Author Topic: 30AC Saga Legends  (Read 144688 times)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Re: New Saga Legends - Collector's Choice?
« Reply #165 on: November 21, 2006, 02:18 AM »
God forbid that an OT character win over a PT character for the 30th Anniversary line.  ::)

I'd much rather have 7 more biker scouts than 7 dinky pit droids, but that's just my opinion.

Your opinion is the same as mine. Even though I have my quota of Scouts, Id rather see them than Pit Droids.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 21, 2006, 02:40 AM »
I'm definitely glad to see those Pit Droids crack the top four.  They were among the toughest figures to get over the whole span of the modern line.  I definitely hope that Hasbro will include the accessories that were unique to the later offerings in the 2-packs.

As for the rest of the poll?  I think Hasbro's definitely going to give strong consideration to any figure that made the top 8.  But I also think that the polls have been hit so hard by army builders that the whole thing borders on a farce.  And what will be equally ridiculous is that Hasbro is going to insert some core characters into the Saga Legends line that they were planning on anyway, and that is bound to start off a whole new round of whinging.  Any way you slice it, this will be message board fodder for months to come, and the most ridiculous part about it is that a lot of people will be arguing about figures that most of them already have.   ::)
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 21, 2006, 09:35 AM »

But the voting is not over yet! Now that the final 4 are determined, we're going to take it one step further. In addition to being released as one of the "Fan's Choices", the figure (or figures, in some cases) that you vote as the #1 fan favorite will be specially marked that way on the card. So once again, every vote counts to determine the overall fan favorite figure.

Favorite figure is a misnomer. It's not about favorite, it's about getting the chance to get a figure you missed out on or want more of.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 21, 2006, 01:55 PM »
Good point- and furthermore, it's not a true favorite because of the bracket system necessarily eliminating what could have gone further than it did, since each pair-off had to eliminate one.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 26, 2006, 11:44 AM »
The other 4 should be:
Boba Fett (VOTC)
Clone Trooper (AOTC,SA)
FX-7
Security Battle Droid

But will probally be:
Coleman Trebor
Luke Skywalker (EU)
Ishi Tib
Asajj Ventress  :-X
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #170 on: November 27, 2006, 10:18 AM »
Are they ******* serious? That retarded Darktrooper is winning this thing? Maybe they'll throw us a bone and resculpt it. It looked cool in Battlefront (because it looked more like a stormtrooper), but the current POTF2 Darktrooper looks like a rejected He-Man villain concept.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #171 on: November 27, 2006, 08:03 PM »
I gotta disagree Lando, but only because the Dark Trooper's original design isn't from Battlefront and for me it came from a BETTER game in Dark Forces...  Since they designed the character I feel it's the more "true" version of the character.  In the game he's big...  The figure looks just like 3-D renderings of the character from the instructions and guide actually.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 28, 2006, 10:28 AM »
I liked three of the final four. Didn't care for that Sandtrooper making it to production. I could handle the rest, happily.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #173 on: November 28, 2006, 12:09 PM »
So, the final four were PotJ Imp Officer, Evo Sandtrooper, Pit Droids, and Dark trooper? 

Once again with Hasbro , it seems like I'm  winner and a loser all at the same time.  While I am very happy to have a chance to finally get those EU Pit Droids, my OCD is irritated at having to buy all these damn carded variations that are coming.  Remember what Curto said early on in the poll?

The Bonus Pit Droids (previously only available overseas) will be combined into a 2-pack with one of their accessories. Should they advance, look for a running change of all 3 color schemes (and changing accessory) on these as well.

and 

all three variants of the Imperial Officer would be made as a running change

So, that means that I can look forward to buying as many as NINE different frickin' variations of just two winners.   ::)

2007 Saga Legends Beige Pit Droid 2-Pack w/Toolbox #1
2007 Saga Legends Beige Pit Droid 2-Pack w/Toolbox #2
2007 Saga Legends Orange Pit Droid 2-Pack w/Toolbox #1
2007 Saga Legends Orange Pit Droid 2-Pack w/Toolbox #2
2007 Saga Legends Red Pit Droid 2-Pack w/Toolbox #1
2007 Saga Legends Red Pit Droid 2-Pack w/Toolbox #2
2007 Saga Legends Imperial Officer (Head #1)
2007 Saga Legends Imperial Officer (Head #2)
2007 Saga Legends Imperial Officer (Head #3)

* It's times like this I hate myself for having a complete carded collection.   :-[
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #174 on: November 28, 2006, 12:23 PM »
My advice, get out before the 30th Annv. line starts - it's cathartic  ;D
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 28, 2006, 02:47 PM »
I gotta disagree Lando, but only because the Dark Trooper's original design isn't from Battlefront and for me it came from a BETTER game in Dark Forces...  Since they designed the character I feel it's the more "true" version of the character.  In the game he's big...  The figure looks just like 3-D renderings of the character from the instructions and guide actually.

Oh I know its from Dark Forces, and I loved that game. But the DarkTrooper to me was always a total '90s big huge video game boss. In battlefront the Darktrooper seemed more realistic.

But the main problem I have with the Darktrooper is that the sculpt and articulation doesn't really hold up very well with the current offerings. I have a Darktrooper (or at least I used to...I may have traded him away), and I don't even display him. He just doesn't seem very Star Wars-ish. A more poseable and better detailed Darktrooper would be awesome, not a repack.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #176 on: November 28, 2006, 06:36 PM »
Now there I'm with you...  mostly.  I think the sculpt's 100% accurate to his 3-D renderings from his instruction guide and strategy guide, but as far as articulation goes he's as bad as everyone else from his era...  :(  What I'd like is an actual removable suit with a figure of Rom Mohc inside, or even a Phase 1 Endoskeleton inside (even better since that's what makes a real Dark Trooper).  That would rock as a deluxe figure...  It's totally doable too with the size of the character.

Any of the figures voted on from pre-2005 were pretty much not on-par with today's figures though.  Beyond Clones, I can't think of much on that voting list that I wouldn't want resculpted or at least getting a new leg sculpt here and there.

For instance the Imp Officers are cool, and if I find them cheap they're cool, but $7 is too much for a figure with such **** articulation (and lame accessory pack-ins to boot).  Now, you give that figure the DSG's legs, and perhaps his arms, and I'm in...  I'm in for dozens more to go with the dozens I have.

About the only ones, beside SA Clones, I really was behind in the vote, were the Pit Droids...  I was sorta behind white EE/CW SA Clones, Evolutions Clones, and VOTC Stormtrooper till his removal as well, as these are all worthy repacks that were tough to find (Evolutions barely shipped to Pitt),  but yeah I just couldn't get into a lot of that other stuff...  Ephant Mon became easy enough to pick up (I even had trouble trading away an extra!), and I mean Sio Bibble?  You could super articulate him and I'd still not want that figure since I have one.

The whole voting thing told me one thing...  Never trust the opinion of collectors.  They're very split, it's obvious by the numbers.  And they're very fickle over what they like and how they feel others should collect as they do...  The whole vote thing seemingly brought out the worst in many people from what I've read.  It's silly.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 29, 2006, 10:44 AM »
The problem I have with the 3D renderings of the Darktrooper, is that they were done with old software, and just isn't that great (the rendering of Boba Fett on the back of the cd-rom jewel case is a good indicator). I see the Dark Trooper as I see the POTF2 ANH Jabba the Hutt...its a good representation of a crappy 3d rendering.

Overall, I like the idea of the Darktrooper, so a resculpt would be nice (even a version with a figure inside like you mentioned), but the POTF2 Darktrooper feels too much like a cheap kick in the balls to me.

You're right though...never trust the opinions of the fans. I hadn't expected how many fans would have such bad taste.  :-\

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #178 on: November 29, 2006, 02:53 PM »
I just cannot believe the Darktrooper thing.  It is a kick in the balls and it will be an even bigger/stronger/bolder kick in the nads if Hasbro puts him out in his POTF2 "glory".
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 29, 2006, 05:17 PM »
The only reason I want the Dark Trooper on the pegs is the kids.  How many five year old boys would not want a huge ass stormtrooper with a big ass gun (and generic SW die cast coin)   ;)!?

Hell, I'd rebuy one just so junior could have one to play with.

Nevermind the fact that the EU version I bought a year ago for $20 will become worthless... :P