Author Topic: 30AC Saga Legends  (Read 144503 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: 2007 Saga Legends
« Reply #270 on: April 20, 2007, 07:24 AM »
I'm happy that each character is not getting it's own coin. That's about the most positive thing I can say about this line.

AMEN to that DA.  I'll get a few of these for sure, but the annual rehash waves are getting very very old.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #271 on: April 20, 2007, 09:33 PM »
The cards look gorgeous.  But I'm not paying 7 a pop for fancy cards.  Wanted the BD's, but now I'm not sure... we'll see.  May have to get one of those clean clones though.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #272 on: April 21, 2007, 07:09 AM »
I plan to get those that were not previously offered solo on a card. I think it works out that that will get me on eof each coin too.  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 21, 2007, 11:46 AM »
I'm surprised they actually made the ROTS clone all clean.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 21, 2007, 03:04 PM »
Is it true that these figures are not numbered and not included in the 60 figues comprising 30 AC?
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #275 on: April 21, 2007, 03:44 PM »
I'm happy that each character is not getting it's own coin. That's about the most positive thing I can say about this line.

I'd agree with that...  I didn't expect them too though and since they don't have their own coins I'm guessing they're not #'d part of the 60 either (or I'm confused), like the Legends lines of the past have been.

I'm still irked on those BD's...  THe E1 sculpt is better.  That's frustrating.  Plus, how the hell can E1 sculpts stand but ROTS sculpts and Saga 02 cannot?  It's one of those things where you'll never get a truthful answer on it.  Given the SBD's redo, I think it's time a BD gets a new groove and is made of sturdy plastic.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 21, 2007, 04:52 PM »
RS has added new pics of the Shocktrooper and AOTC Clone (same link as above). Looks like they'll be the only ones I'll buy multiples of, and hopefully they won't be too hard to find, specifically the AOTC Clone. It's about time that figure has had a single card rerelease.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 21, 2007, 04:59 PM »
It was originally released in the Clone Wars line. The other AOTC clones have not been on a basic card. (The TSC green AOTC clone didn't have the stripe on the head)
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 22, 2007, 12:16 AM »
I have very mixed feelings about the Battle Droids.  From a deco standpoint they look good.  But that sculpt has proven to be so flimsy that it's become a liability.  But what to do?

The EPISODE I Battle Droid is cool, but it suffers from only being displayed well in a couple of poses.  It makes the figure very boring and somewhat unrealistic.  Still, it's very sturdy and it's held up well since it was released in 1999.

The SAGA Battle Droid was a much more dynamic, combat oriented sculpt.  And I think a lot of people were looking forward to it in 2002.  But then they got them and found that over time they were keeling over under their own weight with limbs bending.

So which one to choose?  It seems that Hasbro thinks that the latter is better, as long they can get the plastic to be somewhat more sturdy.  It still hasn't really worked out that way.  I think it *MIGHT* be possible to add some more articulation to the EPISODE I sculpt, but it would be dicey.  Can that sculpt support the addition of ankle joints?  Or what about shoulder joints more like those on the current Super Battle Droid?  Better articulated elbows would be needed too, but I don't know how Hasbro could make that work on a figure with such a skimpy frame.  It really appears to be all about tradeoffs and what is physically possible on a droid that has to seriously restrict what Hasbro can do in this scale.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 22, 2007, 02:48 AM »
I have a question on the coins? I know this is in here somewhere, but there are many posts to go through.

They are not character related, right? I seen the pictures on RS, but are each figure going to have a different coin? Or are there only going to be 6 different (1 for each movie)?

I'm interested do to I can see me passing on many of these figures, but would like the coins. Thanks for any information.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #280 on: April 22, 2007, 07:13 AM »
I have a question on the coins? They are not character related, right? Or are there only going to be 6 different (1 for each movie)?

Yep, there are only 6 different ones; one from each movie film. Here are 4 of the 6....

« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 07:15 AM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 22, 2007, 10:19 AM »
Is it true that these figures are not numbered and not included in the 60 figues comprising 30 AC?

I know they are not part of 30AC counting, but don't know if they have their own independent system.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 22, 2007, 01:12 PM »
Maybe if we mail away 3 POP's from any Saga Legends figures we'll get a fancy coin folder just for these.  :P

Thatd actually be cool!  8)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #283 on: April 23, 2007, 10:27 AM »
I have a question on the coins? They are not character related, right? Or are there only going to be 6 different (1 for each movie)?

Yep, there are only 6 different ones; one from each movie film.

There is a seventh "EU Coin" as well.  I think it is only available with the Darktrooper though...
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 10:28 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 23, 2007, 04:09 PM »
There is a seventh "EU Coin" as well.  I think it is only available with the Darktrooper though...

****, now all the coin collectors are gonna buy the DaarkTrooper just for the coin... Leaving none for the people who actually want the figure, like me. Does anyone know if the DT is packed 2x or in multiple cases?