Author Topic: Looking for ADVICE on selling a collection...  (Read 3574 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for ADVICE on selling a collection...
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2006, 08:45 PM »
Everyone should consider that - any massive donations from me won't happen until next holiday season though.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2006, 09:06 PM »
Donating to a charitable cause for Christmas to make any child happy is the way to go. This year I'm dumpimg a bit of my modern crap to Santas Anonymous at TRU.  :-*

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2006, 10:21 PM »
Donating to a charitable cause for Christmas to make any child happy is the way to go. This year I'm dumpimg a bit of my modern crap to Santas Anonymous at TRU.  :-*

As long as you don't donate that avatar of your's, I'm all for it.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2006, 10:26 PM »
No worries, the avatar stays.  ;)

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2006, 10:50 PM »
You could donate the avatar to me this Christmas...

That's not your sister, though, is it? I wouldn't want to impede on any family traditions.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2006, 06:04 AM »
I downsized my carded collection. I started off selling most of it on forum boards then took the ones that didnt get any interest to ebay and the ones I don't sell on there will be going to Toys For Tots this year.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2006, 08:23 AM »
Rob, I have sold just about all of my modern stuff in the past couple of years. With the exception of one botched transaction for Ep I stuff, everything went pretty smooth.

I divided all my stuff into lines, POTF2, Ep I, POTJ, and Saga.  The Saga went first when I was selling followed by POTJ, POTF2, and Ep I, which I still have now.  I sold all of the stuff on eBay, knowing I wouldn't get all my money back, but happy to get something for it and get it out of my house.  If you want to sell fastest, put an entire line on ebay with a decent BIN and you may get some people to bite.

Otherwise, I suggest do as someone else (Bill maybe?) suggested and divide the stuff into lots of 10-20 or just donate some of them to a kids program for Christmas.  I'll be donating much of my Ep I to the Marine Corps Toys for Tots.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2006, 09:04 AM »
I say hell with it, Rob.  You don't have anything to lose by throwing the whole kit and kaboodle up there on eBay for $3000 or whatever.  Maybe some rich dude will want to give himself a Christmas present.

If it doesn't work out, you lose the listing fee (I haven't eBayed anything for awhile, so I don't know what that's climbed to), and you can go back and get rid of things by individual figure or lot by lot.

I also had an accumulation of a bunch of carded stuff I didn't want anymore, but I just hate the eBay process so much that I gave it all to the son of the lady who cleaned our offices.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2006, 02:00 PM »
As horrible as it may sound I'm just going to get rid of a lot on an upcoming garage sale for dirt cheap.  We are moving in January/February and a lot must go since we are going to a smaller home.  Plus, I'm tired of having a bunch of "stuff" sitting around.