The Spider-Man Movie Series
« Reply #435 on: May 5, 2012, 09:32 AM »
New trailer is up! (and will be attached to Avengers this weekend)

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/theamazingspiderman/

I didn't see it at the Avengers movie last night.   ???  Just as well - I'm not a big fan of the Ultimates storylines.  Too bad they are going this route.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: May 7, 2012, 12:49 PM »
Yeah, I talked to some friends who didn't see it either.  Seems to be on a theater by theater basis, for some reason.  We were able to see both Spidey and TDKR with our showing of Avengers.

From what I understand, it isn't necessarily a straight "ultimate" version of the story, although it may have elements from both universes (and maybe some new stuff).  I can't say I'd be any less excited if another Raimi/Maguire version was on the way, but I'm excited since it is a new Spidey movie nonetheless.  What I've seen so far (particularly the recent trailer) has me pretty excited.  I'm sure it isn't going to hang with Avengers/TDKR in terms of money or anything, but I'm still excited for Spidey to hit the big screen again.

Man, I really wish Marvel could get everything "under one roof" again though.  It would be so great to see the cinematic universe crossing over even more with Spidey, Wolverine, Fantastic Four, the X-Men, Daredevil, etc.  It is too bad they couldn't even just work out a cameo or something, but the studios are all too greedy for that it seems.  Not that a movie like Avengers needed more going on, but it would be neat to see that type of "invading army" scenario where heroes are showing up from all over to help out.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #437 on: May 7, 2012, 11:41 PM »
Getting everything under one studio would finally give the Secret Wars movie i have dreamed of. I hate the way they have handled the symbiote last time.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: May 8, 2012, 09:29 AM »
Technically they are under one roof now. Disney. However there are so many contracts that need to expire, it will take a long time before Disney can do something with everyone by themselves. In the mean time Disney just rakes in the licensing money and builds up the DisneyXD channel.
« Last Edit: May 8, 2012, 11:31 AM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: May 8, 2012, 10:27 AM »
Still, wouldn't it have made sense for Sony to allow/encourage the use of the new Spidey in the film if only for a cameo to promote the upcoming film?  I suppose it may confuse people that in Avengers NYC is devastated and then in Spidey it is normal.

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: May 10, 2012, 09:02 AM »
Breaking news on Dr. Connors' hoo-hah.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 10, 2012, 09:17 AM »
I suppose it may confuse people that in Avengers NYC is devastated and then in Spidey it is normal.

I don't think people care enough to be confused between Avengers NYC and Spidey's NYC. They are not reality. They are just movies.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: May 10, 2012, 12:43 PM »
Quite true.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: May 10, 2012, 03:04 PM »
They are not reality. They are just movies.

What?!  Next you'll be saying Santa and the Tooth Fairy aren't real.

Actually, was down near Grand Central today... I was thinking of how many of these buildings were totaled in the movie.  One was across the street from my wife's work.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: May 10, 2012, 06:55 PM »
They are not reality. They are just movies.

What?!  Next you'll be saying Santa and the Tooth Fairy aren't real.

Those are real. I'm just not sure JediMac is real.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: June 6, 2012, 08:58 PM »
There's been a few new clips released this week from the upcoming Amazing Spider-Man:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Wolvie09/news/?a=61128

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=61093

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=61067

I know many aren't super excited for this, but I have to say I'm pretty happy with everything we've seen so far.  Honestly, I'd be excited for just about any Spidey movie that was on the way most likely, but I do like the looks of the cast/story for this one.

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: June 26, 2012, 09:02 PM »
Won tickets to an advance screening tonight, can't wait
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 27, 2012, 08:20 AM »
Just got back from seeing it, awesome, Garfield is a much better Parker/Spidey than Macguire was.
The costume was good, there were some first person shots in it that were pretty cool the CG for Lizard was really good oh and Emma Stone AWESOME!!
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: June 27, 2012, 09:58 AM »
...oh and Emma Stone AWESOME!!

That's the one thing that I had no doubt of about this movie.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: July 3, 2012, 02:59 AM »
Emma Stone in knee highs. Emma Stone doing homework in knee highs.  Emma Stone doing science in knee highs.  Emma Stone reading the phone book...in knee highs.  End of story.   >:D

The Amazing Spider-Man kinda was....amazing. Had issues but overall I may have liked it better than the first SM.  I definitely liked the Spidey part of it...thought Garfield made a better Parker/Spidey than Tobey did and it was just fun.  I don't even want to think about it too hard right now.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"