Author Topic: The "Official" Master Replicas Prop Thread  (Read 101831 times)

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: The "Official" Master Replicas Prop Thread
« Reply #510 on: December 27, 2007, 12:14 PM »
Well, seeing as there was only 1,048 Stormtrooper helmets made instead of the scheduled 2500, did anyone get a notice that they won't be getting their's? Thankfully mine is on it's way already, so I am good to go. I almost ordered one from an AD, but I really wanted the print, so I stuck with MR. Great choice on my part.

The first one is up on eBay already for $800.00!  :o What's even worse is the guy didn't even include the print with it. He sold it for $80.00 separately.
President - Tampa Star Wars Club
Co-Founder - Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance
Administrator - Wedge Collection Engine
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: December 27, 2007, 04:18 PM »
I imagine/hope these will settle out.  I think they'll sell better because they are OT helmets but the prices will come down.  The shock troopers went for as much as $800 at one point but seem to be at or even below retail at this point.  With an edition size over 1000, I'm guessing these will settle down once they're delivered.  I'd still like to get one of these and one of the Vader helmets too.  I could sell all my PT helmets to cover that cost I suppose.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: December 27, 2007, 05:13 PM »
A few minutes ago I thought I would check my tracking number for my Stormtrooper delivery.  On Wednesday it was still labeled as "Left hub in Sacremento, CA" or something to that effect so I was crossing my fingers that it would state tomorrow was still the delivery date.  Imagine my surprise to see it was DELIVERED today!!  CRAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup, delivered to the store room at the paper mill.  The same frickin' place Brent's Gree helmet went to (which turned out okay since I was at work at the time).  Of course, now it is too late to get a hold of anyone since it is closed.  To make matters worse, there is no email from stores to me stating that they have "something with a purchase order number that doesn't match anything in our system".  So, I am patiently waiting for my husband to use his influence to have someone open stores to see if they can find my box.  He told me (and I quote) "What the hell were you thinking...having it delivered to the storeroom?".  I hated to point out that I DIDN'T but it doesn't really matter now. 

UPDATE:  The delivery lady unlocked my office and put it inside and then locked it back up again.  Thank goodness Linda was on delivery duty and knows me  :D
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 08:17 PM by jadesfire »
Beth

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: December 28, 2007, 06:17 PM »
That's great news Beth. Glad you got it all sorted out.

I have an annoying story as well. Mine was scheduled for a December 31st delivery. I too thought I would check my tracking number to see where it was and come to find out, they attempted to deliver it this afternoon....when no one was home! Now I have to wait until the 31st anyway because they don't deliver on the weekends.   :'( I hate the thought of my beautiful helmet getting smashed around in some dirty warehouse when it could have been sitting here on my shelf. You can bet that I'll be sitting outside my house on Monday in a chair waiting for the FedEx guy. I hate that they won't ever leave anything without a signature. That's most inconvenient almost every time. Any other day, there would have been two or three people home, but not today.  :-\
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: December 28, 2007, 08:15 PM »
I feel your pain, Chris.  But the good news is at least ours didn't get cancelled!!

I received #50 and have some quick snapshots below of the helmet along with the Gilcee:

Beth

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: December 29, 2007, 07:33 AM »
Very nice Beth! Thanks for the pictures.  ;D
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: December 31, 2007, 10:37 AM »
Stormtrooper LE Helmet and print #25 has arrived in Tampa, FL! I met the FedEx guy out in the driveway this morning and I know he was wondering why I had such a large smile on my face. Just read the box....it says it all right there!

It's one thing to read about these things, but when you actually get to hold it in your hand and put it on and admire it, it's totally different.

Thank you Master Replicas for making this piece before you were done.
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: December 31, 2007, 03:19 PM »
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: December 31, 2007, 04:39 PM »
Wow-that is one heckuva display!!!  Any ideas on how to display the print?  I was thinking of getting it framed but then I kind of like the way it came.....
Beth

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: December 31, 2007, 08:56 PM »
Wow-that is one heckuva display!!!  Any ideas on how to display the print?  I was thinking of getting it framed but then I kind of like the way it came.....

Thanks Beth.  ;D

I was thinking about framing my picture too, but right now I don't have anywhere to hang it, so it's just sitting behind the helmets there to the right. Eventually, I think I do want to hang it over or beside the Stormtrooper helmet along with two or three Stormtrooper Gentle Giant Mini Busts with each arm variation around the base. That would pay some respect to the almighty Stormtrooper right there.
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #520 on: December 31, 2007, 11:54 PM »
Very cool set-up!  If I were to get into these I think I'd also be in divorce court though!   ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 1, 2008, 12:31 AM »
Very cool set-up!  If I were to get into these I think I'd also be in divorce court though!   ;D

:P

Thanks Matt.
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: January 2, 2008, 07:31 AM »
I was surprised myself by the shipping.  I was used to a next day delivery when the warehouse was in New Jersey, but once they moved it, I figured on a longer time.  I certainly did not expect a next day delivery.  Fortunately, I was on vacation on a delivery day, so mine showed up safe and sound.  Now I will just have to figure out delivery on my last three items.  I hate signature confirmation.

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: January 5, 2008, 06:03 PM »
I got my very first Lightsaber today. I picked a real nice time to get hooked on these and all the awesome Gentle Giant stuff at the same time!  ;)

Episode IV: "A New Hope" Luke Skywalker Lightsaber LE #1535/2000

"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #524 on: January 6, 2008, 01:10 AM »
Nice score JGordon, these all look great and my few are the cornerstone of my collection.  The only one I want that I don't have is the ANH Obi-Wan saber.  They show up on ebay now and then, but I can't afford the cost now.
This is the way.

I have spoken.