Author Topic: Torchwood?  (Read 8002 times)

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
Re: Torchwood?
« Reply #45 on: July 3, 2008, 04:47 AM »
They are! In the episode introducing Martha Jones she is talking to the doctor and mentions her cousin who died, making reference to the destruction of the tower (that was the front for torchwood tower)

After they killed off Tosh and Owen it was bad enough, but if Jack wont be in Torchwood I really have no desire to watch the show anymore.
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 4, 2008, 11:11 AM »
Tosh is in Episode 4 season 1 as the same character, but more of a doctor. Very cool.

I know they're re-writing some Who history, but I would like to see an explanation of why Torchwood was unable to locate the Doctor while he was working for UNIT.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #47 on: July 5, 2008, 04:27 AM »
A very good point, though while he was working with UNIT he would have been under their protection and that probably kept Torchwood at bay (while they waited their opportunity)
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 6, 2008, 09:48 AM »
An interesting note, my wife and I started Doctor who from series 1 and just finished episode three, the Charles Dickens episode that takes place in Cardiff on "the rift." The actress who plays Gweneth, the psychic maid, is Gwen from Torchwood. Connection yet too be made?

What timing. Connection was mentioned in Journey's End. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2009, 11:46 AM »
Torchwood is back with a five part mini-series for this year. I guess we will finally be losing Captain Jack at the end of the show to make the show more family friendly for next year. I guess not a bad move as long as the stories don't suffer. The story is about Gwen anyway. Maybe Martha will show up? Its starts July 20th on BBC America. I believe it will be shown a little sooner in England. I also hear the Easter Doctor Who special willl be shown around then too on BBC America.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 11:49 AM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2009, 07:52 AM »
Torchwood is back with a five part mini-series for this year. I guess we will finally be losing Captain Jack at the end of the show to make the show more family friendly for next year. I guess not a bad move as long as the stories don't suffer. The story is about Gwen anyway. Maybe Martha will show up? Its starts July 20th on BBC America. I believe it will be shown a little sooner in England. I also hear the Easter Doctor Who special willl be shown around then too on BBC America.

A completely stupid idea to lose Jack...I would disagree that the show is about Gwen, if they ditch Jack it will be since she will be the only original cast member left besides Ianto.  Making it more family friendly will lose its entire audience.  It was never meant to be family friendly.  That is what the Sarah Jane Adventures are for.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2009, 11:33 AM »
Yeah, the show won't be the same without Jack. Weird move.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2009, 10:59 AM »
We just finished watching day 3. Wow. Great stuff. Given what I know already having watched three episodes, I've been warned that the season ends darkly. That warning has really help ramp up the emotional involvement.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2009, 10:54 AM »
Finished day 5. I haven't seen a great deal of British television beyond Dr. Who, Torchwood, Sara Jane and Jeckyll, but damn. This is without a doubt one of the most disturbing television events ever. Both my wife and I wanted to turn away and not watch at least two specific scenes in the last day. You are warned.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2009, 12:54 PM »
Very cool. Can't wait to see it on BBCA.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2009, 05:30 PM »
It was a good miniseries. The part were Jack has to sacrifice his grandson to save everyone was hard to watch as was the military grabbing the kids. Good show and opens it up to either quitting the show completely or starting all over again.

By the way, I wonder who's job it was to clean up the puke that the 456 keep throwing against the windows? It seemed every time they showed the windows they were clean again. Maybe the puppet kid in the gas mask cleans it up?