Collecting > Collections

DARKLORD'S Collection**UPDATE**1/23/11

(1/9) > >>

DARKLORD:
Here are some shots of my collection storage room.  I consider this entire collection LOOSE because virtually all items have been pulled from their packaging and enjoyed.  I just keep the boxes as a way to store and protect the toys from damage afterward.  All action figures (approx. 4,200) are loose and stored in zip lock baggies and are kept in Darth Vader, C-3P0, and vinyl Collector cases...

I began collecting in 1978 and have not stopped since.  I never really fell out of the collecting pattern I established as a kid:  re-enact the Original Trilogy of films with the toys.  To me, that meant armies of troopers, squadrons of ships etc.   As a 43 year old man, I'd say that this Original Trilogy re-enactment fantasy ship has pretty much sailed!  LOL!   Nevertheless, the collection continues to build under those parameters.

This is a mix of some older and more recent photos of my collection...

My Imperial Forces...

I reached 500 Stormtroopers at some point in 2009

DARKLORD:
MAIN CHARACTERS  Organized in Vinyl Cases by Film Episode...

Custom Uncle Owen Lars

Custom Bespin Han Solo

Custom Han Solo Hoth Ourfit

DARKLORD:
Playsets

I really enjoy assembling various Death Star Space Stations together in a HUGE semi-circle playset!  The top floor in particular ends up looking amazingly cool with a bunch of Laser Cannons lined up side by side like a big defensive gun port!

The IMPERIAL FLEET

DARKLORD:
Ready to Crush the Rebels on Endor!!

The REBEL ARMY, REBEL FLEET and BEASTS

BESPIN CLOUD CARS and Jabba

Hasbro's first truly GREAT Big vehicle offering:  The one and only MILLENNIUM FALCON

DARKLORD:
My 6 foot Millennium Falcon Extraordinaire on the day she arrived..

And neatly boxed in my collection storage room.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version