Author Topic: The "Official" Master Replicas Prop Thread  (Read 101861 times)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: The "Official" Master Replicas Prop Thread
« Reply #420 on: October 22, 2006, 11:57 AM »
I had to pop over to Yodanews.com and check out the rest of the stuff-holy crap - Chewbacca's Bowcaster???   :o

Beth

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 23, 2006, 07:37 AM »
So much stuff, it is making my head hurt.  All this after having to pay for the MF.  I wonder why they are listing the sabers and Biker Scout gun as just CE's.  If they are only CE's, I'll have to pass.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
Master Replicas Star Corps Helmet
« Reply #422 on: November 9, 2006, 10:54 PM »
Sorry I couldn't find the original thread, so somebody'll have to merge it.

Apparently five orders for the Star Corps Helmet were cancelled, and so these are available on SWShop at the moment: http://www.starwars.com/collecting/shop/shopnews/news20061109.html (scroll to the bottom).

There's some other nifty "found items" there too ... I'm debating springing for the CIII bottle opener/keychain/pin set.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: December 6, 2006, 07:12 AM »
Anybody receive their Falcon yet?  I just got my shipping notice I am wondering who is actually shipping this item.  The tracking number was four letters which does not corrispond to any shipping company that I know of.

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: December 6, 2006, 01:59 PM »
Anybody receive their Falcon yet?  I just got my shipping notice I am wondering who is actually shipping this item.  The tracking number was four letters which does not corrispond to any shipping company that I know of.

I read over on RS that Phillip received his by DHL.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: December 6, 2006, 02:34 PM »
No Falcon for me, but I've heard there is a Gree helmet coming down the pipe.  Has this been confirmed?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: December 7, 2006, 07:12 AM »

I read over on RS that Phillip received his by DHL.

I called MR yesterday and they were supposed to call/email me a real tracking number, but I still haven't heard anything as of yet.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: December 28, 2006, 04:21 PM »
Master Replicas Blog updated today with some mighty cool items:

Yoda Force FX Lightsaber
Stormtrooper Episode IV Helmet Limited Edition (previously slated for '06)
Chewbacca Bowcaster Limited Edition
Rebel X-Wing Red 5 Studio Scale Replica
TIE Fighter Episode IV Helmet Scaled Replica

The Bowcaster is, of course, listed above.  And I believe the Yoda FX was widely rumoured. 

Disturbingly those helmets are all incredibly cool though.  I can't see myself passing on the Tie Fighter helmet so there goes $400.  The stormtrooper is very, very tempting too, but with three ROTS clone helmets already (btw thanks Nathan, I pulled the pin when you put up the link for the Star Corps helmet) I'm not sure, even OT purist leanings in place, I'll get it.  The Red 5 helmet too is tempting, but least so of the bunch.  Not sure I want to part with $1200+ :o

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 4, 2007, 07:33 AM »
The new site is up and running.  I just ordered my 2007 membership kit.  The exclusive is a mini Qui-Gon Jinn lightsaber which they are stating is going to be the only version ever made in the mini scale.  No coupons this year, but you get 10% off of all purchases made in the 2007 calendar year.  Also, the old coupon codes are good till the end of March.  You sort have to resign up...seemed more of an update to me.  I have used just about all of my coupon codes, but they come up as available when I checked them.  Not sure if they would work or not.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 4, 2007, 07:36 PM »
Thanks for the update.  I just went and ordered my 2007 kit.  I don't have room for Chewie's bowcaster but I can't imagine passing it up.  Besides....I want a life size droid (if they are still going to make it).
Beth

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 10, 2007, 07:09 AM »
Today (January 10th at 9 AM PST) is preorder day for the next Clone Trooper helmet and Yoda FX saber.  I believe Amy is doing trivia in the forums prior to the preorder time.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: January 17, 2007, 07:21 AM »
Today (January 17th) at 12 PM EST, the Luke Episode V blaster goes up for presale for $499.  From the pictures it is pretty similar in style to the second version of Han's blaster that MR did.  CS members get 10% on all order if you have signed up for 2007 membership.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 30, 2007, 11:50 AM »
I can't find a thread for the full size helmets so I am bumping this one up.  I think I might actually order my first helmet.  I like it and the fact that I could get the ACME picture is the key point in ordering directly from MR. 

Anyone else going for the Stormtrooper helmet??
Beth

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 30, 2007, 12:34 PM »

Anyone else going for the Stormtrooper helmet??

Maybe :-[

I have the Utapau, Shock Trooper and 501st already.  I desperately want the Vader too.  I am inclined to get the Stormtrooper though, given the OT nature of the helmet. 

I can say this much about these though, they're just like really big Riddell helmets, so weigh carefully if you think that's worth the price. 

Offline nitro

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 30, 2007, 12:56 PM »
I'm 50/50 about purchasing the Master Replica's Stormtrooper Helmet. After seeing the latest pics on their site, something looks off about this piece. For the amount of money they are asking for the helmet, it has to absolutely look perfect like it came directly from a Star Wars movie. I don't know if I'm feeling this piece or what. Usually, I like to do my homework before making a purchase. I know Master Replicas does a great job on their stuff. I love the MR Kermit the Frog that they released and was well worth the $200. I've seen the MR Allumium Falcon at a buddy of mines house on display and it looks incredible along with the MR Vader Helmet. Unfortunately, I have reservations about purchasing this piece because I'm not enthused about the pics they've taken of the piece thus far. I might wait things out to see what the final pics look like. If they sell out within that time, then they sell out. It's nothing big...