Author Topic: 30AC Saga Legends  (Read 144710 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: 2007 Saga Legends
« Reply #480 on: September 29, 2007, 09:19 AM »
RS has Q&A news on the SA 501st (and some other pieces):

Rebelscum: Speaking of Saga Legends, what's the status on the Saga Legends 501st Clone Trooper (SA mold), the Sandtrooper Sergeant (Evolutions mold), and the Pit Droids (sitting mold with locker)? Is it possible to reveal what case assortments these variants will be in?

Hasbro: We have some news. The Sandtrooper using the Evolution tool will be shipping starting with assortment 85770000W, and is expected to hit shelves around January.

We have seen first shots of the Pit Droids with bent-leg stance, and full production figures will be out on shelves in March, with all three color versions rolling out through until the end of Spring.

The 501st is a little murkier. While we have asked to switch this figure out for the SA Clone, we have yet to see a sample. We believe the reason is that we are running the SA clone at full capacity elsewhere and our Asian team has not had the ability to switch production. We are still confirming and are hopeful that this switch will happen but cannot confirm when it will take place.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: October 1, 2007, 09:30 AM »
I know it's hard to say for sure since SL wave's 3 and 4 are just starting to hit, but for those who are worried about certain figures being scalped, my observation this week has been that the scalpers are after the UGH and McQuarries mainly. I say this because when seeing them have the choice, they leave the Darktrooper and all the other Legends behind, but take the UGH and McQuarries.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: October 1, 2007, 09:37 AM »
I would think that the scalpers would see that gold EU coin that comes with the Darktrooper and scoop them up on that basis alone.  I've still yet to see one at retail.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: October 1, 2007, 10:17 AM »
I would think that the scalpers would see that gold EU coin that comes with the Darktrooper and scoop them up on that basis alone.  I've still yet to see one at retail.

I thought the same thing.  Most "scalpers" probably don't know the difference, so it seems that they would grab the Darktrooper.  I'd be willing to bet that Darky is actually harder to find than a lot of the UGH due to his troop building potential. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #484 on: October 2, 2007, 12:54 AM »
I got a red Clone tonight...  Quite slick.  Got that and the Imp. Officer, mostly for the coin, which I needed...  A nice couple figures, but no DT's for good reason.  Seems this is what I miss consitantly on any visit:

-SL Darktrooper
-SL Pit Droids
-CZ-4
-Ani-Fett
-McQuarrie Figures (anything at this point, but obviously wave 4 & 5 are really hot here)
-UGH

Around me, where scalpers once weren't quite such a problem, apparantly now the guys that are into other toys *cough*hotwheels*cough* are now hitting the SW aisle real quick for the "rare" items to hock.  Or so goes what I've heard from others, and finding the HTF thing is definitely a bigger pain this year than in years past for me.  Legends is facing the same fate though...  The Pit Droids seemingly have caught people's attention as something everyone wanted with variations, and the DT I agree (about the coin that Nick said) is gonna go early, if for no other reason than a casualty of having the wrong colored pack-in.

Very frustrating, but I've seen wave 4/5 and Legends lately, but always missing a lot of figures from it that people call "rare".
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: October 3, 2007, 09:13 AM »
So, anyone know the deal with the clean white paldron Sandie? That's a surprise.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #486 on: October 4, 2007, 02:41 AM »
So, anyone know the deal with the clean white paldron Sandie? That's a surprise.

You mean like this one, that CHEWIE just found...?

Yep, looks like a definite (intentional) variant there.  I dig the fact that they're making the Sandies both clean and dirty.  I'm guessing they'll do a clean one for every color that they're doing a dirty one for.  Twice the variants, for double the cost.  But will it ever end?!?  Oy.  Makin' my head spin, all this stuff is...
« Last Edit: October 4, 2007, 02:43 AM by JediMAC »

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: October 4, 2007, 05:06 AM »

Found one at Walmart a few days ago. So they are getting out there.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: October 4, 2007, 09:02 AM »
Is this one assigned to a specific case?

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: October 4, 2007, 11:27 AM »
That I'm not sure of Anthony, it was already on the shelf when I got mine.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: October 4, 2007, 01:10 PM »

I found one too.  I didn't take note of the numbering on the case.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: October 5, 2007, 12:43 AM »
I'm glad there's some variation in the Sandtrooper ranks, but the cleanliness doesn't quite look right to me.  I guess as a sort of EU trooper on a cleaner world than Tatooine.  I could use an extra of the variant Imperial Officer though.  I'm just satisfied that Legends is doing reasonably well considering the re-used figures.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: October 5, 2007, 02:40 PM »
Agreed, though I wish it would ship in greater quantities.  We're only W2 in Minnesota and the pegs are usually pretty barren.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: October 5, 2007, 02:48 PM »
Picked up a pair of Dark Troopers  from Khols today.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: October 5, 2007, 04:39 PM »
Just as a heads up for people, I received an order from HTS today and I took a chance and ordered the Sandtrooper listed in their TSC section (although shown with a coin, it says "Mos Eisley" I believe) and it did end up being the Legends Sandtrooper with Orange Pauldron.  I was hoping that would be the case, since that was the Sandtrooper I really wanted to get a hold of.  I don't know if it will always work out that way or not, but I just thought I'd let people know.