Author Topic: 30AC Saga Legends  (Read 143994 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: New "Greatest Hits" Wave - Collector's Choice?
« Reply #30 on: October 3, 2006, 05:05 PM »
Why don't the ROTS astromech droids fit into the Jedi Starfighter droid ports like they're supposed to?

Sadly, they're not intended to. We're stuck with the pseudo-droid plugs that they gave us. Too bad really, it really effects the "playability" factor.  :'(
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 3, 2006, 05:41 PM »
It's utterly disgusting that you would even hint at that. I sincerely hope you were being facetious.

If I were being sarcastic, you'd see this -  ;) or this  :P.

It's disgusting that you think action figures are just for collectors and that a giant stormtrooper (or one that can fly) would not appeal to a 3-5 year old boy.

« Last Edit: October 3, 2006, 05:42 PM by ruiner »

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 3, 2006, 05:54 PM »
The first one would probally warm it looks like ****, the second one wouldn't.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 3, 2006, 06:30 PM »
It's utterly disgusting that you would even hint at that. I sincerely hope you were being facetious.

If I were being sarcastic, you'd see this -  ;) or this  :P.

It's disgusting that you think action figures are just for collectors and that a giant stormtrooper (or one that can fly) would not appeal to a 3-5 year old boy.

I think it's digusting that in light of all the other SA troopers this year and years past you wouldn't expect a better articulated figure...it wouldn't hurt to much. I didn't so much as hint that these are only for collectors...what are you reading? I'm sure (not being that "old" myself) kids can appreciate being able to pose figures. In fact, I'm positive that it's just as inportant to them as it is to anyone else.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 6, 2006, 02:31 PM »
It looks like Rebelscum has a feature up on this next "fan's choice" Greatest Hits wave, and from what I understand, might be assisting in the process.  More info at the link, if interested.  Sounds like a "March Madness" style poll, taking 8 figures from various modern lines and narrowing them down one by one.  The first 8 they are looking for are from the POTF2 line, with other lines to come later, if I'm understanding correctly.
« Last Edit: October 6, 2006, 02:32 PM by Brian »

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #35 on: October 6, 2006, 02:43 PM »
Hasbro will waste time and money releasing more repack/rehashes, producing the packaging, coins, etc.; but they won't produce the ICMG? ::)

But teaming up with RS was a stroke of genius. 
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #36 on: October 6, 2006, 03:02 PM »
So basically, even though Hasbro said "We don't have any plans right now for these" when asked about more Greatest Hits waves a month ago in the Q&A, now they announce they are going to foist 20-24 more repacks on us next year? 

When they hinted at having a fan choice for repacks, I assumed it was going to be like the OTC where it would be ONE repack selected by the fans.  But 20-24 of them?  And that's above and beyond the repacks they were already going to give us in the basic 30th Anniv figure line...   Ick.  ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #37 on: October 6, 2006, 03:12 PM »
Man, I can't wait to get some repackaged versions of the same exact figures I bought nine and ten years ago.

It's really hard to find things that I would want to buy again--many of the older POTF2 figures have since been upgraded, and the a lot of the ones that haven't, deserve upgrading.  It's like, yeah, I'd like to see an Ackbar or Ishi Tib in the line again, but I'd rather see new versions instead, you know?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 6, 2006, 03:17 PM »
That's exactly what I was thinking as well.  There are some figures from the POTF2 line that I missed out on (2-1B, Ackbar, Rebo Band, etc. as examples) that I'd like to get, but I'm sort of waiting to see if they are re-done at this point.  I'm really hoping we see a lot of VOTC figures making it out of this "tournament", if that is how things work.  Otherwise, there isn't a whole lot from the past lines (especially pre POTJ lines) that many people are going to want....and even beyond that, into the newer lines, it might be tough to scrape together 20-24 of them.  Repack the majority of the initial VOTC line, and vote on a few others, and call it good.  Now watch the "vintage" figures be exempt from this, since they were "premium figures". ;)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 6, 2006, 03:43 PM »
Wow, I really want the Han Solo Gunner Station figure and Darth Vader from the SOTE pack.  Gimme a break.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #40 on: October 6, 2006, 04:21 PM »
I'm guessing that many (if not all) of the final assortment will be made up of figures that are still in high-demand today--probably a lot of super-articulated army builders, and a lot of figures that shipped at the tail ends of their respective lines.  This could be a good thing, making the hard-to-find things available again. . .  provided the unwashed masses are intelligent to vote for them, of course.

The '98 EU wave, the final Episode I and POTF2 figures from 2000, the SA troopers that we've seen in the last few years. . .  This might turn out to be a lot better than it seems right now, and better than the last H&V-type assorments, no doubt. . .
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 6, 2006, 04:57 PM »
My concern on this (besides the fact that it is RS....so about 60% of the Adults here can't vote cuz they have been banned) is that There should really be ZERO figures from POTF2 allowed. 

I wonder if "none of the above" is even a choice.  I guess it all depends on how the brackets are done.  Does #1 POTF2 get to be on top of a bracket where #8 VOTC is?  IS POTF2 Guaranteed a spot?

I hope the POST OTC Cantina guys get a shot, they about the only non VOTC Army builders I'd be interested in.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #42 on: October 6, 2006, 04:57 PM »
While I don't give a crap about repacks, why doesn't everyone just vote for the VOTC Stormtrooper and send Hasbro a message?
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 6, 2006, 05:36 PM »
I hope the '98 DarkTrooper is one of the winners.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 6, 2006, 05:48 PM »
While I don't give a crap about repacks, why doesn't everyone just vote for the VOTC Stormtrooper and send Hasbro a message?

I'd go for that, it's all the other folks who will get weak and vote for "Clone  x" or "Pegwarming PT figure"....