Author Topic: TRU Bantha Battle Pack  (Read 41267 times)

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
TRU Bantha Battle Pack
« on: November 10, 2006, 01:49 AM »
RS has said a Bantha has shown up in the TRU computer & soemone over at YF said both a Rancor & Banth are coming out to TRU next year, he said a friend from Hasbro Germany said that. Any speculation? I'd buy both, never got the POTF 2 versions.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 09:43 PM by Jeff »
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Re: TRU exclusive Bantha & Rancor?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 01:50 AM »
Depends on the price tag. Both of these were $30 bucks back in the POTF2 days. They'd have to do something really special for it to be any higher.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 02:02 AM »
Oh **** yes.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 08:48 AM »
For the Bantha...I've got this Army or "Tribe" of VTSC Sand People....so I'd probably snag 2 or 3...yes I know they are $45 a piece.  I had the POTF2 one, but sold it in a "Purge"....now that I have these cool Sand People...I need it back and Ebay right now the cheapest is $60.

The Rancor, I might snag too...but less likely since I don't have an Army of Rancor Keepers...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 09:17 AM »
I really hope this happens, particularly the Bantha.  Even though the rumored price is $45, I never got one in the POTF2 days and I've been hoping to pick one up.  I've been holding off waiting for a re-release, so hopefully we'll see this at TRU next year.  I picked up some Tuskens on clearance hoping I'd have a Bantha to go with them eventually.  I have a hand-me-down Rancor from my brother, so if we saw a new one it would have to be a spiffy repaint or a good price for me to pick it up most likely.  I'm kind of glad to see these OT beasts possibly returning to retail though, I always felt the "beasts" were one of the cool drawing points from the OT (even in the vintage days).  Big monsters :).

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2006, 11:40 AM »
The Bantha was one of the best items from the POTF2 line. Not only is this one of the few items that should be re-released, it's long over due.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2006, 11:43 AM »
The Bantha was one of the best items from the POTF2 line. Not only is this one of the few items that should be re-released, it's long over due.

:o
never got any, want two to put my two vtsc sand people on.  ;D
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2006, 01:27 PM »
I have one and might get a second if I can get it cheap enough.  It really had better come with a VTSC Tusken (or two) of course.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2006, 01:37 PM »
It should come with a VTSC Tusken w/ ball-joint legs. It'll probally come with the POTJ Tusken. ::)
The Rancor should come with a TSC Luke w/ re-painted hand & a bone or the keeper. It'll probally come with Final Duel Saga 1 Monkey Luke.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2006, 02:06 PM »
For the Bantha...I've got this Army or "Tribe" of VTSC Sand People....so I'd probably snag 2 or 3...yes I know they are $45 a piece.  I had the POTF2 one, but sold it in a "Purge"....now that I have these cool Sand People...I need it back and Ebay right now the cheapest is $60.

The Rancor, I might snag too...but less likely since I don't have an Army of Rancor Keepers...

And that's pretty much the way it was when it first came out in 1996 or 1997 or whenever it was.  The banthas would fly like hot cakes and I'd see a brick wall of rancors left on the bottom shelf of TRU.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2006, 02:21 PM »
I did not hear anything about the Rancor but the POTF2 one looks like a grilled sausage. I would really want a resculpt on that one to look more real. That sculpt is too 90's style.
The Bantha is great I always regretted just bying one of them. I hope its refreshed deco, that will be the deciding factor. I blows we get stuck paying the $45 but if its a VOTC tusken x2 then its a good buy.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2006, 06:23 PM »

Agreed. The price is high, but this is a good item. One of the best of the modern line period.

Man Toys R Us is gouging the exclusives. Of course Target is setting a new bar with their line of 13.00 figures as well....

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2006, 06:55 PM »
I bet it'll be packed out like the Luke/Dagobah X-wing.  We'll get the Bantha, a VOTC raider with ball jointed legs, and some other little things.  Maybe a Tusken female/kid, or one of those "massif" dogs, or whatever they were called.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2006, 07:59 PM »
I have several Bantha from the great clearances of 99 and a rancor so I am set.  Unless this bantha is cheap, can **** and clean after itself, I am good.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2006, 10:48 PM »
I got mine on clearance, too.  They sat for a long while and it surpriises me that so many people missed out on them.  Maybe it was a distribution thing.