Author Topic: The "Official" Master Replicas Prop Thread  (Read 101857 times)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
MR Signature Edition Mace Windu Saber
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2003, 09:33 AM »
Just got an email stating that it will be shipping this week.  I am in flight one so I hope it gets here before next Tuesday or my review will have to wait until I get back from Dragon-con.  I am extremely excited to receive this particular saber due to the gold and silver trim.  I also like the new signature plaque (eliminates those nasty, smudgy fingerprints).

Beth

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
MR Jango Blasters
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2003, 09:39 AM »
Well, I figured I'd start this thread and hope that we can get a lively prop section going here.  Marz distributor posted pictures of these on their web site and stated that they will be available to order in October at a price of $450.00 per set.  No word from MR yet and no idea what type of case will be offered.  I like the offer but wish it was for one only.  If you wanted the pair, you could order two.  The down side of spliting the order is the case issue.  Who would get it?  Who would get the storage box if they were shipped together?  Lots of questions still up in the air and hopefully when I see MR at Dragon-con, I'll have more information to post here when I get back.  (or MR will make the announcement by then).

Jango Blasters
« Last Edit: August 19, 2003, 09:40 AM by jadesfire »
Beth

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: MR Jango Blasters
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2003, 12:59 AM »
Break up the price in such a way that whoever doesn't get the case can buy/have made a custom case?  $200 and $249 or so.  Is $49 enough for a custom case?  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2003, 06:42 PM »
Those are very cool, but at that high price tag I don't think these will be part of my collection anytime soon.
dustrho

Offline boba_jp

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Slave1
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2003, 09:42 AM »
As for the details, it isn't decided.
But, such a Pic is introduced to the public in the Japanese Store.
A case may be attached.

http://www.event.co.jp/shop/sale6.htm

« Last Edit: September 6, 2003, 12:20 PM by boba_jp »
-------
Boba Fett Collection Site "Slave1"

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: MR Signature Edition Mace Windu Saber
« Reply #50 on: September 1, 2003, 09:28 PM »
Here's the pictures I promised:

Mace Windu Signature Saber

Saber picture 2
Beth

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Master Replicas Thermal Detonator
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2003, 12:31 PM »
I'm really fighting with myself over this. On one hand, it would provide hours of enjoyment as I demand a raise holding a blinking and beeping thermal detonator, on the other, its $200 for something that doesn't really do much. It looks really cool, but its expensive.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Re: Master Replicas Thermal Detonator
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2003, 01:52 PM »
I take it you dont collect any of the other props?  ;D

This is the cheapest, and most "active" Star Wars prop from Master Replicas (FX editions dont count as props).

I do understand your concerns though.

I've been very happy with every Star Wars prop from MR so far. Although, Im not a big fan of Signature Editions anymore. So, if anyone out there has a regular limited edition Luke ESB or Darth Maul saber, email me if you'd like to trade it for a signature edition! :)
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2003, 09:00 PM »
So far I have bought many MR replicas and I am very happy with them.
I have passed on the Empeor Cane when I heard about the T-Det arrivng just after. Now I am still deciding if I want to get this replica or not. I have been trying to make my own for a while now but I am not happy with it. Maybe, I do not know when I just may break down and get this item.

Who knows... it is a nice piece anyways.

For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #54 on: March 2, 2004, 05:48 PM »
I went ahead and bought this prop. I gave up on  making my own.
It is very nice, I am amazed on the size. Musch smaller than I thought.  I like the lights and sounds. I would recomend this item.

Now that I have this prop. I am amazed how off I was on the version I was trying to create. My version was about 3/4" larger.

Anyways it is a nice piece.

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
M.R. Anakin Skywalker Lightsaber
« Reply #55 on: March 6, 2004, 06:12 PM »
Well this afternoon I had a family get together for my 26th birthday which is tomorrow (3/7/78).
I received some items for my birthday but my most favorite is what my parents got me without me even knowing they ordered it. My parents got me the Master Replica LE Anakin Skywalker lightsaber from Episode 2.
...and they complain that I have too much Star Wars stuff.

It is a heavy piece. Heavier than the previous MR lightsabers. The size is also much smaller in diameter than I remember much like the Count Dooku saber. But when I think about the saber on display at C2 yeah it is accurate in size.

The grips on the hilt of the saber are made of rubber so they are a bit soft. Not like the plastic grips used on the other sabers. That is my only concern of this saber.

Also I noticed that the saber shown in the E2 Visual Dictionary is WRONG. The image in the book is mirror imaged so the little LEDS are on the wrong side of the saber. So if anyone recreated this saber using the image in the Visual Dictionary their saber is wrong.

Anyways. The saber is nice. It looks good in my saber case. Yes I pack the display cases that come with the sabers away. I now have all the main character lightsabers plus a Lego Saber replica.  Take a look.

I think I have all the lightsabers that I want from Star Wars unless there is a new one used in E3 by a main character that has not been seen yet.  :-X  Then if it is availabe I will get that one. As far as I am concerned the lightsabers for Obi-Wan and Anakin in E3 are the same as the ones used in E4+ just with a different belt attachment. They are basically the same sabers so I will not go for those.

So does anyone else have this saber? What do you think?

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: M.R. Anakin Skywalker Lightsaber
« Reply #56 on: March 6, 2004, 06:23 PM »
What a great gift!!!  I also have this saber and I think it's fantastic.  I love the shine but was surprised at its size too.  
I'm curious if you attached the plaques directly to the board or if you kept the wax covers on and used some type of tape.  I think your display is pretty unique and sure saves a lot of space!!

I'm hopeful that one day MR will make Qui-Gon's saber, it really is the only left that I HAVE to have.  ;)

PS:  Happy Birthday!!!
Beth

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 6, 2004, 09:05 PM »
Happy Birthday David!

Congrats on an awesome gift, very cool indeed! I'm hoping mine will arrive soon, Im getting quite anxious for it
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline [DSS]Pedr0

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • DarkSideNet Forums
« Reply #58 on: March 7, 2004, 02:01 AM »
How did you make that LEGO replica??? That is so COOL!!  :o

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile