Author Topic: Torchwood?  (Read 8032 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Torchwood?
« Reply #30 on: April 9, 2008, 10:02 AM »
Catherine Tate was the best thing about the season opener imo and is in all 13 episodes with Martha coming back half way through the run.  DT will be in the 3 specials in 2009 but it's not yet known if he'll be in Series 5 (if there is one).

Catherine Tate just hurts my ears to listen to that shrill voice and whinning. I don't know if you've ever seen her show but its just painful to watch. I'd rather watch Freema Agyeman or Billy Pipper.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2008, 12:55 PM »
Just finished the season finally Exit Wounds. I see what Anthony means by there is room on the team for Martha Jones. Very sad ending and one of the best episodes yet. This season has been consistantly great. I can't wait for season 3. It's going to be an all new ball game. I wonder if we will see Captain John Hart more often?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 12:58 PM by Master_Phruby »

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2008, 03:33 PM »
I watched the whole season last weekend. Those episodes were much better than season 1. It seemed like everyone was dieing left and right though :(

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2008, 08:03 PM »
I guess we can say now that Tosh and Owen are killed off. Hopefully Martha Jones will be showing up soon.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2008, 07:15 AM »
Darn Comcast has not put the last episode up On Demand yet...I am wondering what they are waiting for...I don't want to have to hunt this down to watch on the computer.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2008, 08:50 PM »

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2008, 07:25 AM »
here you go, both seasons all for you

Thanks for the link...I had only been able to find torrents and I didn't want to have to go that route.  It was a good episode in my opinion.  I am wondering where they are going to go with the show next season.  I wouldn't mind seeing James Marsters as a regular on the show.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2008, 01:40 PM »
So I hear next season Jack won't be on the show. Martha will replace him. The show gets moved to Doctor Who's time slot and is suppost to be more family friendly for that season. This is all because David Tennant will be on hiatus from Doctor Who for a season while he does Shakespeare. Therefore the fifth season of Doctor Who gets delayed a year. I wonder how this will effect Torchwood's ratings?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2008, 09:55 AM »
I donno. Martha already has two characters to replace, but replacing Jack? I don't think there can be a Torchwood without Jack. But then again, what do I know? Except for the fact that Jack will show up on Doctor Who again before the season is out.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2008, 06:15 PM »
Maybe he goes looking for the Doctor again?

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2008, 07:26 AM »
So I hear next season Jack won't be on the show. Martha will replace him. The show gets moved to Doctor Who's time slot and is suppost to be more family friendly for that season. This is all because David Tennant will be on hiatus from Doctor Who for a season while he does Shakespeare. Therefore the fifth season of Doctor Who gets delayed a year. I wonder how this will effect Torchwood's ratings?

This has been a long standing rumor, but the Doctor Who hiatus has been planned for some time.  I've read that things like this are typical with UK shows.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2008, 10:08 AM »
But why make Jack disappear? They could tone down the sex and violence without making him disappear.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2008, 07:16 AM »
But why make Jack disappear? They could tone down the sex and violence without making him disappear.

That's just it...I don't think they will get rid of him...it wouldn't make any sense with the death's of Tosh and Owen.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 2, 2008, 09:30 AM »
An interesting note, my wife and I started Doctor who from series 1 and just finished episode three, the Charles Dickens episode that takes place in Cardiff on "the rift." The actress who plays Gweneth, the psychic maid, is Gwen from Torchwood. Connection yet too be made?
« Last Edit: July 6, 2008, 09:48 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 2, 2008, 02:04 PM »
This is just like Star Trek reusing actors for different roles. Freema Agyeman played a character in season 2 episode 12 that gets turned into a Cyberman. Then comes season 3 where she returned as Martha Jones. Wouldn't it be great if the two characters are related and she turns out to be somekind of Cyberman spy?