Author Topic: The "Official" Master Replicas Prop Thread  (Read 101873 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: The "Official" Master Replicas Thread
« Reply #405 on: June 2, 2006, 05:14 PM »
I received my Obi-Wan plaque today and I'm kind of disappointed with it.  I thought they were re-releasing plaques with your order's edition number along with the final count like the older ones, not just a separate plaque with the final edition number on it.

Oh well, I finally have an extra stand for the AOTC Obi-Wan plaque I have that is displayed in a custom case.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 8, 2006, 08:47 AM »
Well, my last two plaques (Obi and Anakin) went to the place I use to work when I lived in Michigan (so much for the reassurance from MR that they would definately be sent to Ohio ::) ).

I'll probably just store them in the original sabers boxes since I think one plaque stand per saber is enough.
Beth

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 12, 2006, 12:32 PM »
Just got my membership card in the mail.  Anyone else get their 2006 one yet?  I assume it was sent seperate since it has my name on it and since they royally screwed up the helmet plaques, sending out my collector society kit with the correct membership card would be a complete disaster.

As for those that ordered the helmets and received them, did you get your original plaque??
Beth

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 12, 2006, 02:10 PM »
I might be the only person around here that ordered a helmet.  So no, I received neither the helmets nor the plaques, so hopefully both show up when they're supposed to ( a full year after the initially planned release). 

Thankfully/unfortunately I never did get the Vader, so I never had any problems, but I also don't own it :-\

I have the shock trooper on order with EE and picked up the 501st about a year ago on ebay.  Fortunately the seller is also an authorized dealer and has kept in pretty regular touch over the item as well.  Still makes me nervous though, waiting this long. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 27, 2006, 07:23 AM »
I received another plaque yesterday.  It was for the ESB Han blaster; edition size 3,000.  That just leaves the Vader helmet and hopefully this craziness will be finished.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 28, 2006, 01:45 PM »
So that's the plaque that is waiting for me back in Michigan.  I just got an email from my girlfriend at my old office stating I had another small MR package and I was too lazy to look up what one this should be. 

Anyone ordering the "new" Han Solo blaster?   ::)
Beth

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 29, 2006, 07:29 AM »
So that's the plaque that is waiting for me back in Michigan.  I just got an email from my girlfriend at my old office stating I had another small MR package and I was too lazy to look up what one this should be. 

Anyone ordering the "new" Han Solo blaster?   ::)

I ordered it just because he is my favorite character.  Otherwise I would have passed since I have the old ANH one.  I guess the price isn't too bad since they are still selling the ESB version for $499.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: June 30, 2006, 07:27 AM »
Ok, I missed one...I got my Darth Vader Ep. III saber second plaque yesterday.  Also, the Y-Wing came without an edition size.  Hopefully since it was up for preorder before the Qui Gon Jinn saber they aren't going to continue this trend.  Also, the turret part is separate from the base...I've seen any instructions or anything, but it does not look as if it can cover the post that the Y-wing rests on.  Anybody find anything different with this thing?

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: The "Official" Master Replicas Prop Thread
« Reply #413 on: July 22, 2006, 08:59 AM »
I got this picutre from Galactic Hunter:  She sure is a beauty but well over $2,000 and with Harrison Ford's autograph pushing it close to $3,000 - I'll stick with my plans for a life size droid instead. If they'd have gotten his autograph on a blaster...well, that would have been a different story!!

Beth

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 25, 2006, 01:30 PM »
I don't collect props, but why are there two higher end Falcons out?  Code 3 has theirs and now MR?

Is there a big difference in size or detail?

« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 01:30 PM by ruiner »

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 26, 2006, 07:19 AM »
I don't collect props, but why are there two higher end Falcons out?  Code 3 has theirs and now MR?

Is there a big difference in size or detail?

The MR version is about three feet across.  The Code 3 one is around 12" or so.

Offline kirk_dougall

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.generationxmodels.co.uk
« Reply #416 on: July 28, 2006, 03:53 PM »
The Signed edition is £500 more than the regular edition.
The U.K Price looks like its going to be around £2750 - £3000!!!! for the Regular and around £3250 - £3500 for the signed edition.... oh well....
http://www.generationxmodels.co.uk
U.K Stockist of Sideshow, Gentle Giant, Master Replicas and Kotobukiya.

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 29, 2006, 01:12 PM »
Hey everybody...

Been a long time since I've been here, but wanted to ask for your help. A fellow prop collector over at Rebelscum has fallen quite ill:

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=25&Number=2046758&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=93&fpart=1#2046758

Master Replicas has kindly donated a YWing replica to be raffled off, with all of the proceeds going to help pay medical bills, etc. This isnt just a great opportunity to win a cool and expensive replica, but to help out a fellow Star Wars fan and prop collector.

Details can be found here:

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2051693&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#Post2055244#2051693

Thanks everybody, and spread the word!
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 22, 2006, 05:57 AM »
Some new MR Sabers in the works. Along with a Biker Scout pistol.

I remember my dream now.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 22, 2006, 11:49 AM »
Interesting.

I already have Mara's from Jeff Parks and Obi-Wan's so that only leaves Ki-Adi Mundi's.  SInce I have already started to downsize my collection, I doubt if I will be picking up anything else but I am sure there will be a lot of happy people over Mundi's and the Biker Scout pistol.
Beth