Author Topic: LEGO Sales and Deals  (Read 92657 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: LEGO Sale
« Reply #75 on: November 22, 2012, 12:29 AM »
Rob - are you a Lego VIP member?  If you're planning to buy online or at Legoland, that's a great way to save some money.  Everything you buy direct gets you points, which are redemable for cash off future sets.  They have periodic specials like double points as well. 

If you're looking for current sets, I would hold out for some of the TRU sales.  They often have buy one get one 50% off.  Even if the set is priced a little higher than other stores, that usually nets some nice savings if you're buying two big sets.  Good luck - hope you can find some good deals!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 22, 2012, 07:13 PM »
LEGO VIP is an AWESOME deal, as every dollar you spend gains you a point, and for every 100 points you get you get a $5 off coupon you can use whenever. The only negative is that you're limited to buying from LEGO's website or LEGO Stores, and they don't put much on sale like brick and mortar stores do. But the points add up quick. I bought the UCS R2-D2 in May and that was almost $200, and with some Marvel stuff I bought, I have $10 waiting to be used.

As for getting old sets, it's tough, because once a set goes out of production it's pretty much gone forever and if you missed out, prepare to pay a bundle. So you're pretty much SOL on those.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2012, 11:48 AM »
Thanks guys.  I'll look into that too.  I checked Walmart, Target, and TRU this weekend just to get a feel of what's going on and what the prices are like... the TRU I went into was much more expensive than the other stores.  I was surprised by how much variation I found.  Sets that were $12.99 on Amazon were $16.49 at TRU... things like the Skiff that is $19.97 on Amazon, was $24.99 at Target, and $32 at TRU.  I bought the TIE Fighter at Walmart for $34.99 - it's $59.99 on TRU's their website and that's Amazon's price too).

So yeah, I'm surprised by the extreme variation here.  Maybe I stumbled into sales for the big shopping holiday?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 11:59 AM by Rob »

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2012, 01:18 PM »
TRU always mark their prices on Lego above MSRP.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 4, 2012, 12:40 PM »
TIE Fighter on sale for $34.99 at Target and Wal-Mart this week... of course every store is sold out here. ::)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 4, 2012, 01:17 PM »
Target has it in stock online...should still be free shipping and 5% off with your redcard (if you have one)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 13, 2012, 11:36 AM »
Amazon 20% off Toys up to $100 with Amazon Visa
Just got an email with this promo, good Dec 12-16 at Amazon.

Amazon.com Message

1. Add eligible Toys & Games to your cart.

2. Select your Amazon.com Rewards Visa Card as your payment method at checkout.

3. Enter promo code TOY20OFF in the "Gift Cards & Promotional Codes" box. You will see "Promotion Applied" in your Order Summary.

Limit one discount per customer. Maximum discount applied will be $20 on qualifying products sold by Amazon.com.

I used this to lower LEGO Harry Potter Diagon Alley 10217 down to $128.97 and I also had $10 in Amazon rewards to use. I rarely use my Amazon card.

I managed to pick up Jabba's Palace for $79.99 total. 

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #82 on: December 13, 2012, 04:23 PM »
Thanks for the headsup...just got the SSD for $289 :o

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 13, 2012, 04:29 PM »
Well I hope you ordered through Amazon and gave Jeff some cash for it...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #84 on: December 13, 2012, 05:14 PM »
Remember you owe me $1 and Jeff $9 for the years of fun we have been providing you

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 13, 2012, 05:30 PM »
Thanks for the headsup...just got the SSD for $289 :o

Dayum.  Nice work.  I paid $320 for that guy a few weeks ago and thought I was doing well.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 16, 2012, 02:10 AM »
Various sets on clearance at Target... Series 1 of the Planet/Figure/Mini Ship sets at varying prices. I snagged the Death Star and Tatooine at $6.99 and $4.99 respectively, no sign of Naboo. I also saw other clearance stickers in random places in the LEGO aisle but they were really picked over.

I'm guessing stock and prices will vary by store.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #87 on: May 1, 2013, 01:30 PM »
LEGO Buy One, Get One 20% Off Sale @ Entertainment Earth.

This legal text goes with the sale, but that September 30 end date has got to be a typo methinks... :P

Official Rules: Offer valid on new orders placed on the Entertainment Earth website between May 1, 2013 and September 30, 2013. Order must include at least 2 LEGO items. For every LEGO item that is ordered, client will receive 1 additional LEGO item for 20% off. If a client orders 4 LEGO items, they will get the 2 lowest price LEGO items for 20% off. Backorders will be issued for this offer. Not applicable to previously purchased merchandise. This offer does not apply to EE Distribution orders. This offer cannot be used with any other offer. Offer may be modified or cancelled at any time. For a full list of LEGO products
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 3, 2013, 06:58 AM »
Apparently LEGO Shop and LEGO Stores will have deals on Saturday for May the Fourth. Rumor is the UCS B-Wing is 50% off.

EDIT: Discounts Confirmed

50% OFF
-- UCS B-Wing

20% OFF
-- All Keychains

10% OFF
-- A-Wing
-- Pre Vizsla Fighter
-- Anakin's Jedi Interceptor
-- Jabba's Palace
-- Cloud Car/Bespin Planet Set
-- Clones vs. Commando Droids BP
-- Skiff
-- Geonosian Cannon
-- Sith Fury Class Interceptor
-- AT-ST/Endor Planet Set
-- X-Wing/Yavin Planet Set
-- Various Watches and Clocks
« Last Edit: May 3, 2013, 09:59 AM by Diddly »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 3, 2013, 12:22 PM »
That's a great price for the B-Wing, but I was hoping for a better deal on the rest of the stuff.  I suppose 10% off plus VIP points plus Hoth Han is still a pretty good deal, but still not sure if I'll pull the trigger on this one.  Any advantage to going in store versus buying online?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today