Author Topic: Torchwood?  (Read 8044 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Torchwood?
« Reply #15 on: March 1, 2008, 09:33 AM »
For those who haven't been keeping up, the broadcasted portion of season 2 is findable in Youtube. Outstanding season so far.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 1, 2008, 11:06 AM »
I've really been enjoying this season. I can't wait for the Doctor to come back on tv too.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #17 on: March 1, 2008, 06:49 PM »
I like how Jack lightened up a bit after finaly finding the doctor.
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 4, 2008, 09:46 AM »
Just saw episodes "Adam" and "Reset" last night on tivo. Great episodes. "Adam" was a very sad episode. You really feel for Tosh how she just keeps getting beat up emotionally with every relationship she tries to have. It's neat to see Owen getting a taste of his own medicine from Tosh though.

"Reset" was great to see Martha again even though the whole episode was kind of silly with the giant may flys and the chest buster alien moments. I miss the Doctor.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 5, 2008, 09:12 AM »
You're kind of right about reset, but the concept of curing anything and everything tends to overshadow the questionable choice in monsters for me.

Wait until the next episode.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 5, 2008, 09:49 AM »
I do like the concept of curing anything but at the expense of the aliens. It reminds me of the Doctor Who new Earth hospital with the cat nurses that can cure any disease but a the expense of the people down in the basement.

Besides you can't go wrong with Martha Jones strapped to a table. ;)

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 6, 2008, 07:24 AM »
I must say I was a bit shocked by the ending of the Reset episode.  I can't wait to see what happens this week.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 6, 2008, 09:46 AM »
Just finished the second season. Really good season, but it won't be the same next year.  :(

For those Doctor Who fans, the season premier is supposed to be up on the main site.
« Last Edit: April 6, 2008, 09:48 AM by Darth_Anton »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 6, 2008, 12:18 PM »
Cool. I'll have to check it out. I just finished watching the torchwood about the sideshow people. I've got the current episode on the tivo right now.

Offline Rob L

• Jedi Initiate
  • Timelord
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 6, 2008, 08:40 PM »
Just finished the second season. Really good season, but it won't be the same next year.  :(

Sounds bad :( I'm on catch-up this week so I'll find out what you mean very soon :)
Palitoy...it ain't yellow :)

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 8, 2008, 07:27 AM »
Are there 13 episodes in Season 2?  I just watched episode 11 last night.  I am wondering if a rumor I heard is true if people are saying Season 3 is going to be different.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 8, 2008, 09:44 AM »
Yes, two more episodes on BBCA -  Fragments and Exit Wounds. Lets just say that Spike (Captain John) is back and things change alot in the last episode.

Aren't we suppost to see more of Martha Jones in the first half of the new Torchwood season? Then she will return to Doctor Who during the late second half of season. In the mean time we have to deal with the awful Catherine Tate for the first half of Doctor Who.  Is David Tennant still taking a year off from Doctor Who to do Shakespeare delaying season five?
« Last Edit: April 8, 2008, 09:50 AM by Master_Phruby »

Offline Rob L

• Jedi Initiate
  • Timelord
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 8, 2008, 12:25 PM »
Catherine Tate was the best thing about the season opener imo and is in all 13 episodes with Martha coming back half way through the run.  DT will be in the 3 specials in 2009 but it's not yet known if he'll be in Series 5 (if there is one).

Edit: also saw the end of Torchwood 2: you're not kidding about S3 being different! Probably won't want to watch it now  ;D
« Last Edit: April 8, 2008, 12:28 PM by Rob L »
Palitoy...it ain't yellow :)

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 9, 2008, 07:29 AM »
Yes, two more episodes on BBCA -  Fragments and Exit Wounds. Lets just say that Spike (Captain John) is back and things change alot in the last episode.

Aren't we suppost to see more of Martha Jones in the first half of the new Torchwood season? Then she will return to Doctor Who during the late second half of season. In the mean time we have to deal with the awful Catherine Tate for the first half of Doctor Who.  Is David Tennant still taking a year off from Doctor Who to do Shakespeare delaying season five?

From what I have read, it was always the plan for Doctor Who to take a year off after Season 4.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 9, 2008, 09:18 AM »

From what I have read, it was always the plan for Doctor Who to take a year off after Season 4.

I've heard that as well. Bummer, but as long as we get something (the 2009 specials,) and it comes back, it's all good.