Author Topic: The "Official" Master Replicas Prop Thread  (Read 102369 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: The "Official" Master Replicas Prop Thread
« Reply #435 on: April 30, 2007, 01:11 PM »
I agree, the shape is off a bit to my eye.  But it might be a benefit to me, I can't put the PT helmets on my head comfortably, my schnoz presses against the front (my head's a little bigger than most, I reckon).  The shape of the stormtrooper appeals for just that reason - it's off and looks roomier out front ;)

Is this helmet limited at all?  I mean other than the giclee that comes with the first 500 orders?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline nitro

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: April 30, 2007, 03:20 PM »

Is this helmet limited at all?  I mean other than the giclee that comes with the first 500 orders?

Yup..it's limited to 2500 pieces. The first 500 get the gilcee or whatever it is.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 30, 2007, 05:52 PM »
Well, I ordered it.  I haven't a clue if anything is off, it looks like a stormtrooper helmet to me and that's all that really matters.  Besides...I figure I get the print and I got 10% off and if I don't like what I see at C4, then I can cancel it.  I think 2500 is a bit large of a run so if you don't really want the print, I am thinking you can save around $100.00 down the road....

(my head's a little bigger than most, I reckon)?

And being the sweetie that I am, I am not going to say anything at all  :-*
Beth

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: May 1, 2007, 07:08 AM »
I ordered one as well.  I am hoping it turns out to be a good piece.  I think it will go well with my Vader helmet.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: May 15, 2007, 06:45 PM »
I cannot believe what I just read in the forums at MR.... :'(

Master Replica will no longer have the Lucasfilm license
Beth

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #440 on: May 15, 2007, 07:16 PM »
Woah.  That's indeed some huge news right there.  They couldn't reach a reasonable new deal with Lucasfilm, it appears, after their license expires at the end of this year...  I'm assuming someone else is going to be given the lucrative prop replica license now, provided the two don't make amends by year's end.  Are there any other large replica companies like them?  I have no idea what other players are out there in this type of market.

Thanks for the head's up, Beth.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 15, 2007, 07:32 PM »
Noble Collection had Lord of the Ring stuff.  I never bought any of it but it didn't look that bad....I do know some people bought the stuff and didn't care for it.

I have Arwen's sword from United Cutlery and love it!  I don't know if Star Wars is something they would jump on though....
Beth

Offline nitro

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: May 15, 2007, 07:59 PM »
I was saddened to see the news. I just got into some of their Star Wars items. I bought my first and only Force FX saber last year around Christmas and thought it was so cool. I eventually got into the .45 scale lightsaber line because they were fun to collect and inexpensive. I was thinking about picking a couple high end pieces this year. But now with the news, the products can go either way...people will be clamoring for these before the product disappears for good or people will back off completely on the products expecting huge clearance prices in the same vein as Code 3 and other companies that had (and lost the Lucasfilm license)....

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: May 15, 2007, 08:24 PM »
 >:( IT Sucks! I was really hopin' for a Qui-Gon Fx :P
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline nitro

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: May 15, 2007, 08:37 PM »
>:( IT Sucks! I was really hopin' for a Qui-Gon Fx :P

Haha...I was actually waiting for that along with the FX for Sidious & Dooku for next year...

Sadly, it's not gonna happen now  :(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #445 on: May 15, 2007, 09:26 PM »
From an FX Saber fan's perspective, it sorta sucks...  However I have a feeling someone else will pick up the ability to make these, at the very least, if not all the other stuff MR made that nobody was really buying much.

I love their stuff but it's so cost prohibitive.    I wanted that AT-AT and Y-Wing like you wouldn't believe, but not at the price of a decent running used car.

I'll just pick up the last of the FX Sabers I want over time and move on now I guess.  It at least lets me know that the ones that are out are the best there will be at this point.

I'm not shocked though, and actually thought that Corgi might drop the SW license.  With the cost the license must have tagged onto it, a company like Corgi probably viewed it as nothing but a lot of fat that needed trimmed from their costs in general.  I was thinking when Corgi bought them out that MR's days were numbered, or at the very least they were going to drop most everything but the really popular and easy sell, like the FX Sabers. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: May 16, 2007, 07:03 AM »
Even by their own admission, Corgi are idiots.  Why would you give up 20% of your business?  Did they merge with MR just to kill them off?  I would think this would severely effect MR's bottom line.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: May 16, 2007, 08:30 AM »
From an FX Saber fan's perspective, it sorta sucks...  However I have a feeling someone else will pick up the ability to make these, at the very least, if not all the other stuff MR made that nobody was really buying much.

I really hope you are right and someone else is going to pick these up...  I also wonder if they are going to halt production all together or if they are going to continue with the FX sabers that were still slated for this year (Obi-Wan EPII, Build-Your-Own FX Saber)?  I was really looking forward to the Obi-Wan later this year, and like everyone else, hoping they were going to make the Qui-Gon, Sidious, and Dooku sabers at some point.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 16, 2007, 09:40 AM »
Kind of surprising news, although I wondered if anything would be changing when Corgi took over.  It kind of stinks, but I'm sure replicas will turn up elsewhere at some point.  This line (or lines) is something I've pretty much had to "admire from afar" due to budget, but it looks like it was one of the most well-done lines out there for Star Wars.  I always wanted to get a Luke FX saber before it was all said and done, so I hope to do that this year at some point.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #449 on: May 16, 2007, 09:53 AM »
Considering it would seem the .45 sabers have had their run (without going into EU), the only pain I get from this is ... FX stuff.

I was so hoping for a Mara Jade or a redone Mace... Just to add the color done right to my set...  :'(